“Best luxury hotel in Buenos Aires”

Sofitel Buenos Aires Arroyo
Ranked #24 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
nyc
“Best luxury hotel in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I traveled to Argentina for business and I was very pleased to hear that we were going to be staying at Sofitel during our job seeing that it is well known as a a premier luxury hotel. During my stay, the staff members were extremely informative, friendly, and gracious hosts. The location was fabulous... close to all the action , but on a romantic, quiet side street. The rooms are very comfortable and the lobby atrium is beautiful. he service was impeccable... Jorge & Lucía, managers at Sofitel, were lovely in accommodating my departure change by extending my stay with no fuss or hassle. The Sofitel's superior service (concierge and bell staff) definitely helped the proceedings of the job run smoothly. I look forward to frequenting Sofitels again in the future... and hope to stay there again the next time I am in fabulous Buenos Aires!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank LoriC405

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Turkish first
always moving
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My friend and I chose to stay at the Sofitel over the Four Seasons and the other 5 star hotel. When we were in BA, we checked out the other hotels which affirmed our choice - the Sofitel.

The front desk staff, and restarant staff are multi lingual and anticipate all your needs. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. The bathrooms are clean, the water pressure strong and filled with wonderful amenities.

My friend and I stayed for a few nights in BA then went to Mendoza and returned to the hotel. When we returned to the Sofitel, they greeted us like old friends. Theye remembered how we drank our coffee and what we liked to eat. I would definitely stay at this hotel when I return to BA.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank luvtravelz
Paris
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I stayed at the Sofitel Buenos Aires for business for 4 nights last week and I must I was really happy to have chosen this property.
From arrival to departure, all went perfectly well: I was lucky to get an upgrade, my room was very well appointed and extremely quiet, the hotel is perfectly located, in a nice pleasant street. And most important: the staff has been very attentive, efficient and helpful from arrival to departure! Most employees speak very good English and many have an excellent level of French. I didn't get to try the restaurant which I have been told is delightful, however I very much enjoyed breakfast there and also experience tasty room service food. The General Manager seems very much involved, making sure all goes well and ensuring the guests are happy and comfortable. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2009

from the front desk to the It manager, from the housekeeping to the general manager only one word for the service: perfection. in addition to have a great location, some very nice rooms and suite (printer on each room, perfect for business traveler) the service was over the top. I was not able to get connected to internet because of the specificity of my computer, the IT person came to my room right away and didn't leave until my computer was working (was done in 5 minutes). the concierge was very helpful with the restaurant, tango show and shopping area.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Los Altos California
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Following our Seaborn Cruise in South America, my wife and I decided to conclude our visit at the Sofitel Buenos Aires. We found the staff totally commited to making sure our every need was met.

On our second day my wife became ill at one of Buenos Aires' premiere restaurants. We decided to return to the hotel. After arriving, we decided we needed a doctor. The hotel had a doctor on call and had developed a relationship with one of the best private hospitals in Buenos Aires.

The doctor decided we needed to go to the hospital. After CT Scans and other tests it was decided she needed emergency surgery which commenced at 9:00 P.M. The surgery lasted almost four hours and was one that required a followup operation when we returned home. During her seven days in Intensive Care, staff did everything possible to help me through the experience.

Following our trip home, the doctors found everything in place and ready for the second operation. It occured this week and was successful.

Without the medical planning which was in place at the Sofitel Buenos Aires, my wife would not be here. We are celebrating our 45th anniversary next month and are extemely greatful. We will return to the Sofitel Buenos Aires to personally express our appreciation. It was a life changing experience.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Fredericksburg, TX
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I travel to Argentina several times per year and always stay a few nights in Buenos Aires. I have stayed at all the top hotels multiple times. I LOVE the Sofitel for many reasons, not the least of which is the service. The staff always call me by name from the time I arrive until the time I leave. The hotel is always immaculate. Anything I ever need is provided within moments. The location is excellent, in a very secure central location in Retiro. Outside of the Four Seasons, I wpuld not recommend any other top-of-the-class hotel in BA. Superb!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Paducah, KY
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Spent one night at the Sofitel before beginning a South American cruise. I had done tons of research on where to stay and the Sofitel fit the bill for our family. Also, Tripadvisor does need to change the rating of this hotel because there are no bad reviews and when I started researching hotels in BA, it was the No. 1 hotel, then slipped to 21 and onto its current No. 95 position. This makes no sense whatsover.
Back to the Sofitel: Even before arriving, we made inquiries about transportation and tours. The concierge was quick to respond via email. We made arrangements to be picked up at the airport and even was able to fill out our check-in information on the way to the hotel in the car. We weren't sure if we could check in early but managed to do so with only a 15-minute wait. The room was very comfortable and they also sent up a rollaway for our son. It seemed like we were the only people at the hotel though we weren't. It was quiet and extremely clean. Lots of brides having their portraits taken before their weddings on the staircases. Service was impeccable. We walked around and felt safe. There is a Disco supermercado just down the block, which was convenient for picking up some wine (great selection BTW) and water. We also took radio taxis, which were extremely cheap. When I return to BA, I will stay at the Sofitel once again. This was our first experience with the hotel chain and I can say that I will seek them out for future stays. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family