“Very good”

Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #102 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Pro: Quit old but nice place to stay. Comfortable room and has a good localization. It's just few minutes walking from Porto Madero. The employs are very friendly.
Cons: Breakfast are expensive and can be better. The internet is also charged.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarceloTomoyose
PlazaHotelBA, Gerente at Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Plaza Hotel. Your opinion is very important to us and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires

Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here in January with two other couples, we used points, the others paid. I would have felt very aggrieved if I had had to pay as they did. One couple had to move as the bathroom had mould and smelt. They couldn't draw their curtains in the second room as they were stuck so a member of staff brought a small ladder and just yanked them shut, they left them shut for the rest of their stay. Ours were hanging off at one end in our room. The rooms are small, the bathrooms pokey. We had no light in the room as it looked straight into an office block. The shower in the bath was average. The reception staff were less than helpful and found it difficult to cope with the number of hotel guests. The worst Marriott i have ever stayed in and the worst hotel by far on our 3 1/2 weeks trip of Chile, Argentina and Iguazu Falls in Brazil. All of our party felt the same.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank fizzyDorking
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights after a South American cruise. The location is excellent, across the street from a park and within easy walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Our room was clean and spacious, and lived up to the expectations that you would have for any Marriott worldwide. The hotel doesn't seem to market itself as a Marriott, but I reserved the room through Marriott's website and paid with Marriott points. The only 2 concerns that I can point to are these: 1) There are no elevators on the main floor, so you have to go up or down one flight of stairs to reach the elevator. No big deal, unless you have lots of luggage; and 2) the check-in and check-out process seems to take longer than normal, resulting in lines during peak arrival and departure hours.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cliff S
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for two nights at Plaza and were not disappointed. While the building itself is very old (historic preserve) the pleasant service more than makes up for any infrastructure gaps - like the absence of direct access to floors with one sole elevator: you had to take a tiny one down and then change to a larger one to go up. A bit awkward with small child in stroller and pregnant mom...

We arrived before check in time and were instantly upgraded to a junior suite on our Rewards status. The downside was that the room couldn't have a baby crib set up due to fire exit configuration reasons, but the bed was large enough for the three of us to sleep comfortably. We had access to the Exec lounge for breakfast, coffee and tea during the day and some snacks in the evening. Nothing splendid like we had in other Marriotts - e.g. no teaspoons for your cup, only tablespoons or plastic sticks; the water fridges indicated "Only one bottle on the house", while in the room a half-litre bottle of Evian was labelled with a piece of paper 55 ARS (7 USD). Not quite elegant! We didn't try the restaurants or the bar but looked very good.

All in all a good stay, but with two kids to tag along next time I will make sure to check the hotel is accessible to prams.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed two nights before going on a cruise and we were not disappointed .It is well located for shopping and touring the city. Every member of staff we met were helpful and professional. Our room was a good size clean and a great bed .Ok it is a bit dated in places and a bit quirky but nothing would stop us going there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billyaylesbury
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights; most of the clientele were cruise passengers. The hotel was clearly built in an era of grand old hotels. For instance the bar is a beautiful Art Deco room but sadly not very busy. We received good service at the front desk, and in particular the concierge was very helpful. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. In a good location, although the streets nearby were somewhat littered and it is advisable not to be gaudy about your belongings while walking the streets.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank LadyMacaw
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed the the Plaza Hotel BA using Marriott points and thought it was a pretty nice place to stay. First off, the building itself is 103 years old. While some of the building is dated and could use some sprucing up, the atmosphere is pretty cool when you imagine who has stayed there and what the walls could say if they could talk.

As a Platinum Elite Lifetime, I was upgraded to the 8th floor (included bfast, snacks, water and wifi). I did get there about 6 hours PRIOR to check in time and they were able to accommodate me. I had a fairly small room, but I'm sure I would have had a bigger room if I had checked in at the proper time. Either way, the room was clean, the bed was great and I was close to my free bfast :-)

The staff was helpful and treated me very politely. I especially enjoyed the bar downstairs and was treated with great snack trays every time I ordered a drink. The food at the hotel was good too and I loved the Empanada's !

The location was good and was in walking distance to one of the better steak houses in BA. I would gladly stay there again, but I heard that after June they will no longer be a Marriott property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo