“Lovely hotel in a lovely neighborhood”

Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo
Ranked #23 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Beautifully situated down a quiet tree lined street in a lovely residential neighborhood, the Sofitel was a perfect place to stay on our three night visit to Buenos Aires...the rooms were large and comfortable and quiet! and the service was friendly and helpful! We were able to walk to a number of historical sites and plazas, and as added attraction was a number of nice restaurants located only two or three blocks away...It was a very pleasant vacation stop over...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank missy004
SofitelBuenosAires, General Manager at Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

the building and the rooms are big and beautiful but most of the staffmembers do not live up to what you expect when you walk into this 5star hotel for the first time.
most of them display an attitude that ranges between a distant arrogance and rudeness.( do NOT use the gym when Mrs.Rossi is working, she will make you feel really unwanted there).
do NOT ask the doorman to get you a cab, he will sent you to the next street corner to get one yourself.
For me people create a five star experience and there were just not enough of them working in this place.
The exceptions are WAEL in the restaurant and the JOHANNA`s at the reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lueder

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a review from a trip taken back in November 2013, I wanted to acknowledge the hotel directly in addition to my posted trip report. This hotel is in a great location, fine condition where rooms are just luxury at its best, wonderful breakfast with anything made to order, lovely bar area for nice afternoon or late evening break, but most of all, I want to highlight the incredible attention to service exemplified by each of the employees, whether in the front desk, concierge, or restaurants, they were each and every time so helpful, whether calling for me several stores and researching options, you name it, they will deliver on it! Upon checkout they learned my husband was not feeling as well so the front desk manager insisted on my husband resting in the room and extended our checkout time. I was so taken back by their service that I will absolutely seek another Sofitel when possible. We will be returning to Argentina in a few years and will for sure stay again at this fine hotel. Thank you all for all the staff for making this visit so memorable!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelBuenosAires, General Manager at Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the interest in the Sofitel Arroyo and for writing such a positive review following your stay. We are delighted that you had a great experience and that you enjoyed our property, and Buenos Aires.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo for another stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was first trip to Argentina and we had a 3 night stay.
Room was ready on arrival...11am but had been told it would not be ready until 3pm.
Room sufficient for what we needed it for, but no hot water for 24 hours but got some fancy cakes and water as an apology?!
Good area where we were able to get about easily. We only ate breakfast as this was part of our deal. It was good as breakfasts go.
My main problem that on departure we were picked up slightly earlier than anticipated and I paid the bill without actually checking it. Unfortuately we were stung a hefty amount for drinks that we did not have. We had coffee twice and a soft drink.
I realise that this was my responsibility for checking the bill and this is the price I paid ( excuse the pun) but its just to alert fellow guests to double check.....I have been scrupulous since!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Probably the best Sofitel I've stayed in yet. The hotel is in a posh neighbourhood of the city and easy to walk to the main shopping area / sights. The staff went above and beyond in all aspects of our stay. The hotel rooms were very nice, facilities also really good. The only small issue was the size of the gym - but other than that, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Arroyo for your stay in Buenos Aires and for taking the time to share your comments.

We value your opinion as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Sofitel Arroyo.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

A lovely hotel to stay at. The hotel is situated in a good district and it's easy to walk to many of the central sites. There are some restaurants nearby.
We were often addressed in French which was strange but actually quite pleasant after two weeks of Spanish .
The rooms are clean, comfortable and all the plumbing works like new. The breakfasts which we had included were good.
Our only suggestion would be that the bar could be more comfortable. The actual bar itself was always cluttered and it seemed designed to deter customers from sitting there. We like to sit at a bar but when we tried it we felt very uncomfortable and moved. That aside we had a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry that your experience at the bar did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your sharing your comments, and it is our hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is well situated and close to all attractions, in a nice quiet little tree lined street. The staff were very helpful and courteous and the bedrooms were comfortable and well appointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple