“Service and Location=Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
San Luis Obispo, California
“Service and Location=Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

The service and location were perfect on my recent stay, on top of the usual Starwood standards of a modern and clean room. I thought I lost my wallet and the front desk staff bent of backwards to help me find it, which I did. The location was ideal as well, one block from Florida shopping street and close to multiple subway stations. Nice pool on the top floor too! Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GerOpp101
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.
Without any doubt your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide.
I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.

Hotel Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for four nights for work. The hotel is dated, but I thought the rooms were just fine. The staff was very friendly and almost everyone could speak English. The food in the lobby bar/restaurant was just OK, but the wine was good and it's very affordable for a hotel meal. The workout room is very nice with new equipment and the indoor pool area looked nice and was always busy, but I didn't go for a swim.
I thought the location was great; I could walk to work in Puerto Madero and enjoyed being next to the Gallerias mall, as well as Florida Street.
The traffic was always bad to get to Palermo, but it's still cheap. Just be sure to call down for the doorman to call a cab ahead of time because it can take 15 minutes or so.
Don't expect anything special at this hotel, but if you want Starwood points, and don't plan to spend much time there, then you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I asked for an upgrade and stayed on a high floor
Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel and trusting us with your accommodation during your trip to our wonderful city.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review giving us your feedback. Without any doubt your comments are our most valuable tool to improve our service and I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.

Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I had to stay here for 4 nights for business purposes. It is an OK hotel booking it in advance for a reasonable price. Location is good; right in the middle of BA. It is clean and the service is good too. Make sure you try out the sauna on the 22nd floor; it has a view over the city!

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room close to the noisy elevators
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.
I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.

Hotel Management.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

This hotel is just like every other Sheraton. The rooms are basic, the front hotel staff are very friendly, and the food is AMAZING. (Try the honey chicken for dinner - delish) Had a view of another building from my room, but the beds were very comfortable and the internet worked very fast! For business trips, this is a prime location.

I had left my keys there when I checked out, and they quickly located them and determined a way to ship them back to me in Canada. They were very attentive to this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Av. Corboda Street ... better views of the city.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

Durham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

On the map appears to be a good central location but except for one pedestrian shopping street and a boutique mall, the area was run down. I left my mobile phone in the room and realised quite quickly after checking out. Went back but the cleaners had 'lost' it. My fault but unpleasant taste left.
Expect to eat out and expect a walk to find a decent restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't face the docks.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel and trusting us with your accommodation during your trip to our wonderful city.

We are deeply concerned to learn that you lost your mobile phone. It is important to mention that our maids at the hotel are instructed to keep every item if a guest forget it in the room and keep it under a supervisor custody.
Regarding the hotel location, this is a downtown hotel is close to the financial and commercial districts as well as the main stores and theatres, such as Galerias Pacifico, one block and the famous Teatro Colon just 7 blocks away. We are also just 40 minutes from Ezeiza International Airport and Puerto Madero is just 10 blocks from the hotel where you have a large number of options to choose a restaurant.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Convenient location because the hotel is basically AT the Florida Street... just beware of the serious pickpocket issues on Florida Street (as well as San Telmo). Carry backpack in the front or like what I've learned, use twist-tie or lock to lock the bag zippers. ;-) We had pickpocket people working as a FAMILY following us all the way back to front door of the hotel. However, you really can't beat the convenient location. Yes I agree that the hotel needs refurbishing. Front desk staff is ok sometimes and not so ok other times.. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear whimsical_sd

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time In letting us know your comments about the city and the hotel service.

Constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

Kind regards,

Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was at this hotel for a short stay after arriving from the US and before beginning a cruise around the tip of South America. It is a very nice hotel on a major street and within walking distance of a few blocks from the huge Avenida 9 de Julio which is considered the world's widest avenue. It is also just a short distance from a large beautiful enclosed mall. I thought the staff was very friendly and the room great with a nice view of Buenos Aires. I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Happyvacationer49
Dear Happyvacationer,

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stayed at our hotel. We work hard to provide of uniques experiences to our guest during their visit.

Thanks for your opinion and I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.