“Nice location, sad breakfast and service.”

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #141 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
“Nice location, sad breakfast and service.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

The Sheraton liberator is in a nice location in Buenos Aires. There are many places to visit near by. The rooms are just OK (club level) and the breakfast is just not in par with other Sheratons. The service is OK as well, the staff will not go above and beyond their duties like they woul in Sheratons in Peru, and Ecuador...

• Stayed September 2013
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guisum,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we deeply appreciate you taking the time to offer constructive comments regarding your stay with us.
We are really surprised about your comments regarding the breakfast experience. At our Club Lounge we offer our guests full buffet breakfast the same one, with an ample variety of options, served at La Pergola Restaurant on the 3rd floor. We apologize if you could not find on our offer what you needed.

Again, thank you for the comments, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The great thing about Tripadvisor are the warnings: you reviewers really do set our expectations.

Yes, the rooms are tired and dated. We were even on a Club Lounge floor and they were dated. The tub is so tiny that you can't even sit in it. The water temperature would fluctuate from freezing cold to scalding hot.

I can tell you what I did like: the staff here. Guido in the front desk and Tamara who works in the Guest Lounge are off the charts wonderful. I can name them, that is how good they are: Guido and Tamara. They go the extra mile to do everything that they can do to make your stay comfortable. Here in the United States, people like them would be working at top hotels.

Guido: he went out of his way to help us when our luggage didn't arrive. Really in control of the situation. People like him should be picked up from Starwood and put into management training. That man is going places.

Tamara: she works in the Club Lounge-she is a wonderful sweetheart-great manners and a warm personality. Again, she was helpful and very kind in giving us advice about how to make our time in Buenos Aires better. My husband and I felt very cared during our time here.

Look, the hotel facilities may not be first rate. However, the people who work here are gifted and talented. That makes up for any issues that I had about the tub size.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed a few days at this hotel and found it to be ideally located with the Galeria Pacifica mall right beside it. In fact, the hotel is right in the center of the city. Our room was quite spacious, clean and fresh with a big washroom. It definitely was one of the better hotel rooms we stayed in during this South American tour. It is close to many of the tourist attractions, shops, restaurants and a basilica. For those on the go, this was the best bet.

Room Tip: It appears that there are older rooms in the hotel. It may help to ask for the newer ones.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
The Management S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Serendipity8,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stayed at our hotel and it’s a pleasure to know we feet your expectations and needs.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff.

Again, thank you for your feedback, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I usually really like the Sheraton but not this one. I was there on business. Small dumpy rooms and they will probably stick you in a smoking room. I don't smoke for a reason, I don't like how it smells or breathing it in all day and night so why the hell would they put me in a smoking room. They finally moved me after I couldn't breath any more. They couldn't just avoid they issue and give me a non-smoking room upon request at check in. It's close to a mall an shopping but there are many better hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sublime99
Dear sublime99,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel and trusting us with your accommodation during your trip to our wonderful city.

We are deeply concerned to learn the inconvenience you went through with your room preferences. Unfortunately if your reservation was made under a smoking room and at the moment of check in we don’t have the option to change it, we have to give you the room you booked and if a nonsmoking room gets free we move you. We try to feet all our guests needs but sometimes we are captive of the availability at that moment. We recomend our guests to check this important preferences at the moment they request the reservation.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review giving us your feedback. Without any doubt your comments are our most valuable tool to improve our service and I truly hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again in our Hotel.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a really nice hotel. It's big so do not expect that familiar service as boutique hotels, but it was a great staying and I don't have anything against the service.
The room is BIG and the bathroom simply great. Beautiful, spacious and with an amazing bath tube.
The breakfast was amazing and a sir called Henrique always brought my hot and delicious chocolate. Expect fruits, breads, yogurts, everything from a Sheraton hotel.
So whats wrong with it? THE LOCATION. It's far from Palermo and Recoleta which are the best places to spend your time in Bs As (so you must choose to stay in one of those places). Its close to Florida Street which I hate (crowded, not cozy at all, very popular).
I would recommend this is it was in another location but unfortunately I cant do it and I would advice you to choose a place in Palermo Soho or Recoleta instead.

Room Tip: With bathtube - they were amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear GuiMilani,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property.

We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stayed at our hotel. Your comments about Enrique’s service are very kind and we are proud to count with him as a part of our team.
It’s a shame you did not enjoy the area, but most of the 5 stars hotels are located here around.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Although well located, sheraton Libertador is an example of a hotel that although good at the ore (good location, breakfast, etc) is very rough around the ages. I stayed three weeks in July for business and felt that :
- great location- close to shopping centres, restaurants, and in a very touristic and safe area
- rooms overall are not too bad - large closet space, beds are comfty
- no ironing board in the room (unbelievable!). You need to call reception and wait for them to bring an iron which you need to return in half an hour.
-no complimentary water, coffee or tea in the rooms.
- my room had a problem with the a/c and heating, in which i would set the desire room temperature and the temperature will remain completely different. I had to call reception on three occasions to get this fixed
- i had to run water in the bathroom about 10 mins to get some hot water in the mornings. Would end up showering in cold water some times in order to avoid the guilt of wasting so much water. You can tell the hotel is quite an old building and renovations have done little to fix these sort of problems
- breakfast is very good and the staff in the restaurant friendly
- club lounge is comfortable and the food is quite good
- gym is ok, though in various occasions they had run out of towels or water
- small pool which i did not use looked ok for a refreshing swim
- people in the reception are friendly, but at times you have to wait very long times for them to be able to speak to you (understaffed?)

Room Tip: Stay far from the elevators as these rooms are too noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear dianatennis,

We are deeply concerned to learn the inconvenience you went through you shower and the room temperature. We had report this to Manteinance to avoid any future problem to other guests.
We are very happy to know that you enjoy your stay and you found the hotel confortable, with great restaurants and a staff friendly and helpfull.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had the pleasure to visit this hotel 7 years ago when travelling around South America on holiday. My last 5 days on vacation were in BA and I had booked the Libertador using SPG points and had an amazing experience. Got a room upgrade to a suite and really enjoyed the location. I had the opportunity to return to BA for business in August 2013 and chose this hotel based on my previous experience (upgraded to the business level for lounge access). The location is still ideal, steps away from the main shopping/dining areas, but also close to my office. However, I'm sad to report, there were a number of things I found lacking which need to be addressed. The staff are still very friendly, and made amazing recommendations for local restaurants. But the rooms seemed a bit sad/dated, and the shower is an absolute joke. First, it takes a while to "dial the shower in" so you're not either freezing or under scalding water. Second, while I enjoy a rain shower, this shower head was so far to one side of the tub, I literally was standing on the incline of the tub to get to the water. Rain showers should not be in tubs, only shower stalls. And why not also have a toggle switch to toggle between the rain shower, and a hand held shower? Come on Sheraton, that's pretty much standard. When it came to checkout, I had upgraded my business colleague to business level (my upgrade was complimentary as I have SPG status), but my colleagues bill was a joke. Instead of just charging him the room charge for the upgraded room, they charged him for the normally daily rate for a standard room for 3 nights, and then had a single line item in the bill called "upgrade". How the heck is my employee supposed to expense a large hotel line item called "upgrade"? I expected his bill to show an executive room rate + tax for three nights, not a standard room rate + tax + a single "upgrade" charge. Sheraton, realize that many of your visitors are business travelers and have to deal with the pains of expensing our travel charges. Sadly, I might look for other places in the same area instead of picking the Sheraton again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business