“Clean modern hotel - but noisy lifts”
Review of Kenton Palace

Kenton Palace
Ranked #93 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
London, United Kingdom
“Clean modern hotel - but noisy lifts”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My main criticism was the lifts. Each time the lift arrived at any floor there was a loud "bing" noise. Unfortunately I could hear the lifts arrival at any floor in the hotel, not just on my floor. And I could hear it clearly in my room, with the door shut, and while wearing ear plugs. The noise from the lifts really disturbed my sleep. My two colleagues who were also staying at the hotel were similarly pissed off with the noise. I raised the issue with the reception desk who told me that other customers had complained, but apparently the manager appeared not to believe there was a problem.

Other than that, all in all I felt Kenton Palace hotel was good. It was clean, spacious and modern. Everything in my room was in good working order. The staff were polite and helpful. It is an excellent location for either business or travel.

Breakfast was a little Spartan (and the coffee was very bitter!).

The gym facilities are very basic (atmospherically lit basement level minus 3!). The swimming pool is more of a plunge pool, two strokes and you would have swam a length.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank callumx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Althougt this hotel locates in San Telmo - the oldest barrio in Bs As - internally everything is pretty modern. The hotel is also very clean, rooms are spacious and staff is kind (specially Marcelo, afternoon-night front desk guy). I'd come back!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Datise
UK
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was a great base for exploring central Buenos Aires. The staff were welcoming and very helpful. The location was perfect for us too, meaning that we spent most of our three days in BA walking around to the things we wanted to see. Our room was simply elegant and more than adequate for our stay. As for the breakfast, we have no idea why other reviewers grumbled. The selection was good, the food was tasty and we had everything we needed.

Room Tip: If you can get one with a balcony (we did), you may be able to sit outside. You will certainly be ab...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alwrites
Brindisi, Italy
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Back from Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego, and before leaving Argentina, I stayed in Buenos Aires a couple of nights.
I wasn't sure where to stay in the city and I was hoping it was close to the main attractions in Buenos Aires and it was.It's walking distance from the old port and many other places, and very near good tango show places. The welcome upon my arrival was warm, I was a bit early but I was checked in anyway. I was assigned a large room on the 4th floor, with the window on "defensa". The lobby is not very large but spacious enough to host a few guests while they wait for their tour buses, like I did. There are two sofas and a few armchairs.
I went up in my room and I found it was very spacious, with a large section for the wardrobe and a large bathroom. Wooden floor all over, the room had new furniture, everything felt new in this hotel.
I went down to the restaurant for lunch and sat in the large dining hall. Very large, I guess it may be nicer in the evening. The food wasn't great, a steak that was a little disappointing, in fact I didn't finish it.
The staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful, it really made me feel at home. They helped me with all the excursions I asked and reccommending what to do.
I had a very positive experience, I would return to this hotel if I were to come back, as I hope I do one day.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Giovanni M
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Kenton Palace was a wonderful hotel to stay in on my recent trip through Buenos Aires. I have already booked a room there for my next trip. Martin, Gustavo, Marianella and Santiago are four of the staff who stand out for giving excellent service. Most speak very good English and were very helpful when I had questions. Playa de Mayo and Casa Rosado are a short walk away, as are some very good restaurants in the San Telmo area. The port is also a very short walk and well worth it. There is a small market 100 yards away for water, beer and snacks.
The hotel itself is very nice although the mystery pool and hot tub were not working when I was there. My suite had a balcony overlooking the church and views up to Playa de Mayo in the other direction. The claw foot bathtub was very nice, the shower was good but water ran everywhere from it and I had to ask for more towels. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The breakfast buffet covered the basics, though when I asked them for scrambled eggs that were not burned the restaurant manager was rude to me. (I did not deduct points for this, he may not have understood my spanglish). He brought me a plate of eggs, all of which were browned and some burned black, and said here are your eggs. Someone else helped me explain that I just wanted cooked eggs that weren’t burned or running off the plate. He had someone prepare them and someone else deliver them when they were ready.
The market on Defense every Sunday can be a pain to navigate around, though it was nice to have a place to buy souvenirs so close to the hotel.
I plan to return to the Kenton Palace whenever I can.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We arrived here on a Sunday morning at about 1000 from our 13 hour flight from Heathrow, so we were delighted that our room was ready. The standard of english of the desk staff was excellent.

The room was on the 10th floor (but confusingly numbered 11..) and it was huge.
The bed was comfortable, the air-conditioning worked, the hot water was hot...what more can you ask for in a hotel room.
As it was Sunday, there was an 'antique' street market all along Defensa, the road outside, so we didn't have far to walk for that attraction and some of the stuff for sale was OK.
The hotel is listed as having a pool - and it may have - but it is closed. I don't know for how long, but I suspect that it is no longer a facility - which is disappointing, but the hotel should maybe stop pretending and delete it.
Breakfast was actually better than other hotels that we stayed in at this same (tourist) class on our subsequent trip. There were scrambled eggs, fruit, toast, good coffee and even really good brownies: not something you don't always see at breakfast.
Overall pretty good; shame about the (lack of) pool.
The location of the hotel is good for some of the main attractions - and do take the Subte (Underground) to get to the others. With tickets at 3.5 pesos per journey (20p equivalent), it is lots cheaper than shoe leather!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I recently 3 and Buenos Aires in Aug 2013 and was pleasantly surprised by these accommodations! We were right in the middle of the weekend Fair (market)The staff was great! The location was better than most. We were told we could park our vehicle in a garage around the corner. The garage was very safe and not as expensive as most! Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Make sure you walk around the La feria Artesenia o la feria which happens every weekend in the month...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends