“Good Location Good Property”

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #143 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Chandigarh, India
“Good Location Good Property”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Good Hotel and Wonderful location, though the nearest bus station is little far away, but the main shopping area, Florida street is just a walking distance, which is “The” place for shopping, walking and enjoying the place and street. With the line of shops, restaurants and souvenirs shops, it matches up with any high end fashion street of Europe. The Hotel is comfortable, the breakfast is average and the rooms are also average sized. Had one of the tailor made special Buffet lunch here, which was value for money with good spread. Internet was free for half n hour, per room at the lobby. Wish they could have offered free internet for a whole day or atleast for one hour. Nevertheless, some of the rooms on the back side offers wonderful view of the port area. Try and take a higher floor, which they may deny at the front desk as already booked, as it offers better view. The staff was nice and helpful, though most of the staff speaks Spanish, so at times use to have little difficulty in explaining the requirements but they were happy and eager to help and to be assistance. There are plenty of good eating joints near the hotels which severs specialized Argentinean cuisine and steaks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Guest

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel and trusting us with your accommodation during your trip to our wonderful city.
It’s wonderful to know that you enjoy your stay at our property.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for your feedback, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in May 2013. The location was excellent, close proximity to Galerias Pacifico and shopping on Calle Florida. Short cab ride to Puerto Madero (for you runners out there, awesome place to run!!). We felt safe staying here and walking around. Handy to have a pharmacy right across the street as well.
Hotel staff were great! Front desk staff were friendly and knowledgable. There was also the breakfast crew manager who greeted us with a big smile every morning! I called down for extra towels, more hangers, hot water, directions, etc and was never dissappointed.
Bed was comfy, TV had good channels, room was spacious. Loved, loved loooooved all the closet space!!! The gym was good, awesome city view! Used the treadmill 2x.
Did NOT however enjoy paying the equivalent of about US $13/day for wifi!!!
Will definitively return and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.
Without any doubt your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide.

I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.

The Management.
Israel
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel in June 2013. I have nothing distinct to say about what I saw as an above average stay compared to my previous experiences around the world, but I felt that I had to counter the bad reviews here with something.

I stayed for ten days on a floor midway up, and would definitely come again. It was on business, so I cannot comment on value per personal cost, but I found the staff very welcoming, understood and spoke English (in contrast to other hotels I've been to in South America), there seemed to be a concierge on hand whenever I was in the lobby at all hours, the room was clean, stylish and welcoming after a long day of work, large screen flat-TV with over 30 channels. There are three elevators, though one is sort of off to the side. Despite what the laundry instructions say, if you give the laundry in before 9, you will get it back at the end of the day.

The broadband internet was fine for my purposes but not exceptional enough if you expect HD streaming from overseas. The shower is good, and I was only disappointed with the double faucets rather than the single handle I would otherwise prefer. The ability to change the temperature of the water was also fine.

Location is quite nice. Adjacent to the Florida pedestrian mall and Pacifico Gallery mall as well as walk-able to the obelisk and the area where many of theatres and restaurants are located. Cordoba is a main street running west, so it was always possible to get a taxi immediately without having to order one though I found that the concierge will usually, if not always, order a taxi with GPS which might be convenient since only about half of the taxis in the city have one. The Abasto Mall is about a 15 minute drive away without traffic.

Room Tip: My room was half-way up the building and an odd number on the north side of the building which is th...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Location, gym and breakfast are the high points. Old rooms and need some maintenance is the low side. Overall I liked but would not pay the price if it was on my own expense (business trip)
Bed, TV and shower were good. Furniture and noisy A/C is what needs to improve

• Stayed June 2013
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Guest

Regarding your comments about the room we have finished a refurbishing project that included guest rooms, meeting rooms, La Pergola Restaurant, the Link@Sheraton and our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance.

London
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Libertador for 5 nights at the beginning of June. Having read reviews on here previously we opted for a Club level room with access to the executive lounge (it was only marginally more expensive). I am pleased that we did as most of the positives from this hotel stem from being in an upgraded room.

The positives:

1) The staff were helpful and welcoming. They were always smiling and the doorman never failed to open the door for you.

2) The rooms were large and the bed very comfy. I found the shower nice (apart from the water pressure being a bit weak).

3) The executive lounge was good, we had a nice simple continental breakfast each morning (don't expect too much, but it was satisfactory) and we had free wine and snacks during the evening which was excellent.

4) We got free wi-fi in our room which is a big plus (this was part of the executive package) - I agree with another reviewer that the process of logging into it is a bit confusing and leads you to believe you'll be charged when you won't.

The negatives:

1) The hotel could do with a general refurbishment, the lobby is old fashioned and worn.

2) Its not in the nicest of areas, whilst its great for getting to good places, the road its on was dirty (literally rubbish piled up on the pavements) and a bit seedy.

Overall though, this hotel suited our needs, was reasonably priced for Buenos Aires and was perfectly reasonable. It just doesn't blow you away.

Would recommend to someone who wants to explore all areas of the city.

Room Tip: Club level rooms are worth the money - the perks you get with them include free wifi, bigger rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review giving us your feedback. We have finished a refurbishing project that included guest rooms, meeting rooms, La Pergola Restaurant, the Link@Sheraton and our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance. Lobby and Maximilian restaurant will be our next refurbishment project.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

By default, when booking a Sheraton hotel, the expectations are increased.Not for Libertador though.
- A very old fashioned lobby
- While it is winter, they had an excellent idea of turning on the Air Condition in the room!
- The poorest breakfast ever in a Sheraton
- No Slippers, no bathroabs, no coffee maker! Ha! I asked for a coffee-maker and they brought just a kettle, without a cup and without a coffee sachet
- WiFi although at 10 Euros, is very bad and only the cable works
- I asked for someone to come an help me for a withdrawal in the bank next door (since everything is in Spanish) and they denied
- It takes 2-3 minutes to get a warm water
The only nice thing in the hotel is the old man who serves the breakfast, gentle and warm.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
2 Thank George P
Dear Guest,

We are deeply concerned to learn that we could not meet your expectations and we apologize for all the inconveniences you mentioned. We have finished a refurbishing project that included guest rooms, meeting rooms, La Pergola Restaurant, the Link@Sheraton and our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance. Lobby and Maximilian restaurant will be our next refurbishment project.
It is important to mention that Sheraton give hotels a list of standards that we have to follow and on those standards for classic rooms does not include sleepers, bathrobes or coffee machine.

Our buffet breakfast is well known for being very complete and delicious. We apologize if you did not like it.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review giving us your feedback. Without any doubt your comments are our most valuable tool to improve our service and I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 June 2013

All in all, I loved the place. This was my first stay as Starwood Gold (thanks American Express Platinum) and I must say, the SPG Gold benefits are pretty legit. One of those benefits, was getting bumped up to club level. The breakfast on the 21st floor was alright, not great, not bad, but all in all I was happy to have some bacon thrown in with runny eggs and an otherwise continental breakfast.

The room was nice. The shower was awesome, overhead rain style shower head, and good climate control which was nice after a cold day in BsAs.

The wifi was a bit confusing. As SPG Gold I was told it was free, but when I logged in, it showed only charge options. When I spoke with the front desk, he explained that I should go through the process of registering, click I understand the cost, and then on the next page it will show me that in fact there is no cost and from there I confirm!

The location was great, right off Florida, near shopping, eating, and easy walking distance on the Manuel Lion bus stop which is the easiest and most comfortable way I've ever gottent to either airport!

1 Thank Patrick F
Dear Guest,

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.