“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #31 of 452 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Jerusalem, Israel
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel twice on my recent business trips and always liked it. One can notice immediately the level of the maintenance - even buttons of elevators were so shiny clean that I found myself rubbing my fingers before touching them, to keep them that clean.
The rooms are good, with ample working space. The wardrobe is surprisingly small and cramped, though. For a solo short trip it is not of an issue, but a pair on a longer stay will have challenge to store their belongings there.
The bed was acceptable good, with nine(!) pillows on it. Come on! I can understand two, three pillows, but nine! Just removing them every evening drove me nuts.
The bathroom too, was sparkling clean and of adequate size. Only the lack of hand-held shower can be mentioned as something to improve.
Breakfast is great and enjoyable - with my jet lag it was right at the time of my normal lunch and fit very well for the task.
The staff is very polite and helpful, real pleasure to deal with.
The location was not really attractive for my needs, but still, the main grocery stores and cafes are at no more than 15 minutes walk, so it is OK, after all.

Overall, it is exemplary maintained hotel, with very friendly staff, good breakfast and comfortable rooms. Will definitely come back there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank greycat001
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff.
Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at the Intercontinental hotel Buenos Aires. Hotel is centrally located, walking distance anywhere. Our room was ob the top floor, clean and spacious. Buffet breakfast was offering wide selection of
meals. Internet access free of charge available only in restaurant areas. Thank you for very nice stay

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Evifka77
InterContinentalBsAs, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My recent stay at the BA IC was overall very good. As an RA, I was treated very well. I was upgraded to a suite on one of the upper floors and given club access. Buffet breakfast was included in the rate. (Love their dulce de leche!) The staff at the club were very helpful in making restaurant reservations. The room was big and spacious and had all the amenities we needed including free wi-fi. The bed was comfortable and noise was never an issue being so high up. Given that most international flights arrive in the morning before check-in time and depart after check-out time, the benefits of early check-in and late check-out were appreciated here. The hotel is near the San Telmo market but quite a distance from our favorite area, Recoleta. However, taxis are plentiful and reasonable. Just stick with a radio taxi and you are good to go. I do plan to return to Buenos Aires soon and for amenities and service, I would definitely choose the IC. For location, I would choose someplace in or near Recoleta.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rxcapt
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement.
I will be more than glad to assist you when your travel plans bring you back to Buenos Aires. Kindly contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Novi Sad, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Great hotel with very good rate - even I didn't make booking in advance, only from airport when I came from Chile.
Great service, great food, great staff - I heard when i had dinner one CD with music I liked, and next day they made CD for me.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nemanja R
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Looking foward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed for four nights on a recent business trip. Some reviews mentioned location being a poor one but would not agree. Area around hotel is a little run down but its walking distance to Porto Madero, Avenida De Mayo, San Telmo and is very centrally located. Would much prefer this location to being in Porto Madero. Hotel staff have great attention to detail and this is really a quality hotel. One slight problem with a package delivered to the hotel for my attention but not received before I checked out. However, it was quickly resolved and the Front Desk arranged to send it on. In you are in Buenos Aires on business, would be hard to find a better hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. Also, I am glad to hear that we could resolve this slight problem after your departure.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

this is an Intercontinental, so i can assure you it completes certain chain standars. I stayed here for only 3 nights with my husband during a holiday.
The bedrooms are great, nice bed, a whole bunch of nice and comfy pillows, the bathroom has a jacuzzi inside and a separate shower.
The buffet breakfast was ok.
Didn´t like the neighborhood though, but it wasn´t a big problem either.
This is not a new hotel, but you have to understand that in Buenos Aires almost all hotels are really old, so this one was Brand new compared with the other ones i have stayed in.
Nice staff, people from the door always give you good advices on security issues (taxis and what areas to avoid) .
It is walking distance from the San Telmo Street fair that has antiques and other things.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks again for staying with us.We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I just recently got back from a fabulous trip to Argentina that began in Buenos Aires. Everything about this hotel is awesome, from the rooms, to the restaurants, to the gym and especially to the Club Lounge and the awesome Club Lounge Butler, Nestor Posadas. Nestor ensured that our experience was over the top with his charm, sense of humor and accomadating our group to make us feel extra special.

You can't go wrong in selecting this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words to Nestor. Thanks again for staying with us.