“Perfect location!!”

Ranked #100 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed over a weekend- absolutely perfect location!
Rooms are nice but not extravagant. Beds are very comfortable! Shower water pressure is fine, but not great.
The "oval office" of the Executive Suite is comfortable and fantastic for relaxing and extra room, but it's a bit basic. Executive lounge is a nice plus.
We found staff to be quite nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
PlazaHotelBA, Gerente at Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. Your opinion is very important to us and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Plaza Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here recently on a business trip. I would echo the prior reviewers that the public areas are good, but the rooms are a real letdown in quality - old looking, sparsely furnished and decorated, ill lit, and just depressing to be in. The executive floor breakfast lounge was quite good, with great views of the city, and the hotels location was within walking distance of everything in the central business area. So, if you get a good rate, and are on business, it's fine, but if you are on vacation and want a nice room, this doesn't meet that need.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us to identify areas that need improvement. We are going to take into consideration your comments regarding the rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure where this hotel got its 5 stars from but they certainly need to review the service and the state of the hotel as it's terrible! We were charged a small fortune for a tiny room, no breakfast and no Wifi included. Wanted to go to the gym early on a Saturday (7am) but it was closed and they claimed not to have the key to open it. We were three guests wanting to go in early as we had various other plans for the morning but they didn't give a crap. Most 5 star hotels have 24 hour gyms or at least open at 6 or 7 and close late but not in this place. When we were about to leave, we asked them to organize a cab to the domestic airport. They told us it would take 10 minutes to come to the hotel and cost 134 pesos. We decided to walk out in front of the hotel and hail a cab from the cab station just next to it. It cost us 70 pesos to the airport. The people in this hotel are really taking the piss. I would never recommend anyone staying there. It was so cold in the bar that we had to sit with jackets and scarfs on because they couldn't adjust the air conditioning. The rooms were far from clean and the list could go on but I don't want to waste anymore of your time. Just don't go there.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank mad_karlsson
PlazaHotelBA, Gerente at Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us to identify areas that need improvement. We are going to take into consideration your comments regarding the Hotel and focus in our Spirit to Serve philosophy in order to improve our guests satisfaction.
I will really appreciate if you give us another opportunity in your next trip to Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location , for a tourist but if you are trying to get to the convention center at the Hilton everyday is exhausting , each day the cab drivers try and charge different amounts or take the scenic view , if you get a good one I would tip for the ones that tried to over charge i.e double the meter reading you would only pay the correct amount . Annoying when the hotel books the taxi for you . Some of the staff were great but some were just plain rude , there can be four doorman standing around chatting between themselves and no one helps ,not pleasant and laugh between themselves once the guest has passed . I saw this many times when waiting for taxis to work . They seem to think if people don't speak their language they are blind to their body language . If you have a complaint some of the staff seem to like to go into defensive mode instead of fixing the problem . I had air conditioning , electrical , bath room flood , & lightening problems . Consistency of not leaving shampoo , no teabags etc , it sounds trivial but when you are rushing for work and having to ring and wait all the time , again exhausting and trying to get boiling water to make tea forget it . It is the basic common sense things they seem to miss . Very old tried rooms and disgusting mattress don't look under the sheets . It is such a shame as it could be a beautiful place if they restored it to its old grandeur keeping the charm but making it clean and functional . Cement and dust is visible through the air vents and the executive lounge is dull , cold and charges for wine , a waste of the extra fee .
The price is expensive, therefore, you expect good English to be spoken and good service but this is not the case . Concierge were occasionally helpful but some sent you too the kick back restaurant not pleasant and would say they could not get a booking at where you wished to go again exhausting .The local people in small cafes and restaurants who's English language is minimal and put up with my poor very non existence Spanish were lovely . So it is a shame the oldest hotel in BA gives a bad impression of BA .........

I would not stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: Not sure there is one , don't get me wrong the height of the ceilings and the fact you can open...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PlazaHotelBA, Gerente at Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed as part of a large croup attending a convention nearby. Thought the location was great, near lots of shopping and in walking distance to some museums and interesting sightseeing spots. I found our room and bed to be very comfortable and clean, the air worked great. Staff was friendly and attentive - I called front desk asking for washcloths and I swear I hung up the phone and they were at the door! I personally loved the charm of the hotel and the restaurant was so pretty. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Plaza Hotel. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I NEVER write internet reviews but I was very happy with this hotel during my 8 night stay for a convention. I was skeptical based on other reviews, but it was overall an excellent experience. Yes, an updating of the rooms wouldn't hurt, and paying for wifi on top of the hotel prices I thought was a bit much. But the entire staff was exceptional-helpful and courteous. I was upgraded to the executive floor just because they had space available. Very convenient location to shopping and restaurants. I would stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Crystalqb76
Reviewed 7 November 2013

To be in this hotel was a dream for me and I did it.
The building has many years and you can see it everywhere. In some way, it is nice but in the other hand you can see that they need to invest a little bit more on the maintenance and some other things.
We had the opportunity to be in the Presidential room which is beautiful and comfortable, but there where some details that could be better.
First of all, When I went to the SPA they said if I could take my bathrobe because they didn´t receive it yet. After, I need to call to ask for my bathrobe on the room because it wasn´t there yet also. They took like 30 minutes to do it.
I wanted to have wifi in the room (paying for it) and the system they have wasn´t working, so I needed to call to a Call Center (????!!!!! 5 stars hotel!), which give the service from Brasil or sth, so I had to wait for more than 20 minutes to ask for the connection.
To be honest the arquitecture of the hotel is beautiful, the location where it is settled is fantastic and comfortable (if you need to do business), but it seems they are not investing so much, specially when you see the targeting of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple