“Excellent First Visit to BsAs.....”

InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #31 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent First Visit to BsAs.....”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Had a excellent stay for my first visit to BsAs, stayed here for 3 nights before going to Igauzu Falls and then back for another 4 nights....Both stays were in rooms on the quiet Church side of the hotel 10th floor and 14th floor respectively.....Had breakfast one day in the hotel which was very good with staff very attentive. Wi-fi Worked throughout and was free as I am a gold member. Managed a early check in due to arriving at midday from the UK - reception staff explained everything i needed to know. Hotel location was good and within easy walking distance to Av.9th Julio and although the Subway/Metro is not as good as other European cities as in stations next to every place to visit it was cheap and efficient when I used it then a short walk to museums etc......closest subway a easy 5 min walk from hotel, starbucks next door which is great for a coffee. Plenty of food places to eat in BsAs with Fabulous Steaks, even went to TGI Fridays and Hard Rock Cafe - So felt very much safe in the area and walking around BsAs.
Fabulous Country and I will be back..........EVERY ONE should visit BsAs and stay here

Room Tip: Ask for a room on Church side and as high as possible
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank boeingAde
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
Thanks again for staying with us. As a IHG Rewards member, we truly appreciate it.
We hope to see you again soon!
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2013

It was good to be back in Buenos Aires after almost 2 years.

The area around the Intercontinental has been cleaned up and it looks like this very central area might be on the verge of redevelopment. I even noticed that the nearby 9 Julio has been gentrified with landscaping and bus lanes in the center.

Breakfast is still divine with exceptionally good smoked salmon. Sparkling wine is available on the buffet and what a great way to start the morning with a mimosa.

Rooms are still showing a bit of wear and tear but the elevators have been upgraded. The rooms overlooking the Church at the back are the quietest and the best.

The hotel does not change dollars so a great place to do so is Euro Camb at 250 Florida, they give a great exchange rate. With the Argentinian peso sliding this is a great time to go on a shopping spree in BA.

Had a good stay.

Room Tip: Room at the back of the hotel overlooking the Church. The higher floors are even better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Franklyn E
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments. Your feedback in very important to us as it helps to identify areas of improvement. It is also an excellent opportunity to know that you have enjoyed our service as well as the hotel facilities.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in the near future.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Having read the TA evaluation, we were sceptic while checking in that morning. But our experience at the Interconti turned to be the best in Argentina till now. The courtesy of the staff members with no exception made the stay compfortable. The Front Desk staff was forthcoming and gave us excellent tips for trips and restos. The breakfast service was friendly and professional. The housekeeping made a good job. The rooms need refreshment and maintenance. In general they are a bit updated. The San Telmo location allowed us to walk to a lot of sightseeing location and come back walking to avoid the Buenos traffic jams. The hotel has a tiny indoor pool, it was enough to recover after a long walk. The evening started with the Caipirinha at the hotel bar. "Chapeau" to the management: your team is really the Courtoisie of the hospitality industry.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soya B
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share with us your experiences as a guest of our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and comfort as well as the service and assistance provided by our staff. It is only through your valuable comments that we can remain informed of our guests’ feelings.
Also rest assured that your suggestion about the rooms maitendance will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Silvia Fernandez
Guest Relations Supervisor
NJ Shore
Reviewed 30 November 2013

First class facility. Comfortable and attractive lobby. Spacious room. Accommodating staff. We only stayed one night but still used many services including concierge, main desk, lobby bar and doorman staff. All were very professional and accommodating.

Room Tip: Nice view of church and gardens on the north side.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,
We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,
Brasileia, AC
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed in this hotel more times than I can count, and every single time my stay was perfect. A truly great hotel, with great service. THE ONLY REASON I DO NOT GIVE IT 5 STARS IS BECAUSE I RESERVE THAT RATING FOR EXTREMELY SPECIAL PLACES OF UNQUESTIONABLE 5-STAR RATING LEVEL. The IC Buenos Aires is a wonderful place for business or tourist travelers. I feel as if the price is extremely fair for the quality of service and general hotel amenities.

If I do not give it 5 stars then I must give a reason for the less than perfect score, and here are my reasons (nit-picky, but valid none the less):

1. Small, not so great gym (The Sheraton B.A. has a wonderful gym)
2. Sometimes the rooms, and or shower is less than spotless. I'm nowhere near a "germaphobe" but I can do without stains on the carpet and mildew / mold in the shower. I know that they have been changing all of the rooms to wood floors so the carpet thing will soon be a thing of the past.

All-in-all this is an excellent property and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Buenos Aires.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about your stay with us. It is trhough your valuable comments that we remain informed about our guest`s feelings.

I will extend your suggestions to the correspondant departments since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Can't figure why the wi-fi should be such an issue! It is not - in most places in the world...but for some reason, here...well...Also, a complimentary bottle of wine doesn't compensate for poor wi-fi!!!

Can be more considerate on early check-ins... since many flights into Buenos Aires are in the morning...

Ideal place for those who need to be in the area... Hotel location is good for quick walks to locations with great local food options, street side shopping...few more minutes and some high end shopping too. Very close to some local cultural event venues.

Good food overall.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I will extend your comments regarding internet access to the correspondant Department to review our hotel signal and make the neccesary adjustments immediately.

I will be more than glad to assist you when your travel plans bring you back to Buenos Aires. Kindly contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed for a conference and enjoyed the extremely comfortable bed (Trump Panama City is still The Best though). Got a very considerate early check in - one of my colleagues did not so I was the happy one :)
The reception staff/security and concierge managed to promote a good and friendly atmosphere in spite of the hotel being busy and full of guests.
Breakfast was good not excellent since the were no fibres in sight - lots of sweets and sugar coated cereals though.
The thing that did not live up to the rest of the expectations created by the conference staff, reception et al was house keeping.
I do not appreciate having bath gel, facial cloths, mats, etc replenished in a random manner. Sometimes you would get a mat some days not. Today might be a facial cloth day or maybe it is tomorrow ..? And no, you will only get one tiny bottle of bath gel and if you use it the first day (while showering!?) - then that will not be replaced by another ..
And if I decide I want to use both duvets (there were two beds in the room) housekeeping should stop insisting this is a bad idea and meticulously tuck it back onto the other bed. Particularly annoying this is when it happens every other day. Random is worse than consistency.

Of course these things one could complain about - but when already in the shower it is too late and the following morning it's all forgotten and hopes are up that it was just a mishap. It was not.

I still score high since everything else worked nice and the room was comfortable (nice hard floors) and the atmosphere good. Location is as mentioned previously also favourable - walking distance to many things and there is a metro station not far.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us as well as our facilities.

Regarding your comments about housekeeping service, please be informed that this unfortunate incidents are definitely not the norm at the InterContinental Buenos Aires. Also, rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.