“Amazing Way to see another side of the city”
Review of Graffitimundo

and up
Small-Group Buenos Aires Graffiti Art Tour
Ranked #41 of 306 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: graffitimundo is non-profit organisation which celebrates graffiti & street art in Buenos Aires and supports its artists. We run tours in close collaboration with a network of street artists, and share our first hand knowledge of the scene through friendly guided tours which reveal the extraordinary story behind the thriving urban art scene. Our tours take you off the beaten path to reveal the city's hidden graffiti hotspots and street art galleries. You’ll learn all about the Buenos Aires urban art scene, from the cultural and historical origins to the different styles and techniques on display. Stopping by an artists’ studio and finishing in the city’s only street art bar and gallery, the tour also gives you the chance to meet with artists and buy affordable artwork. All proceeds from our tours are used to keep our project running, and enable us to continue promoting the scene and supporting its artist.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I loved this tour! Experiencing the history and the culture of the city through this amazing art is great way to break the stodgy city tour mold. Both the street art and the guides were amazing, and it opened my eyes to all of the amazing art in other cities as well!

If you are in BA for any period of time I would definitely recommend this experience!

All reviews
"three hours"
in 14 reviews
"informative tour"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 7 reviews
"spend an afternoon"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I went along with my girlfriend not expecting much although I was blown away by the beautiful street surroundings of the streetart world, Anna was a great tour guide and really entertained the tour like we were her close friends .

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This tour was one of the highlights of my trip to BA. You meet a guide in part of the city and get a walking/driving tour of some of the area's street art. The scene in BA is rich and diverse. The company started up because two travellers wanted to learn more about street art there. It's fascinating to hear the stories about the art, and see it for so much more than what graffiti is in America. Please please please, do this tour.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We took this tour with Ana, who was outstanding. She managed to teach us all about what graffiti is, where it came from, who uses it every day (hint: for their political aims), and how to think about this media as art.

Until I took this tour, my idea of seeing art was to visit as many museums and galleries as possible. This is what I do when I travel; luckily I have a wonderful girlfriend who does the same. Now that I understand that graffiti artists live in a world that has nothing to do with vandalizing buildings, walls, etc. I realize that every street is a museum. Having grown up in the Big Apple, this literally blows my mind!

On this tour you will learn the difference between mere tagging, bombing, stenciling and street art. And you will see things you've seen every day, but with a brand new perspective.

I should also mention that Ana speaks exceptional English, and has a solid grasp of the terminology artists and fans like us use. That, in itself, is a treat.

As you can tell, I can't recommend this tour enough. Go on it, and enjoy the beautiful world of street art that Buenos Aires has to offer.

(And don't skip the museums, like MALBA, MACBA, Bellas Artes, Fortabat, etc. either.)