“Do you Tango?”

Ranked #29 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Beijing, China
“Do you Tango?”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you are enchanted and entertained with this "classical" dance as I am. You will want to stay at a classic hotel , when in Buenos Aires. I stayed there on the 28th of June for a few days, and will say, " I was quite pleased". The interior was that of a 5 star the services performed were overall 4.5 only due to the maid service not making sure the small things like coffee and slippers were available. This is the 1st time, I have stayed at the Intercontinental anywhere in the world that slippers were not there and the coffee was not kept up on the 1st room makeup (servicing). It could be said, THAT was more than compensated, by the "Club Lounge" service attendants, Constanczia and Marco who were very gracious and hospitable while there. They made sure the amenities were maintained once reported and were super apologetic for this oversight. They were very helpful in providing me with map and directions to certain places I wanted to go. The food was well prepared although most of my dining was in the Club Lounge instead of the sin restaurants in the lobby. The whole staff was very attentive and couldn't do enough to make you comfortable. I would strongly advise to watch the taxi service in Buenos Aries always pay in 20's or 10.'s .
Avoid using 50's and 100.'s. as they are known to use counterfeit currency of the larger bills and switching them on receipt and claiming you gave them counterfeit bills. That is the only drawback in the transportation system, there there are many different districts for entertainment. My suggestion would be, to take a 1/2 day tour of the city, to get a feel for where you might want to go. You can arrange it with the consigliere desk in the lobby. Cost about $35.00 US or 95 Pesos
There you can get abetted feel for the places you may want to go..

Room Tip: 10th floor corner, or above you will be pleased.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is very important for us to receive your feedback. Rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve
I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the service at the Club Lounge. I will extend your comments to Constanza and Marcos.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is quite literally my favorite hotel in Buenos Aires. For reasons that escape me now, I booked another hotel and ended up cutting that short to come back to the Intercontinental, where I feel welcome, comfortable, safe, and looked after.

The rooms are plush and comfortable. The breakfast is great. The service is fantastic.

While the location is quiet in the evenings, it's quite convenient when you do want to walk. It's two block to 9 de Julio on Moreno and two blocks to Ave Mayo on Piedras, which access to two different subte lines, depending on which direction you go.

Taxis are readily available and inexpensive.

I simply love staying here each time I visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the nice church courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
InterContinentalBsAs, Guest Relations Supervisor at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share with us your experiences as a guest of our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and comfort as well as the service and assistance provided by our staff. It is only through your valuable comments that we can remain informed of our guests’ feelings.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I have stayed at a few IH's before, but believe I enjoyed this one the most. It was clean, the staff was awesome, and the food at the restaraunt was outstanding. It truely deserves a 5 star rating.

So why give it a 4?

The hotel car charged me double the price of a local taxi after I was told the fare would be equal to what I would spend on a cab. Not a big deal, but with such great service in all other departments it was upsetting to feel like I was being taken advantage of.

I still would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was really disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with our car service and would like to apologize for any inconveniences. Please be informed that it is a private and exclusive service and that`s why the price is more expensive than a taxi. I really sorry if you got a wrong information from our staff. Also, rest assured that this inconvenient will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments and and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here in mid-June while on vacation. Very luxurious hotel, complete with a winery, three upscale restaurants and a great bar and lounge. Hotel has a great entertainment area with an indoor lap pool, ping pong table, and a gym.

The service in the restaurant / bar is great! The bellmen were also very knowledgeable and helpful. The bellmen are very good at guiding us where to go, and more importantly, where *not* to go... warning us about pick-pockets and other security risks as we ventured out to see the city.

As far as accommodations went - I was not upgraded despite being a Platinum member, but was informed that due to the rate I was paying, I was only eligible for an upgrade or access to the Concierge lounge for a fee. The room I did get was beautifully appointed and had a view of the city.

Internet was wireless free in the lobby, but we had to pay for it if we wanted to use it in our room.

Overall - we had a good time, but would most likely stay at the HI Express (sister hotel) if we came again to the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Guest Relations Supervisor at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us.
Please be informed that every Platinum member receive an upgrade to a superior room and our Club rooms on the Concierge Lounge are the next category for the superior room that´s why you were told to pay a fee.

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were fortunate to be upgraded to a large suite as a Platinum Ambassador member. The room was one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in. Large entrance hall, separate sitting area with good sized desk, very large bedroom and all beautifully furnished. Large bathroom and shower suite as well. Absolutely fabulous. We we also treated to a large bowl of fruit, water and chocolates. The staff were excellent as well. The check-in was friendly and very efficient fully explaining all the benefits that came with the room and our Platinum status. The staff in the entrance lobby spoke perfect English and were helpful with directions and other advice. Concierge very helpful as well. Good cold beer and bar food at the bar and at a reasonable price (for a 5 star hotel). The location is handy for the tourist sites and buses and the metro run nearby. Local area is a bit shabby though (but not dissimilar from most of Buenos Aires). Highly recommended hotel - one of the nicest we have stayed in so far!

Room Tip: Be lucky - get an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Thanks again for staying with us. As a Priority Club Rewards member, we truly appreciate it.
We hope to see you again soon!
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is geared towards the business man. The rooms are nice and understated. However the electrical and plumbing are out dated. The room had a desk with 2 plugs, hardly enough for today's tech savvy travelers. The Internet was off and on. And the lighting was dim at night. The bed was comfortable. But the shower did not drain well. I ordered room service and the man on the other end (Nick) was quite nice and very informative. Samuel delivered the meal that was hot on arrival. I had the cod and it was 5**** delicious! I had breakfast in the morning, the servers were not very attentive for a 5 star hotel and they seemed a bit bothered by request of the guest. The food was average for a buffet. I wondered around, the grounds are attractive and well maintained. The spa and pool were nice and updated. There was also a dry sauna and massage area. I passed by the club lounge but didn't enter, it was empty. Overall average hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I was really disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with some aspects on our quality of service and would like to apologize for any inconveniences.

Rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.

Cambridge
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Have stayed here twice one last month. Hotel rooms are a decent size. Try not to get one close to the lifts as it sounds like an aircraft taking off every time a lift goes past your floor. Breakfast is very reasonable and the terrace restaurant on the ground floor serves excellent food.

Internet is a rip off for this level of hotel at USd 20 per day and the loctation isn't great although its close enough to walk to the city centre and Puerto Madero ( but we were warned to only walk in the area during daylight hours).

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roger B
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. Please be informed that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.
Again, thank you very much for your feedback. I will be more than glad to assist you when your travel plans bring you back to Buenos Aires. Kindly contact me if I can be of any assistance.