“Tasty meal, good service”

Alameda Restaurante
Ranked #477 of 4,984 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montserrat
Description: Alameda Restaurante, with the classic spirit of the porteño Pizza-Cafe, located in the strategic corner of Avenida de Mayo, just steps away from 9 de Julio Avenue, in front of the mythical Avenida Theater, surprises us with an offer for every hour: breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just enjoying a delicious coffee with our handmade pastries or pies. Its elaborate menu includes an Executive and Chef's house special dishes list, translated to English and Portuguese.
Kingston, Canada
“Tasty meal, good service”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was a nice place for a solo traveler since the restaurant had several large screen televisions located in strategic locations. The particular night I went, there was a futbol match on and kept me entertained while waiting for food and drinks.

The service was very good and the food even better. I ordered a steak, and frankly, it was the first good steak I've had in Argentina. The sides and dessert were also delicious.

I would certainly recommend a visit to Alameda if you are in the area and looking for a place to have a decent meal.

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
kansas
“OK but dont spend too much here”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

does not seem as good as it was 3-4 years ago.
seems to be more geared towards pizza and pasta dishes
waiters don't seem too ambitious anymore
try a sandwich de lomito with fries for AR 55
a little expensive for what it is but you could spend more and get less across the street

• Visited December 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Good Late Night Option”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Eat where the locals eat.
That's the sort of place. We had really good carne, with excellent taste and great service. Good central starting point for a night out in Baires.

Visited November 2013
“Over this meal”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

After 5 days in patagonia with heavy lamb dishes, i couldn't wait for a nice dinner with my husband in Buenos Aires. I had the ravioli, and my husband had the sorrentinos. I was surprised to find out that the pasta sauce was extra, and I would mot have minded if it was any good! My bolognese sauce was meaty, but very bland. After dinner, I thought I could save the meal with a dessert--I love dessert! The tirimisu was more gelantinous than creamy; it was so dense that it would have sunk to the bottom of the ocean. However, my husband ordered the flan and it was OK.

When the bill came, there was a service charge (8 peasos/person). My husband asked if the servicio = tip. The waiter clearly said the service charge did not include tip--then what the heck was it?!? I paid the bill and left an additional 20 because I saw the server's family visit him on a Saturday night.

Overall, the food is OK, a bit bland, but save yourself the calories from the dessert choices. The girl one table over looked like she was having a fabulous moment with her ice cream.

Volcan Panama
“4 Cheese Pizza to Die For Except the Last Time”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed across the street so eating in this bright, spacious cafe restaurant was convenient and pleasant. We tried the 4 cheese pizza on a whim (who ever heard of a pizza with roquefort cheese?) and fell in love with the gooey, delicious dish.
We went back 3 more times to savor its delights (1/2 with anchovies - divine if you love them, horrifying if you don't - one of us does, one does not).
The last time (#4) was hugely disappointing: same table, same waiter, same smile and courtesy, but the pizza was cold in spots, not nearly as tasty with rather lumpy crust. Quite a disappointment, to say the least.
On the other hand, the same cappuccino we ordered after each other the pizzas (excellent, by the way) came with chocolate this time.
I guess, with the unpredictability, that we were lucky the pizza was not what came with the chocolate!
So three times out of 4 the 4 cheese pizza was fantastic and once it was grim.
Here's hoping your average is on the 75% side of the craps table!

Visited September 2013