“Helpful and polite staff”

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #125 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 10 February 2012

As city centre hotels go, this is good. Clean rooms, satisfactory breakfast, great location. For its location it was quiet as well. Good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back, off the main avenue.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I'm an SPG member as are the two other people I'm travelling with on business in Buenos Aires. We just left the Barra Sheraton in Rio and there couldn't be a more stark contrast. In Rio the facility was beautiful and the service excellent with people bending over backward to help and even giving us gifts for being SPG members. At the Liberador I just witnessed the only two font desk clerks literally yelling at a customer about the fact that the elevator wouldn't work and that he could not have a morning swim, this is in front of an entire lobby of people. The older gentleman was definitely complaining but not unruly or disrespectful in any way and asked to see the manager. The front desk clerks again yelled at him saying "that's not the way it works here" and "the manager isn't here yet" (9am). The rooms smelled of mildew and mold one of our guys asked to be moved, they didn't do it. We are changing hotels today.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lovelacer74
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have now travelled to Buenos Aires on 4 occassions and have stayed somewhere different each time ( not always by choice!). This boutique Sheraton is one I keep recommending to friends and work collegues. It is a 2 minute walk from Florida Mall. Restaurants, Laundry, money change are all on your doorstep. It is very reasonably priced. Ask for a renovated room and you cannot go wrong! Being part of the worldwide Sheraton group of properties means that minimum standards are applied here and wifi in the reception area is ok. Business centre is basic but staff are so friendly and nothing is a problem any where in the hotel. Would stay here again if I did not want to spend the big $'s to stay in Recoletta.

Room Tip: insist on a renovated room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I was at a conference which took place at the Libertador so I got to see lots of sides of this property. Check in was good. Faultless really, although it didn't stand out at all (staff at this place all seem a bit depressed). Security is good, with a keycard being needed for access to all floors.

The rooms were new, modern and mine had been renovated recently. The rain shower was a nice touch. I liked the aesthetics in the rooms too - very contemporary.

Breakfast was included on my room rate and it was amazing. There was such a wide variety of choices - including the famous local dulce de leche which I had a little too much of. There were loads of Brazilian tourists staying there when I was there and they really seemed to love a good buffet.

The location was good for downtown but it's quite far from all the fun areas to go out in. Taxis weren't a problem for me at all but I was told loads of horror stories after I'd used a lot. Meh. It was fine. They say the neighborhood is a little unsafe at night but if you're with other people you should be fine. During the day is safe. There's a big mall nearby, on the main shopping street in the city - but I discovered Argentine fashion leaves a lot to be desired.

The rooftop pool is a nice touch. It is difficult to get the sun up there, unless you're in the pool or immediately on the side of it. The pool has a retractable roof which comes over when it's cold. Handy. The fitness room is basic but has enough to keep you occupied for a few days (they need to invest in heavier free weights).

If I went to BsAs on vacation I'd definitely stay somewhere else (closer to attractions and a little less corporate), but for work it was great. The conference facilities were impeccable too and the staff fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

After reading multiple reviews we were a little concerned about staying here but were quickly reassured that all was well. Hotel prearranged airport transfer at our request as we had a 1:am arrival and this was handled efficiently. Nice to have someone there to greet you after an 18 hr journey. Cost was reasonable and billed to the hotel so no cash needed on arrival. Front desk staff were without exception very pleasant and accomodating. Their restaurant reccomendations were excellent and probably provided some of our best experiences in the city. we were on the Club floor so had breakfast there each morning which was Ok. Afternoon and evening offerings at the Club lounge were definitely a disappointment but not a big part of our stay anyway. We had an electric plug short out on us and was quickly responded to when we called the front desk.
within walking distance to many of the tourist must sees. HOHO bus a few blocks away provided a good overview of the city. Hotel worked well for us on our 3 day stay prior to boarding our cruise to Antarctica.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The hotel was used for our last night in Argentina.

The staff was great. The suggested places to eat for dinner and both (we went to one for dinner and one for lunch the next day were great.

Our room was very nice but the view was of a building. I didnt mind this as we were not spending much time in the room so that was okay.

Buffet breakfast was on the third floor and it was really nice. The staff was also very friendly there too.

The only issue we had was the catch on the bathroom door wouldnt work however as soon as I told the front desk, they had someone there in less than 5 minutes to fix it and we had no more issues.

I did not use the pool or other facilities so I can not comment on these.

It was near Calle Florida for shopping and many restaurants, I never felt unsafe even as I went to the variety store for water around 9:00pm. Note most things close around them

The hotel was a nice hotel and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would select a room facing ave Cordoba if you would like a bit of a view. If you are there to sle...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank falcon10156
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for one night as we had a late flight into Buenos Aires and then an afternoon flight back to London and used this hotel for sleeping/shower purposes.
The hotel is in a good location, very central and in walking distance to everything.
On arrival the staff were friendly, especially as we arrived at about 1am. The room is spacious and clean with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was on the smaller side and the shower didn't give the best water pressure.
We were told at check in that breakfast was $A80 but when we went for breakfast in the morning we were charged $A93 each. The buffet was worth paying for though as it had a wide selection of cereals, breads, hot food, fruit and juices as well as tea and coffee.
The pool area was reasonable size with a jacuzzi that gave a view of the city.
Overall this is a good solid hotel, however we did think it was slightly overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple