“Very comfortable and convenient”

Uno Buenos Aires Suites
Ranked #142 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Ontario
“Very comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The Uno Buenos Aires Suites provide us admirable accommodation for our visit to Buenos Aires this March. Our room was ultra modern, well appointed and also featured a small refrigerator. This was a great boon as once you have ordered an Argentine Parradilla it's remnants are with you for several days. Depending how fast you can eat. The hotel is very convenient to the Subway and central BA is walkable from here. Be sure and checkout the roof top common area and Spa.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MikeyBDryden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Large rooms with a minimalist decoration. The external rooms are a bit loudly. Breakfast untill 11 PM on weekends. I recomend strongly do not take the regular black cofee .Ask for the espresso. Take a shower can be a little loudly , mainly if your partner is sleeping. But in general worths its value.

• Stayed March 2013
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights back in November 2012. It is conveniently located just by the Parliament building, in the heart of Buenos Aires. The hotel is easyly accessible, as it is located on a main street, there is a metro/subte station just some 20m away. Rooms were nice, a king-size bed, wide-screen TV with many channels. I had a great view from my (dont laugh) bathroom window /see photo attached/. The room itself was pretty big - about 35 m2. There is a terrace on the roof, allowing you to enjoy a great view of the city. Breakfast was tasty.
A tip: don't bother looking for a bank to exchange money if you carry cash, as generally speaking hotels tend to offer better exchange courses, higher than the official one (as far as I got it, Argentinians are not allowed to buy currency). USD/EUR accepted even in chain stores.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The rooms are indeed very large, and the whole structure is very recent, creating a very cozy experience. Both the air and water heating are very good - depending on which season you go, this is very important. The breakfast is okay, with a few but tasty breads and cereals, and depending on the time of the day it's a bit difficult to get a table. We didn't had any problems with the staff, but then again we hadn't needed them too much - we've just asked for a few informations in spanish and for a cab once, and we were nicely answered. The location is also very good - it's very close to the subway, supermarkets, good restaurants, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andremanoel
London
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Had a huge room with massive bed which was wonderful. This modern hotel is located near Congreso and within reasonable walking distance of the main avenue. I found the staff on reception during the daytime very helpful, I had them phoning and checking availability for tango shows, restaurants all the time and they always helped and were courteous, making bookings where necessary. One big disappointment was the breakfast, badly managed and inadequate. I understood that this was a new service and it definitely needs improving. I used the laundry service but although clean my clothes lacked that nice freshly laundered smell, which made we wonder how they'd been washed!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We recently stayed at this new hotel in the city center. The rooms were very nice but the guy at the front desk is very rude. He is young and arrogant and has no place in the service industry. We asked him if he could call to confirm our Tango show reservation we had made online. He told my friend he couldn't help her and then I went down to ask for his help in Spanish. I asked if he could just call and make us a new reservation. He told me there was no way I was going to get in if I hadn't received a confirmation and that the show had already started. I asked him to please just call the place and he wouldn't. Then I asked him to call a cab and he avoided doing that as well.

We grabbed a cab on our own, went to the tango show, explained we hadn't received a confirmation and got VIP treatment. they set up up for dinner and gave us the second table back from the center stage. They felt bad that we got jerked around and took care of us.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank vixette
Saltnes, Norway
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed in the hotel 2 nights in November 2011. The hotel is new so rooms are good and clean. The staff on the other hand is horrible. No system or service at all. If you plan to stay so make sure you have your booking confirmation with you. No restaurant or breakfast facilities at the hotel.
They lost my rucksack during storage, and no assistance was offered even when they new I lost my prescription glasses, and medicines.......

Suggest to look for another option

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends