“Classic”

Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #100 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location in central BA. The staff were excellent and all spoke English well. Unfortunately at least one of the elevators did not work on more than one occasion during our stay which caused some inconvenience as we were staying on a higher floor. The breakfast was excellent. The bar was very good also and offered a wide selection.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank VeronaB

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is located in the very city center. The facilities are very good and well equipped. The staff is very friendly and were very helpful to arrange anything from taxis to recommending the shops etc. will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naeem S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My stay was for business and its location is perfect in downtown Buenos Aires.
The hotel is well maintain but could have some improvements. Front desk was excellent. The car service from the hotel tried to sell me a 5 time more expensive trip back to the Airport... not very profesional...
I sugest you pay in Cash in pesos athe end of your stay because if you pay with CC they will charge it at 8 pesos per dollar and you can get 11 per dollar out on the Florida street.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors
2  Thank RCC390
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. Let highlight what I liked: good location, just off Florida Ave (pedestrian street) and the bar - classic with good wine list. What I didn't like: hotel is worn out - needs a down to the studs renovation to bring up to standard, executive lounge breakfast was very disappointing - and the sign on the refrigerator to take no more than one bottle of water - really; rooms very tired with dangerous tub showers; and the gym has older cheap equipment - everything needs to be replaced. Service was fine, no complaints.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
1  Thank dt95
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have stayed here several times before this trip. I return because the location is ideal. i feel getting to almost anywhere is an easy walk or metro ride which is steps away. I understand it is being renovated, I agree it will only get better, but I so much enjoy the charm and elegance of years past. The dining are is so rich in design. and our Jr. suite was large and tastefully decorated. The service is always great. I enjoyed the gym and staff there as well. Steps to shopping, touring, and many dining options. after a long day, a very nice homebase!

Room Tip: upgrading to jr suite for us was well worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tikibartobe
Reviewed 19 May 2014

from reservations desk with Jimena who took my reservation and made our stay as usual, incredible , we had again the best suite since we visit this wonderful Hotel over 30 years ago!!
the best colum to choose is those they end in 94, like 694, 794 ....with the oval living room, the same we always had over the years with my parents....
the lounge under the supervisión of Sandra is always great!!! congratulations all !! I will miss some of my old friends they are not longer in the Hotel, and I have to congratulate the ones are still working doing an excellent job! good job Plaza Hotel BA....los felicito a todos !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex d
PlazaHotelBA, Gerente at Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

Your comments are a valuable tool for us in order to continue our search for excellence. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities and also the service provided by our staff. I will share your kind words regarding Jimena and Sandra with my colleagues.

Once again thank you very much for the positive comments and for choosing the Plaza Hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The bed was fabulous. The gym (fitness) was very good. The staff was exceptional. The rest? Well, for me, I'd prefer something else. If you want to shop on Florida, explore the city (Subway across the street), or enjoy a fun night life within blocks of your front door, I think you'll love this location. If it's quiet you want, try the hotels on Puerto Madero. The surrounding neighborhood here near Florida street is bustling.
As for the property: The exterior is beautiful, classic European. The portico and lobby is very classy, but.... The internet is spotty, my phone and tablet was constantly dropping it. The rooms are tired. (My bathroom light needed fixing. My TV remote had no batteries. My closet doors didn't stay shut. My windows were thin and let in all the street sounds.) The executive lounge had (by far) the worst breakfast, appetizer, and snack selection of any OUS Marriott I've stayed, and I've stayed at scores. I had good sleep here, but only because I can sleep through anything. In summary, great shopping and exploring location, great staff, but...old and tired inside.

Room Tip: Ask for a Park or Street-view room. Many of the other rooms have little to no privacy due to line-of...
1  Thank T204raveler