“A place to get your jew food fix”
Review of La Crespo

La Crespo
Ranked #252 of 5,046 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Its like a new york style jewish "fast food" restaurant. They have Kniches ands Boios and Hot pastrami sandwiches...But it is very local in its fashion and decoration. Quite interesting!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've waited wayyy to long...and turns out I am still waiting!! Place was ideal for anytime of day, buzzing and warm. The food smells wafting out of the kitchen were hard to resist, but I had just eaten and just got a coffee. Let me just say that while the coffee was fine that is NOT what you should be ordering. The pastrami sammie was piled pretty high and the vereneki (perogi) literally made me drool a little bit. My friend chose to munch on the spinach and ricotta strudel (so many savory strudels!) and it was flaky and flavorful. Basically I am still kicking myself for not allowing my eyes to be bigger than my stomach! Definitely the place to get your jew food fix!

1  Thank Lorel B
There are newer reviews for La Crespo

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Oh vey, this was a good place to go for lunch! In contrast to other reviewers, my family enjoyed staying at the restaurant to eat. It was pleasant and clean, and the high tables weren't a problem. Two of us had the bagel with lox and homemade cream cheese--no one kvetched about the lack of traditional cream cheese. My husband noshed on the matzo ball soup. We all enjoyed the complementary spiced seed combo that we got while reviewing the menu. Is this a New York deli? No, but I didn't want that while in Argentina, and it's good in its own right. We plan on getting off our tushes once again while we are in BA and schlepping to La Crespo.

Tip: They sell the delicious seed mixture to takeaway for 38 pesos for 100 grams. It's a great snack!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a tiny place with high chairs and communal tables. Not comfortable, the idea is you eat and go. But the food is great, all home-made by its owner Clarisa.
The hot pastrami sandwich is very good (but not up to the New York's Kat's standard), but the taste is great and it's big, the bread was great. The knishes are great, however a bit big so the stuffing overwhelms the pastry, which is delicious on its own.
The latkes reminded me of my own bobe's, so they were definitely good.
So, go for the food, there are not many places for eating this kind of food, apart from your jewish grandma home.

1  Thank Lovecraft
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After a week in Buenos Aires, we decided to try La Crespo , a small Jewish-style deli located in Villa Crespo, just at the northern fringe of Palermo Soho .It is a small attractively decorated take-out store with some wooden tables and high stools as well as a few outdoor tables. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hot pastrami sandwiches - lean meat served on delicious whole wheat kimmel break with pickle, hot mustard and caramelized onions. One sandwich was really enough for two to share. We also tried the potato knishes -filling was great though the dough was a bit dry. There were many other offerings listed on the blackboard and on display in the cooler -potato latkes, hummos, desserts. all looked delicious. Very welcoming service and a nice treat if you want a change from Argentinean traditional fare.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have been recommended to taste the pastrami sandwich as it was the most similar to the American Deli' s pastrami ..and wow we really loved it not only the pastrami but also the bread , onions , mustard and pickles , just perfect.
The hummus is also good , just the coffee they have to get an expresso machine cause the coffee spoils the great taste of the pastrami and all the rest ...

1  Thank Diane C