“Nice Hotel, but had Difficulty getting a Taxi.”
Review of Hotel Club Frances

Hotel Club Frances
Ranked #52 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 26 March 2014

It's a nice small hotel with a decent free hot breakfast. The major downside was that the staff at the front desk was relatively new and had trouble finding their taxi company to get me to the airport the next day. That was a bit frustrating.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel is located in the Recoleta, which is a great and safe neighborhood. The room itself was quite large. The other downside was that the shower door was designed where it would leak water.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
María C S, Director Comercial at Hotel Club Frances, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear DRY_72, we were so surprised to hear that our breakfast was just decent up to your standards , when all reviews comment on our wonderful eggs, omelets and other delicious dishes that are done at the moment to make them as perfect as they can be.
In the hospitality industry (at least in Argentina) staff is always changing and more often than not a new employee will greet you. The trouble with the taxi was not that our clerk could not get it, she offered to call a car and you preferred to grab a street taxi. Taxis come quite often by the door of our hotel, but not most of them could take you because of you luggage size, this is what took some time rather than our staff being unable to.
We thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The HCF is first rate in every respect. It is a beautiful quiet setting in a wonderful neighborhood. The room are large and spotless and the food is amazing. The breakfast, which comes with the room, is incredibly - a gourmet feast every day. The dinners are among the best in BA. But what really sets the HCF apart is the extraordinary staff. They are warm, friendly, courteous and incredibly helpful. They did everything conceivably possible to make our visit to BA outstanding. We were there for a week and wished it could have been a month. They seemed to genuinely enjoy being our hosts and sharing the joys of the city with us.

Room Tip: all rooms are fantastic as far as we could tell
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guilford1

Dear Guilford1, we were very happy to have you twice at our place. It is always fun when our guests are eager to know our city, our customs and traditions.
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I absolutely LOVED my stay at this wonderful, boutique hotel. I was only here for one night, but everything was top notch and I wish I could've stayed longer. I took a remise from the airport and found that the hotel was in a great location. Upon arrival, the hotel knew who I was before I could even say my name. The check-in process was quick and they escorted me up to my room to personally show me the room.

The hotel has a wonderful character to it and every staff member that I spoke to was incredibly welcoming, accommodating and friendly. The front desk staff helped me to get a reservation for dinner (amazing dinner at El Mirasol de la Recova btw), called for a taxi, gave advice on timing to the airport, gave advice on what colors to wear to a River Plate game, etc. I really relied on their knowledge for the first 24 hours in country to help me get my bearings. And, I appreciated the fact that the staff also spoke English - it took me a couple of days to get back into speaking Spanish.

The room was nicely decorated, the bed was super comfortable and I enjoyed the shower in the bathroom. This is the type of hotel that you crave after flying/traveling for 15 hours. The breakfast on the back patio was very relaxing and the chef made me one of the BEST omelettes I've ever had. I very much enjoyed talking to our waiter, Matias , who was very friendly and gave some great advice as well.

The next day when had to check-out I was worried that I'd be kicked out of my room at 12:00 PM and would have to find a place to store my bags until my flight. Again, I can't say enough about the staff here, they told me that whatever time I needed, they could make work. Who says that?!?! I adore this hotel and will definitely stay here if I find myself in Buenos Aires again. xoxo

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
María C S, General Manager at Hotel Club Frances, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear April, thank you so much for your beautiful review, and the title you gave it is exactly what we are going for, so needless to say that I LOVED IT!
We are very glad that the little time you spent in Buenos Aires we could be of so much help, you need to come back and stay a few more days.
We try to really make it about every guest personaly so if available we will happily give an early check in or late check out, we know how valuable that is after a long flight.
We hope to see you soon for a longer stay.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Club Francis is a fantastic hotel value in an excellent part of BA. Upon check in we realized I had made a mistake when booking the room over the internet. The very friendly front desk gal quickly called up to Christina the manager and she handled the problem like a true professional. Our rooms were dead quiet and spotlessly clean. Oh and by the way, we went out to some fantastic restaurants while staying in BA, but the best dinner by far came from the Hotel Club Francis dinning room. This hotel is a real winner

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Farandfine

Dear Farandfine, we were so glad to be able to help you out, after all holidays are taken to enjoy, luckily enough we could fastly resolve the issue and we are ver happy to know you had a good time! Thank you also for your compliments to our Restaurant.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

What a great find in Recoleta! It has a lot of old world charm with the furnishings and quite historic as well (the old French Gents club). Great location, great staff, great rooms and great value. We had a corner room, which was huge and very comfortable with the Egyptian cotton sheets, and double sinks, rainshower in the bathroom. Federico was our super friendly server at breakfast, and he brought you anything you wanted from a made to order menu. We got to like him so much that we would like to adopt him!

And Daniel the concierge was also super helpful. He's very knowledgeable about currency rates (always a challenge in Buenos Aires!), and the best restaurants, and entertainment. Can't say enough about what a great guy he is. (Note to management here... Daniel is worth his weight in gold). We've done a lot of travelling around the world, and he has been by far one of the best concierges we've ever met. A pleasure and a treasure.

Gracias to all for a great stay.

1  Thank vsurfing

Dear Vsurfing, thank you so much for your detailed and wonderful review! It´s always nice to know that we helped in making your visit memorable and more so enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This magnificent historical building has been impeccably restored and transformed into a first class modern hotel. Everyone on the staff (from doorman, to the front desk and dining room staff) deserve a five star rating. Our room was very spacious, comfortable, and beautifully appointed. The breakfasts were the best we had on our whole trip and the delicious dinner we had in their restaurant on our last night in BA exceeded our expectations. Cristina, the general manager, is special and made us feel like family. We absolutely would love to return for an even longer stay.

1  Thank Carol K
María C S, Director Comercial at Hotel Club Frances, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Carol, thank you so much for your beautiful review and for your interest in our property. It was always refreshing to sit and chat with you during your stay with us. We do hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

1/2 the cost of local rival hotels with beautiful lobby, bar, dining room and rooms. Workout room a little lacking but we were walking, riding or exploring every day anyway. Recoleta is the area to stay for foreign visitors. It is very safe. Not so much elsewhere. My dad had his watch ripped off his wrist in front of teatro colon 10 am on a Sunday morning. Do not go out with flashy jewelry or flash cash; you are asking for trouble. I loved buenos aires. Do the bike tour. I like the hop on hop off bus but my parents did not (they are 75 and it was about 85 F in January.

3  Thank johnbwoodmd

Dear John, thank you very much for your positive review! Unfortunately these kind of robberies happen all the time on the streets near 9 de Julio (the big avenue) but Recoleta is definitely a safe neighborhood.