“Perfect location and lovely hotel”
Review of L'Hotel Palermo

L'Hotel Palermo
Ranked #25 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here for a few nights last week. The hotel is right in the thick of Palermo, which is easily the coolest burrough of BA. The rooms aren´t massive, but the beds are huge and decor and way the rooms have been designed is really stylised and nice. There is a great pool, if you fancy dip and the staff on the front desk all knew the local area really well and were always extremely helpful. I´d stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for L'Hotel Palermo

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stay at this hotel 16th September and 23rd September , we thought it was a lovely hotel , it was quite , staff were very helpful . They were doing up some rooms on ground floor for their summer season . We would go back again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hotel is very nice little hotel in the heart of Palermo area. I booked the superior room, and I was kind of surprised of the room space, even the superior suite does not have a table and chair for working with a laptop.
Also the only room window is to an internal patio, so privacy and fresh air was not possible at least for me.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special. Internet didn't work in my two days stay, at least from my room. If you just look for a nice place for sleep this hotel is ok, but maybe it is a little overpriced.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite noise, maybe a room in second floor is better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I'm Argentinean but living abroad, and this time I brought my boyfriend for the first time to Buenos Aires.
I chose the hotel as I saw it getting built while I was still living in Bs As and from the structure it already looked amazing.
From day 1 we had the most complete experience I could ever imagine:
Everything was perfect, the room: located just on top of the little & cosy breakfast place, made us wake up every day with the amazing smell of medialunas just being baked and the coffee just being brewed.
Spacious, with a massive walk in wardrobe, a beautifully natural lighten bathroom from where we could see the garden & pool; and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, which made getting up to discover the city extremely difficult!
We served ourselves from a continental breakfast, and sat in little vintage tables decorated with seasonal fresh flowers, which got someone living in Dubai like me made my mornings extremely pleasant!
The staff was very helpful, each and all of them, Carolina & Silvia are the ones I spoke with more, but also the guys at the night shift were really amazing and attentive, always asking if we needed anything and providing very good tips of local knowledge!
The best of all was the location, close to everything you want to do in this never sleeping, wonderful city, in a walking distance!
Certainly L'Hotel Palermo for me & my boyfriend its a hidden Gem in a city with a lot of choices. We will certainly come back & we recommend it to anyone looking for truly Argentinean passion...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a beautiful little hotel in a fantastic location in Palermo Soho. The reception staff were excellent, very knowledgeable, helped us to plan our dining adventures each night, found a reliable babysitter and responded to our regular queries with charm.

Travelling with three children, our first night (a Thursday) was spent in two of the front rooms overlooking the street. The street noise was terrible - cars, people walking by, talking loudly, all night and into the early hours. I made a request early the next day to be moved and the reception organised this for us very quickly and with little fuss. We ended up with a larger, beautifully appointed room at the back of the hotel for my husband, I and the baby and a smaller, but very comfortable bedroom nearby for the older two children, all at no extra cost. I was very grateful and very impressed. The rooms were all very clean, the most comfortable beds that I have ever been in and very nice bathrooms with a real bath, what a treat! The garden and pool area is really lovely and in summer would be worth spending some time resting there.

On the downside, the breakfast is adequate, but repetitive and with little variety. And it starts a little late for those of us with children. Not a major issue though.

My biggest concern was the bill at the end. As we had booked directly through the hotel and received a good deal for a late booking, the full amount was supposed to have been charged prior to our arrival, which we had authorised. However, this did not occur and our credit card was not charged until a few days into our stay. Unfortunately, the amount charged was totally inaccurate (an overcharge of just under $US200). It has taken several polite conversations prior to departure and three increasingly agitated emails following our departure to have the money credited back to our account, a full month since our visit. We still have not received an accurate final written bill, which we require for my husband's company's accounts.

Its a shame that this occurred, because in almost all other ways, it was an outstanding experience and we would almost certainly go back again if we were to visit Buenos Aires another time.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel get a lot of street noise. The back rooms are much quieter and over...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tahnee D
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I agree with the other reviews in regards to the nice outdoor area. It is great to have some outdoor space after walking/ sight seeing/ shopping. The lady who booked us in was very nice and helpful - she was the only staff member we interacted with. We were in room #8. We also peeked into some of the other rooms. The rooms are extremely basic. No decor what so ever. I would suggest this type of lodging for someone who is a budget traveler - wants a clean, basic room. It is not for anyone who likes space or anyone who considers their lodging a part of their overall travel experience. I would think this hotel would be about half the price for what you get. My husband and I got frustrated tripping over our suitcases while getting ready to go to the theatre. We actually checked out after the theatre and stayed somewhere else! I have stayed in several boutique hotels in BA and this one is the least well appointed - especially for the price. For example, the Legado Mitico, is approximately $10/ night (we paid $183 plus tax for room #8 in US fund, for L'Hotel). Legado has beautifully decorated rooms, larger rooms, large sitting area/ living room for guest to share, etc. There is no comparison. This hotel would be a good recommendation for travellers wanting a clean basic room in a good location...but needs to be priced better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TamiFri
Reviewed 25 June 2013

L'hotel Palermo is a very cozy and clean hotel. Located in the heart of Palermo Soho, the most young and cosmopolitan neighborhood in Buenos Aires with a lot of stores, restaurantes and art galleries.
The hotel have 27 rooms on which every one has a different decoration. The one i have stayed it was a 15m² suite with a queen bed and a wardrobe. Very clean bathroom and a good shower, i missed a curtain in the shower, that would prevent me of water the whole place, which happened. despite that, the room was very good.
Breakfast was simple but very tasty. Not lots of options but fulfill my needs: Nespresso, cornflakes, yogurts, breads (three kinds including the famous medialunas), butter, jelly, dulce de leche.
Staff were genlty when required and very helpfull with some city tips.

I really recommend the Hotel if you are looking for a comfy, clean and well located hotel in Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Staff says that rooms in the inside part of the hotel are more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple