“Delicious food and welcoming hosts”
Review of Adentro Dinner Club - CLOSED

Adentro Dinner Club
Price range: US$65 - US$65
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Palermo
Description: Adentro Dinner Club is a closed door restaurant run by an American and an Argentine out of our home. While Gabriel has an executive chef degree from Gato Dumas culinary school, his specialty is Argentine asado- the most representative and beloved tradition in the country. The setting is intimate (8 diners plus the 2 hosts share the dining room table) and you are meant to feel at home- diners can walk through the kitchen to have a drink on the patio or terrace and watch the master at work. Everything is home-made: from the country bread to the chimichurri sauce to the passion fruit liquor served with champagne. Food is served family style- take as much or as little as you like of the empanadas, salads, ribs, chorizo, steak, corn on the cob, portobellos, grilled prawns etc. We love having guests in our home and Gabriel lets anyone who likes help prepare some of the meal and freely shares his recipes. If you are looking for a truly authentic asado and the feeling of being included as an honored guest in someone's home, we look forward to sharing an evening with you in Adentro Dinner Club.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Delicious food. Overall, the entire dinner was great - from the appetizers to dessert. Certainly the best empanada I have ever had (and I have sampled many in BA). Nothing disappointed at all. Great way to enjoy the asado experience in someone's home here in BA. Hosts were very welcoming, gracious and personable. It was great to have the hosts sitting down, interacting with everyone and treating you like friends in their home, which is certainly different from many other closed door restaurants. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Sometimes a concept just works. Your Adentro dining experience might not be the fanciest, most pretentious meal you will ever have in your life but all the elements offered by this young, creative partnership come together to create an evening of food and fun you will never forget. It doesn't matter how old you are, if you like sampling regional cuisine, have a sense of fun and adventure and a genuine interest in people no matter their origin, this is an experience not to be missed. We have tried seven closed door restaurants while in Buenos Aires and more than a dozen elsewhere in the world and can say in complete honesty, Adentro is in a class of its own

Two years ago, we were among the first to try the delicious Asado menu offered by the lovely Kelly and Gabriel in their Palermo home, so I am really happy that they have had such great success. It is very well-deserved. On our return I wondered if they would be able to sustain the momentum and the magic. Happily I can report that they still approach their dinner parties with the same joy and enthusiasm as they did at the very start. While two years ago we loved Gabriel's delicious meat fest, and would have gladly signed up again, we were thrilled to learn they are now offering a seafood evening. OMG ...the chipirones! I won't spoil the culinary experience for you but I heartily recommend this new pescatorian menu to those seeking an alternative to big meat. And to locals and ex-pats looking for a change of pace. But whatever menu you choose, you will not regret it. Unless you are a humourless stone who doesn't like people, an evening spent at Kelly and Gabriel's table will be one of your best memories of Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is the perfect combination of delicious unpretentious food, eclectic setting and gracious hosts who make everything look effortless.

Everything is generously served family style and ingredients are top notch. I've tried many of the top parrillas and Gabriel's cooking rivals, perhaps exceeds, some of the best.

I hope to return to try their seafood night and spend another lovely evening with Kelly and Gabriel -- hands down the best supper club hosts.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Simple and relaxed meal between friends. This is the proposition and it is delivered with mastery.
You really fell among friends and Kelly and Gabriel make sure you have a great experience.
Good drinks, great food, good laughs and a nice and relaxing time.
Gabriel even gives away his recipes if you ask...

It is indeed their own home and we are their guests. You must make a reservation and the place has no signs or anything to indicate it.

We had amazing empanadas, a great salad with grilled shrimps (cooked to perfection) as entries.
Then the asado in the parrilla and an great steak with grilled vegetables. It is also a very good chance to try morcillas, chimchulim and others unusual things if you are not Argentinian or Uruguayan.

Desert was something to die for...

4  Thank amirhage
Reviewed 27 March 2014

After hearing about closed door restaurants in BA, I did some online research while planning our Argentina vacation and discovered Adentro Dinner Club. After seeing the many glowing reviews on Tripadvisor and checking out the website, I shared the information with my wife, and we both loved the concept (an intimate Argentinian asado dinner in the home of an Argentine-American couple, prepared by a trained and accomplished chef), and decided that we just had to try it. I immediately sent an email requesting a reservation for the only available dinner date that coincided with us staying in BA, and we were both grateful to receive a reply from Kelly confirming our reservation for March 19th, and providing us with the address in Palermo and the time to arrive.

Having purposely booked a hotel in the same neighborhood, we showed up at the appointed time, and were met at the door by Kelly and welcomed like old friends into she and Gabriel's lovely home. We were introduced to Gabriel, who was already hard at work preparing his massive outdoor grill for the wonderful asado feast that he was about to prepare. 4 other guests were already there, consisting of 2 couples from Mexico who were fairly close in age to us and were very friendly and welcoming. Kelly quickly made the introductions, handed us a tasty and refreshing glass of homemade passion fruit (maracuya) liqueur, and invited all of us to head upstairs and sit at a long table on their spacious outdoor terrace while we awaited the arrival of the other guests. The conversation began to flow, and we were very thankful that our new friends were able to converse in English a lot better than either of us ever could in Spanish. After a short time enjoying our drinks and getting to know each other a little, the remaining guests arrived- a younger couple from NYC (via Hong Kong), and a BA local who was both an amateur food critic and a professional interpreter (she was a perfect addition to a group like ours where everyone spoke fluent Spanish and/or English, but not everyone spoke both). We had refills on the drinks and Gabriel served the first of many delicious courses, consisting of a wonderful provoletta. Meanwhile, as she did throughout the night, Kelly kept the conversation flowing with her outgoing and engaging personality. After enjoying some amazing empanadas that Gabriel had made using an old family recipe, we headed downstairs from the terrace to the tastefully decorated dining room and the beautiful and large communal table that we would occupy for the rest of the evening.

Kelly served wine while the conversation continued to flow, and the group then enjoyed a salad course, complemented by marinated grilled shrimp from Gabriel's grill. The carnivourous feast continued as Gabriel presented some delectable pork sausage, blood sausage, and small intestines (which were absolutely AMAZING, so much so that when Gabriel saw how much I enjoyed the intestines, he gave me 2 extra portions and I greedily ate them with a smile on my face). The meats were accompanied by Andean potatoes cooked with rosemary and olive oil and a medley of fresh, grilled vegetables. I have to admit that I'm not typically the biggest fan of most vegetables, and the carnivorous aspect of Adentro is what appealed to me the most, but these veggies were honestly some of the best that I have ever eaten, and I jokingly told my wife that if we can just make them like this at home from now on, I will eat a lot more of them! As we continued to eat and converse, we, and most of the guests, ordered some bottles of wine, and the wine selections on offer were both excellent and reasonably priced. Prompted by Kelly, we all took a break from sitting at the table and headed outside to the patio with our glasses of wine, where we "helped" Gabriel put olive oil on the succulent cuts of beef and place them on the grill. This was a very nice way to get people up and moving a little, and to connect with our chef and see how he was preparing our food. Most of us took some pictures, chatted with Gabriel, and enjoyed a few small samples of rump steak and beef short ribs right off the grill. After heading back to the table, we were served the mouth-watering, tender steak and beef ribs accompanied by Gabriel's homemade chimichurri. The guests devoured the steak and ribs with gusto, despite already having consumed an impressive amount of Gabriel's culinary creations. Last was an amazing dessert dish consisting of poached pears in Torontes with Mascarpone whipped cream, and coffees and teas for those who wanted them. I can't remember the last time that I ate so much food in one sitting, but the courses were ideally spaced out just enough that you were always ready for the next one, and all of the food was so artfully prepared and so delicious, that you always had room for more. This was easily the best dinner that we ate in 12 days in Argentina, and that is no small feat because we went to some excellent restaurants during our trip.

Now that I have discussed the food in detail, the social aspect is also worth mentioning. Kelly and Gabriel are both wonderful, engaging people and are perfectly suited to host a dining experience like this. Obviously everyone's experience will differ depending on who the other guests are on any given night, although I imagine that most people who choose to attend dinner at Adentro will be open-minded and receptive to meeting and conversing with new people, or let's face it, they probably wouldn't choose to come. We were fortunate enough to have a great group of people and although there were differences in age and we hailed from Mexico, NYC-area, Hong Kong and Buenos Aires- everyone was able to interact comfortably and it honestly felt like dining with a group of friends. This is a testament both to Kelly's ability as a hostess and to the wonderful, eclectic, friendly, hilarious personalities that chose to dine at Adentro on the same night that we did. As the evening progressed (and yes, as more wine was consumed), the conversation became increasingly boisterous and amusing, with many hilarious stories shared, an impromptu dance routine, some accent imitations, some funny one-liners, and some great discussions ranging from food, work, weddings, music and travel, to bacon, Man vs. Food, MTV's Teen Mom and Spanish language talk shows. We had such a good time talking and laughing with our hosts and our fellow guests that the night simply flew by, and, although we had planned to make it a relatively early night due to a 6:00AM wake up call for an early flight the next morning, we ended up staying at Adentro until after 2:00AM. The lack of sleep was totally worth it, as this was a wonderful and unique experience with some great people, and it's something that we will vividly remember years from now, even as some of the other details of our Argentina vacation fade with the passage of time.

This might be the longest review that I have ever written, and if you're still reading at this point, I'm grateful. If you are in BA, I strongly recommend Adentro Dinner Club for a delicious, one-of-a-kind dining experience. The food, the atmosphere and the company were all absolutely first rate, and the experience offers excellent value for money. Be sure to book well in advance, as space for each dinner is limited (which, of course, is part of the charm) and the word on this gem seems to be getting out as Kelly mentioned that they have recently been booking up consistently for weeks and months in advance of the dinner dates. I'm confident that if you choose to dine at Adentro Dinner Club and go with an empty stomach and an open mind, you will have the same unforgettable social and gastronomic experience that we enjoyed.

Kelly, Gabriel and fellow guests- if you happen to read this, thanks again for an amazing night! All the best, G&M

10  Thank GallasGM