“So many hotels in Buenos Aires - don't stay here!”

The Brick Hotel MGallery Collection by Sofitel
Ranked #38 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
london
“So many hotels in Buenos Aires - don't stay here!”
Reviewed 4 January 2008

We stayed at the Caeser Park for 5 nights. From the moment we arrived the problems started, shower didn't work, nor did the hair dryer the room was shabby the window wouldn't open and the chair in the room was broken. I tried to speak to the hotel manager who wouldn't return my call but sent someone up to deal with us. The staff generally were very appathetic with basic requests never being dealt with. Everything was chargable from internet access to using the gym. I was so upset at the end of our stay that I wrote a 2 page letter to the manager relating all the issues we had. To date I have had no response! Stay somewhere else!!!

• Liked — the position
  • Disliked — the staff and room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank Sharonfv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Racine, WI
Reviewed 2 January 2008

We stayed at the Caesar Park over Christmas, so I was somewhat surprised by the negative review from a guest who was there over the same period. We had two rooms and everything was impeccable. The rooms were extremely comfortable and well furnished (though somewhat small). The view was great. It WAS very busy, so the concierge may have not been up to their usual standards, however all our requests were resolved instantly. I will say that their service was not as good as at the Alvear, where my father in law stayed, however the price was half of the Alvear.
The neighborhood is excellent. Recommend cafe down the street on Posada......la rambla, I believe. Easy, beautiful walk to cemetery and multiple museums.
The only qualm I have with Caesar Park is that the price is so much higher than the price for almost anything else of comparable value in BA. Would strongly consider renting apt. if staying in BA for more than a week and your Spanish is good. Or, alternatively stay in Palermo or near Florida Street where prices are more reasonable!

• Liked — Quality, location
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank compound7
London
Reviewed 26 December 2007

Stayed at the Caesar Park over Christmas, from arrival to departure the service was appalling.
Had to wait for over an hour for the room to be ready (we arrived at 5pm)
Ordered room service (tea and snacks) it took an hour, was wrong when it arrived and after three atempts to correct it gave up!
Asked for an iron to be brought to the room, after waiting (and calling) it finally arrived only to find that when it was plugged in it fused all the lights in the room as it was faulty.
At the point of checking out my bill had another rooms charges on it, and I spent 30 minutes having to prove that they were nothing to do with me.

As a regular traveller to BA, I chose the CP for the location, The location is great but I won't be staying at the CP again... Next time I will stay at the Park Hyatt two minutes down the street for a real 5 star hotel.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank SIMON81
Vancouver
Reviewed 3 November 2007

We stayed at the Caesar Park Hotel for one night in late June, 2007. The pick up service at the airport was excellent. However, we were not satisfied with our treatment by the reception clerk who tried to game us into upgrading our room. I had reserved a standard room, non-smoking away from the elevator. At first we were shown a room on a smoking floor right next to the elevator and told we could have an upgrade for half as much again as a standard room. Only when we insisted on our original request, did the reception clerk with a great show of irritation give us a non-smoking room. My question is why weren’t we given this in the first place? This clerk, however, seemed to be an aberration as otherwise the service was quite adequate. We liked the location as it is close to many restaurants. We particularly liked the pasta at Restaurant Sorrento which is only a few blocks away.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank RhondaWhurl
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 October 2007

We had 7 wonderful nights at Ceasar Park Buenos Aires.

First of all, I think the location was quite good. The hotel is located in an upmarket neighbourhood, where it is surrounded by expensive looking apartments. It's about 10 minutes walk to Recoleta area and also about 10 minutes walk to the main shopping area of Ave. Florida. There's a nice mall right opposite the hotel, Patio Bullrich, where you can get good brands such as Lacoste, Christian Dior etc etc. as well as nice cafes to sit, eat and drink.

The room I stayed in was simple and functional, overlooking the river. I woke up real early one day to find a fantastic view of the sunrise from my room.

Breakfast was quite standard, again, simple but good enough. I especially love the caramel yogurt....do they call it Dulce de Leche?

All in all, a good experience in a fantastic city.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank daniu
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 23 October 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Buenos Aires Caesar Park and loved it! The rooms were very nice with nice traditional marble bathrooms. The rooms were also a nice size with lots of space. We had a very nice view of the city and you could see the water/ocean, we were traveling with others and they had a very nice garden view. The hotel has a great location in the posh neighborhood called Recoleta (it's like the "New York Upper East Side" of Buenos Aires). It's directly accross the street from an very nice multi-level mall called "Patio Bullrich". It was also within walking distance to many delicious restaurants, cafes, high end shopping, the park with a neat open air flea market, and an important "must see" in Buenos Aires: the beautiful cemetary where Eva Peron was buried (it really is a beautiful cemetary....and I don't like scary movies!). The service was excellent: check-in, bellmen, restaurant, cleaning service and concierge. The most important people that you would need to communicate with spoke english: front desk, restaurant and concierge. Excellent hotel overall.

• Liked — Great location!
  • Disliked — I can't say anything
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank lotsofbites
McLean, Va.
Reviewed 15 September 2007

This hotel experience was a joy. From the time we checked in until we left 7 days later the staff was truly outstanding. The conceriege desk was one of the best I have ever encountered. They not only knew our names after the first day but came up with great suggestions for activities such as the semi-private city tour and some of the best restaurants that we have every encountered in our travels. The room was spaceous and very clean, the dining room excellent and the wine selections in the bar outstanding. The hotel deserves it's high rating - this is the way all hotel experiences should be.

• Liked — location, lovely interiors, room size, friendly staff, everything a plus at this hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family