“Charming Hotel with a wonderful location for Walking Downtown”

Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #98 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
cumming, ga
“Charming Hotel with a wonderful location for Walking Downtown”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was a pleasant surprise with an online reservation...great service from an attentive and friendly staff...both vacationers and business folks will appreciate the unbelievable location, as it is close to so much!

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the park
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
10 Thank ccmarks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I spent one night here, and I would probably stay here again, but you need to set your expectations properly. First, it is exceptionally clean, and the service is A+ (some of the best I have had yet). They also allowed me to check in at 7:00 AM after the overnight flight from Miami and I am sure I could have checked out late if I wanted to.

There is only ONE thing I could hit the hotel for, and it is the neighborhood. In the evening I am not sure it is the safest part of town, but during the day it is perfectly safe and fine. I really can't ding the hotel for that. It's just my impression. My hosts while in country insisted that after dinner they walk with me back to the hotel, and they then walked to their cars together. They indicated that the evenings, you just don't know. So I take that as a sign that you need to be aware. It is in the business district, but the smells that are present let you know that it's not the best place to hang at night.

In terms of my status at Marriott, I don't care that they didn't recognize my status. They never did at any other foreign Marriott I have been to before either. The room was fine. It was clean, comfortable, modern and had a fully functional iron and a outlets that took 110 power cords.

I'll stay here again without question.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank davidmeyer
PlazaHotelBA, Gerente at Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Plaza Hotel. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. I will share your kind words with my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Perfect location across the street from the Plaza San Martin it is a great classic hotel built in the early 1900´s. It is NOT past it´s prime at all Wonderful room, they did upgrade me as I am a Platinum member with Marriott. The concierge level for breakfast was simple, had all you need fruit eggs, toast, etc The evening snack was very good salad something small and then potatoes or rice and meat last nite was rice with an excellent pot roast and then a very good chicken with excellent grilled veggies Would most definitely stay here again Until you are used to very high end hotels this is the perfect place to stay Great staff, very very accomodating. Not one issue occurred great bed and linen big big towels PERFECT I spend months at a time in hotel travelling for work so I am used to all types of places

Room Tip: Plaza view is the nicest
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Daliabc
Malawi
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this place by accident, but ended up staying for quite a while. Gives you everything you would need with a great breakfast! Worth a look for sure and good value for money. We were given a room with stunning views of the plaza, but, be aware, this comes with road noise below. If you know buenos aires...you will understand the hooting problem.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We really wanted to like this hotel... It appears to be a grand old hotel when you arrive. It has a good location in relation to proximity to things and cab traffic. But for safety it's probably best to have cabs drop you at the door as opposed to on the street. It's across the street from a park that has a kids playground too. The room had a decent amount of space. The beds were comfortable. Concierge was helpful with restaurant reservations. We commiserated with other guests as we waited for the elevator as usually only one elevator was running which resulted in long waits. Pool bar service was super slow too. No free wifi in the rooms. We didn't get anything for our Marriott status.

Major problem was that our air con didn't work. It was over 100 degrees fahrenheit and our air con didn't work. Really??? We paid over US$1,000 for 3 nights for a room with no air con. We had maintenance up to repair it few times and were told it would cool down. We awoke sweating. SWEATING!!! We asked to be moved... nope. We asked for fans and received one. We propped the door to the hall open because the hall was nice and cold. It didn't help. Finally on the last night we were moved at around midnight to the empty room next to us that HAD air con. They couldn't do that when we first reported the problem? Our folio says we had room 588 but I'm not sure if that was the good or bad room. The good room was a corner room and the bad one was next to it. We spoke to people in the elevator who were on the top floor and they said their hall was really hot but that their room was fine. Think we got a discount for a non-air conditioned room? Nope. Think we got a sorry from the management? Nope. Very poorly handled situation and our poor sleep and inability to relax in our room really ruined our last days in BsAs. We wouldn't stay there again. We wouldn't take the chance that our air con wouldn't work and it wouldn't be rectified.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with functioning air conditioning. We didn't get moved even though our air con d...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank nagiffag
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the Plaza for two separate one-night stays in early April, 2014. Had also stayed at the property 12 years earlier.

Hotel is in an excellent location. Plaza Florida is a few steps away from the hotel and other sites are easily withing walking distance.

Our rooms at the Plaza Hotel were both very large with lots of storage space. Beds were comfortable, linens soft, and the rooms very, very clean. Bathrooms were large and well appointed.

We found the staff at the Plaza Hotel efficient, friendly and helpful.

Our only complaint was the negotiated fees for taxi services. The bellmen highly recommended using the taxis arranged by the hotel, "for safety purposes and concerns." The rates charged are about double what a normal fare would be. I would not recommend using this service.

All in all, the Plaza Hotel was perfect for our needs: a comfortable room, a helpful staff, and a great location for one night in BA.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoldenBear_Husker
Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were in Buenos Aires for a week. The Hotel was comfortable and accommodating. Convenient location in the city and walking distance from anything we wanted. The hotel staff were a little "standoffish"...... could have been friendlier. The Hotel is very old - classic old - but clean and nice if you like classic instead of new, boring Hotels that all look alike.

Room Tip: No one told us how to turn on electricity in room. There is a little card holder on the wall when y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family