“As advertised... highly recommended.”
Review of Pop Hotel

Pop Hotel
Ranked #103 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The review I saw of this place was that its not particularly romantic but has everything that a modern hotel should at a great price. The room did have everything the bed was super comfortable and the location is in one of the best neighborhoods in the city. Palermo is everything a vacation should be.. amazing food, laid back atmosphere, great cafes, and live music at night, all within walking distance of the hotel.

Great place as my wife would say, Bueno, Bonito y Barato!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oldChappy
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear oldChappy,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
It makes us very proud to know you enjoyed your stay and the service we provide.
We look forward to welcoming you once again at Pop Hotel!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at Pop hotel a few times in December 2013
On a positive note, the hotel is good value, the hotel was always clean and the staff always helpful.
The WiFi was very good, and area was very quiet.
The area is quite safe, I walked around the area quite a bit and never felt unsafe
They are right in the middle of the outlet district - but prices here are no better than in Australia.

But it is a bit out of the way - to get to any destination you have to take a taxi or use the subway. On weekday morniings the trains are really full, and on Sundays it can be a pain, as the subway opens late, meaning you have to find one of the scarce taxis to get to any tour on a Sunday morning (and none of the tour operators pick up from this area).
Also, none of the airport shuttles stop in this area, so a taxi is a must to get to or from the airport.
While the cafe next door is OK for breakfast it becomes a bit expensive to do this every day - so self catering is a must. Fortunately they have a kettle, fridge and a kitchen sink in the rooms, but sadly no bowls or cutlery or microwave.
Hint: If you want a large supermarket, with a decent range, go up to the main road near the subway station and turn right, for about 2 blocks. These are much better than the smaller supermarkets nearby.
Most of the local restaurants don't speak much English, so ordering is a challenge, though prices are reasonable.
The rooms don't have any comfy chairs, and the light is pretty poor for reading.

Overall it's an OK base, but I would prefer to be closer to the tourist areas and the airport shuttle, and to have an included breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DR99_01
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear DR99_01,
Thank you for taking the time to review Pop Hotel and for your kind words about our staff!
Please note that Pop Hotel has indeed very good connections with the city thanks to the proximity with Corrientes St, where dozens of bus lines run every day.
In Villa Crespo area itself, there are many cafes and restaurants, and it´s becoming a very popular gourmet area.
As well Palermo is only 5 blocks away, one of the main touristic neighborhoods. Please note that we offer a really well priced option close to hip areas of Buenos Aires.
As for our breakfast, please note that it may be included in any of our reservations, should you choose to do so.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you once again!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked the Pop hotel based on the reviews and they are very true! We were extremely pleased with our stay at this hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff at reception were extremely helpful and knowledgable. They made our stay great from the start.

In terms of location, the hotel is situated in a great area of the city- Villa Crespo. You are near all the tourist sites but without being in the throws of tourist traffic so you get more of a feel for Buenos Aires. There is a subte (subway/metro) stop about 3 blocks away which was perfect for our 6 day stay. There are nice cafes nearby so you won't ever be far from a great coffee or pastry.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Maureen & Phillip,
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in our hotel.
We do our best to provide a great service, and we are glad that you had a really good experience.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future!
Best regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel is clean, modern, beautiful. It does not include breakfast but next to it there is a coffee shop with delicious breakfast. The pop hotel is very simple, it has a comfortable bed, air conditioner, bathroom, cable tv.
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Romina,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Pop Hotel!
We really appreciate your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you and Bruno again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel appears to have been recently renovated. The rooms are large, basic, very clean and modern. We got a very good rate and would definately stay here again if we were back in Buenos Aires. The neighbourhood seems generally quite and safe although a quick walk to the metro and a main road with many shops.

The view from the room is not spectacular but nice enough.

I should also mention that the staff were very nice and helpful.

We couldn't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NorthernCDNTraveller,
Thank you so much for selecting Pop Hotel for your trip to Buenos Aires!
We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

What an amazing hotel! I wanted a cheap hotel for my stay in BA but couldn't be a regular youth and go for a hostel so I found Pop Hotel and knew the minute I arrived that I'd chosen wisely!
Perfect room, great location and AMAZING staff at the front desk. The guys were all so helpful! We checked in three separate times and they let us leave a bag each time and we were able to have a late checkout on the last day before we came home to Australia. Very accommodating! The wifi worked the first day but then not for the rest of the week unless we stood in the hallway which was weird but on the next stay it worked perfectly! Almacen Purista the cafe down the street on the corner is amazing - the most amazing scrambled eggs and fresh juice I've ever had. Great stay!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zoe D
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Zoe,
Thank you very much for your feedback and for your lovely words!
We work hard every day to make sure our guest receive an excellent service and enjoy their stay at Pop Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and Kelsi once again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

When I walked into my room I had to check into my email to confirm what I had paid because the room was so good, I assumed I'd accidentally paid more than I'd planned to (I paid around $45USD/night).

This is a hotel that is set up for foreigners who speak English and want all of the classic standards that they might expect in say the USA from a chain hotel. If you're looking for something with more character, try a bed and breakfast or a sublet elsewhere, of which there are so many in BA. If you get really excited about having a flat screen TV, excellent air con, English-speaking staff and GOOD GOD they even let me have an iron in my room (everywhere else I stayed made me send my clothes to get ironed in their laundry) then this is the place for you.

The only other fresh info I think I could add to the other reviews is that the location is actually excellent. It's close to the classical Palermo attractions while allowing you access to the less expensive places that the locals go to. Also - really important - a five minute walk to the Subte station (the Subte is so easy to use and will get you to other parts of BA at a minuscule fraction of the cost of a taxi). It's a ten minute walk to the centre of Palermo Soho, that walk takes you through a lot of outlet clothing stores and past some lovely cafes.

The problem with Buenos Aires is that there are so many wonderful accommodation options to choose from!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Helen M
Bárbara B, Gerente at Pop Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Helen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
It gives us great joy to know you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back at POP Hotel!