“Man Tour - Worth It”

LandingPadBA Day Tours
Ranked #26 of 277 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: We have created and collected some of the most unique, off the beaten path tours in Buenos Aires. Enjoy browsing at your leisure and selecting the tours or activities that interest you the most. You will be greeted by the highest standard of customer service when you are ready to reserve. We hope you enjoy your time in Buenos Aires! We will certainly try to make it happen for you!
Orlando
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Man Tour - Worth It”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Father son trip. I'm 50, he's 22. Incredible. Ceri (sp) was our guide. Not sure he could really have done all he says he has: classically trained actor, speaks 3 or 4 languages, masters degree in post-Freudian psychoanalysis... Anyway, at one point we were sharing mate (MAH-tay) in downtown B.A. getting a history/culture lesson. At another, in a hat shop that has made hats for Argentine cowboys for three generation. Next we were eating the best empanadas I've ever had. But all that paled in comparison to the last two stops. At around 4p, we were in an Argentine barbershop getting hot towel/straight razor shaves. We hit one of the two days per week at that barbershop on which about ten local octogenarians gather with an accordionist and a sound system and sing solos to their heart's content. And they served drinks. Finally, from about 6-9p we were in a great cigar bar smoking Cuban cigars, drinking American whiskey and watching World Cup soccer. Won't forget this day.

Visited July 2014

Hamburg, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great, but expensive”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I visited a Soccer match (Acacdemia vs. Boca Juniors) with LandingPadBA. The Organisation was great. We met beforehand in the inner City and had some empanadas (I had better..) and one beer to meet up. After that we were moved to the Stadium in several Vans and walked to our assigned seats inside the Stadium. After the match they brought us back to the City.

The tour itself is very expensive - mainly if you compare it to the ticket Prices themselves. But I was kinda happy that we were brought to the Stadium and away and that we had People with us that guided as to our seats. Without speaking Spanish and in the evening it can be pretty scary to visit a Soccer match in Argentina (or an adventure - whatever you are up to!). So you paid a lot for safety, I would say.

I think it was a bit sad that they took us to places from where we should go home after the match. I would have enjoyed if they had recommended a bar from where you can decide to leave to your Hotel or to have a drink with the other People. This way, the Group was kinda forced to disperse right after the game. This happened so quickly that I could not Exchange contact Details with other fellows and we were drawn apart. Maybe it would be a good idea to bring all the People to one bar in the end. (You could even get some Promotion from this bar - hint hint) ;)

Visited March 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful horse friends”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

For all the people like me, who are searching a REAL horseback riding experience: come here and enjoy! On my whole trip through Brasil and Argentina this is definitely the best place by far! Really and seriously very very well treated happy horses on a beautiful spot and of course the gorgeous owners Miriam and Adrian who are running this place with a lot of passion and their personal relationsship to every single horse. They do not focus on their profit like most of the other places; first the animals then the rest and this is how it should be. Best empanadas on my whole stay in ARG, too :) An adorable place where you don't want to leave from.

Perth, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A mixed review”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hmmmm... I have a mixed review to share. In summary: seeing the football game was amazing, the male guide we had was NOT so amazing.

We attended a River Plate football game with Landing Pad. The email communications between us and Landing Pad were great. All our enquiries were answered very promptly. On the day of the game, we were able to locate the bus easily and Julia, our initial guide, was friendly, enthusiastic and polite.

The bus takes you to a long lunch where you can enjoy chatting to other people attending the game. Personally we thought the lunch takes way too long (we were there for hours) but I suppose it is necessary to ensure all the people attending the game are collected. It wasn't explained to us why we were there so long.

We were then dropped off at the stadium and given a new guide. This man, I have forgotten his name, was bordering on rude... In our group we had an American family with young children. This man introduced himself to us by saying to us "My English is very <insert swear word here> bad". I was shocked that he would swear like that in front of young children and women. It was embarrassing. I am not sure if he realised the particular word is a swear word in English - maybe he didn't mean to be rude?

We then continued on to go through security to our seats. We were well briefed by Julia on what to expect with security (pat down search etc). However our male guide didn't show much concern about keeping us all together. He kind of looked annoyed that we weren't all keeping up. The crowds are chaotic and it was hard to keep up with the pace of our guide.

We took our seats and enjoyed the game. Our guide smoked cigarettes throughout the game without asking if it offended us. I HATE cigarette smoke and was shocked he was smoking around us. Maybe another example of different cultures?

The game was FANTASTIC. The crowd and atmosphere is wonderful. We felt completely safe. The game was a highlight of our trip to Buenos Aires.

All in all, I would recommend LandingPad BA if you wish to see a football match (the football matches are definitely worth the effort and expense) - you just need to hope you get a nicer guide!

JRinBA, Owner at LandingPadBA Day Tours, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hi Peta_and_Jeff,

A big thank you for your review! A very honest and helpful description of your experience. I really do appreciate you recognizing both our strengths and weaknesses in this case. I will be personally having a chat with the guide you mentioned and futbol manager about this.

I hope you guys had a great time in Buenos Aires. Very happy to hear that the game was the highlight of your trip!
gypsy55
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Go Bocca Juniors!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had an excellent experience with Landing Pad BA. The outing was well managed and our guide did everything to make us feel safe. My daughter had a bit of trouble with the police check point but our guide got her through swiftly and safely. We would never have managed anything like it on our own.
The game was a really exciting experience especially for my daughter who loves futbol!!

JRinBA, Owner at LandingPadBA Day Tours, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you Gypsy55! I am very pleased to hear that you and your daughter had a good time at the Boca match.

Yes, the police and security can be a bit of a pain at the futbol matches, but it is ultimately for the better. I am glad to hear that the guide stepped in and ensured everything went smoothly. Your compliments will be passed on to him.

I hope you guys enjoyed your time here in Buenos Aires!