Hi from Lima, PERU :),
I have traveled a lot, almost all Europe and Many great cities in South America, so i was hoping to find the same i found in Europe in Buenos Aires, I can tell you this Ibis continues the traditon, what means, a well organized, simple but well done service, not a great breakfast but for the price very good, not all the persons under your disposition but if you ask they will help courteously, not great big rooms with flowers and frigider but well organized, nice view and modern clean baths.
Is a Ibis, a bussiness type hotel, part of the French Group Accord, (The owners of many great brands, like novotel and sofitel) whith the advantage of leaving anyone, family, backpacker or corporate with the security of finding a good service.
But which is the best advantage of this hotel, the relation price service and location.
You can pay the double or triple and the possibility of find yourself in a deception could be significant, until now for me that's had not been the case.
And there's more ...
Around Buenos Aires Center for the price payed (around 65 US$ per night, per double room or king size with the plus of the breakfast for 3 dollars, march 2007) this hotel simply can't be beaten, the cheapest Ibis i have ever been.
Take my advice, stop searching all around the on line agencies around there, for the date of this review IBIS is the best, and what is most, you won't find this hotel in the on line hotel service because they have they own online check in system.
Remember to ckeck in in advance at least 15 days before, because of the price and the service this hotel is always in the move, like full.
How to Arrive:
two ways : by taxi (70 reales or 35 follars, as march 2007 like 30 minutes)
by bus (1,35 reales or 0.7 dollars ;) the glorious 86 line, like 1:46 hours ).
I went by bus, i must said i was with a group not alone, is a south american bus so you can wait to find all type of persons, and to see some nice and some ugly things, but if you are like us, without any hurry, with the reservations, and in the adventure mood and wishing to know the city from all the sides then take the bus (and off course it will cost you 1/50 times less hehehe, )
and also ... The bus stops in the door of the hotel :)
From the Hotel:
Almost all the attractions are at walking distance 5 to 10 minutes, considering that the hotel is at one side of the congres (yeah baby, one tourist place already visited just arriving to the hotel), walk a little and you are in the pink house (casa rosada), the Plaza de Mayo, Puerto Madero, The Women Bridge, The Obeliso and The Opera between others.
- Don't change your money just arriving from the plane, in the airport just 10 steps from the first money change office is the National Bank office, you can save a lot if you change there your money.
- Take the 86 line if you are in a group and not in a hurry, and change your billets to coins, the bus accepts just coins :).
- Eat the local food, beef and also the great fish Merlusa, you will find great restaurants in the Corrientes Street and more expensive but not better (just the view may be) in Puerto Madero area.,
- The center is safe, with a extensive area for shopping in the Florida Street and Corrientes, but don't forget about other Big Malls like UNICENTER, 45 minutes by bus, the same price, take the glorious 60 line.
- Don't even think about beaches or lakes, this city is hot in the summer but you will find just swimming pools, hehe, (persons getting the tan in the parks, kinda bizarre for me as i come from a surffing country ;)
well i think that's all, take care, peace and ... happiness.
Sergio Claver from Lima, and the great country of PERU :)
PS: Take a look at my pictures, feedback as always is appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Buenos Aires hotel is very near the centre, 5 min from the OBELISCO tourist area and the 9 JULIO avenue. 25 min from Ezeiza international airport, it has 147 rooms available for booking, including 3 adapted for disabled guests, and 3 meeting rooms for organising seminars and conferences that can seat 60 persons. The hotel also has a restaurant, a bar open 24/24 serving light meals and snacks and private covered parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Ibis Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Buenos Aires Hotel Buenos Aires
- Accor Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Ibis