“Good hotel, not so good business center” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Libertador Hotel

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #142 of 450 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good hotel, not so good business center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed for a mixture of business and leisure. The location is hard to beat in my opinion. It is a block from Florida street and relatively central to all other desirable locations. It is on a busy street so there was some noise disruption but not too much. Again, it's in the middle of everything so street noise is to expected.

We were offered a welcome drink as a concession for them being under renovations. While this was nice, the options were beer or juice. I just found it interesting that house wine or Malbec wasn't offered.

The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of keeping our room tidy for our 6 nights there. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. We were traveling with friends who wanted wash clothes and we found it pretty funny that they were given robes instead of the wash clothes they asked for.

The only reason I did not give a 5 star rating is that I found the business center to be lacking. The internet was hard to use and printing was a bit of a hassle. I had to email my documents and they would print them. It ended up not printing one document and I had to email it to one of the front desk agent's personal email address. Scanning is difficult too. I had to sign, scan and email so documents back and they could only scan 1 page at a time (I had 23 pages). It would be a good idea to upgrade the front desk's printing, copying and scanning system so they can better assist the guests. Most everyone I came in contact with was very nice and willing to assist.

All in all, I would stay here again (hopefully after the renovations because the lobby was pretty much non-existent) but I would not plan on doing any work here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank wanderlustjourney
Belen L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear wanderlustjourney,
Thank you very much for having chosen Sheraton Libertador Hotel for your recent visit to Buenos Aires. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our quality service. We will share your experience with our associates and with our committee and we will work on those aspects you mentioned.
Thank you very much for your feedback. Please, note that your comments are important to us and I hope there will be an opportunity for the Sheraton Libertador Hotel to have the pleasure of your stay with us! Warm regards, The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Sheraton Libertador is half a block from the bustling Florida pedestrian-only avenue. It's very convenient to hail a cab, find a late night snack at one of the multitude of convenience stores, or go shopping at the Galleria.

In reading reviews, folks are dinging the hotel for renovating the lobby. That doesn't make sense; shouldn't we be happy that they're updating the lobby to match the rest of their hotel, which is clean and modern? The rooms are typical of North American Sheratons, which makes it a perfectly fine business hotel.

The elite lounge has very polite, helpful staff, and they keep food there almost all day long, which is pretty generous.

The only areas in which I'd ask the hotel to improve are the fitness center/pool area, which is a bit outdated (and it smells quite musty), and the internet access, which is very slow and inconsistent.

Room Tip: Get on floors 16-20; you'll be happy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Josh P
Belen L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Josh P,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the hotel. We really appreciate your comments, they help us to improve our quality service.
We hope to welcoming you again in the near future. Warm regards, The Management.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my first trip this far south in South America. I loved this hotel, it's location, staff, rooms.It took some getting used to having to keep your key in the slot for the power to remain on in the room. The street construction was not great but our room did not fact that srteet so it was only annoying when you went out. I liked being on the main srteet. You could walk to and from many stores.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Francine J,
thank you very much for having chosen Sheraton Libertador Hotel for your recent visit to our country, as well taking time to express your experience about your stay in our hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and we will share it with all our team.
We hope to welcoming you again in the near future! warm regards, The Management.
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was surprised to read the negative reviews of this property as I had quite the opposite experience. My excellent experience with this hotel started before I even arrived. I was e-mailed by somebody in the "VIP and Club Services" team asking if there was anything that I needed before my stay, and confirming my room preference and check-in time.

I arrived at the hotel early (around 10am), and was checked in without question. MAJOR PROPS HERE as I was able to take a nap before exploring the city in the afternoon. Check-in was friendly, and I was informed that I had been upgraded to a Club Floor room with Club Lounge access (for the record, I am a SPG Gold member).

The room itself was on the small side. It featured an okay bed, but not one that I would normally equate with the "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper" bed. The duvet was not the standard white fluffy duvet but was beige and of questionable cleanliness. The views from my room were spectacular, and the black-out shades did a good job of keeping the room dark. One thing of note -- the outlets are not those used in the US, so you will need an adapter. The carpet was the worst part of the room; it was old, dirty, and there was a very noticeable stain by the bed. The closets were new and spacious. The hotel featured fast and reliable internet throughout my stay (contrary to others' experiences).

The bathroom featured a nice shower with the awesome rainfall shower head. There were numerous amenities offered in the bathroom, including a vanity kit, lotion, and a shaving kit with razor. There was also a bidet in addition to the toilet in the bathroom.

The pool looked large, though I didn't get the chance to use it. I did use the gym (located on the top floor of the hotel with nice views whilst working out). The gym is standard for a hotel with a few weights, machines, and treadmills.

While I was never up early enough to use the club lounge in the morning, I did make use of it in the evening. I was offered a beverage of choice, and appetizers from the buffet, which were pretty good. I've seen better club lounges for sure, but this was okay and staff friendly.

The location can't be beat. It is near Florida street and thus lots of shops and restaurants and is central to lots of the sights in Buenos Aires.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would return when in the area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Fzedlach
Belen L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Fzedlach,
Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel in your recent visit to Buenos Aires,as well let us know your comments regarding your stay
We really appreciate your feedback. Please, note that your comments are important to us and I hope there will be an opportunity for the Sheraton Libertador Hotel to have the pleasure of your stay with us. Warm regards, The management.
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel promised free internet access with my reservation, but the internet was not working when I checked in and not for the rest of the evening. The hotel staff was apologetic but could not fix it. As I depend on internet access, I would not stay at this hotel again. Also, the front desk staff was slow and indifferent in the morning check-out time (7:30 am), and moreover were dressed in tired, worn-out brown uniforms that really give a poor visual impression.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear
thank you very much for having choosen Sheraton Libertador Hotel in your recent visit to Buenos Aires. We are very concerned about the inconvenience we have caused you. we have taken the actions to remedy these situations in the future. Once again we apologize for being unable to satisfy your expectations and we would like to invite you to visit us again and give us a second chance to welcome you in our hotel. Warm regards, The Management.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

One new more staying at Sheraton Hotel, this time in Buenos Aires. As usual the room is very big, clean and quiet. One point that I cannot understand is why the Internet connection is so bad on Sheraton hotel. They are going under some reforms on the build, so if you are planning some relax time during day you can find some troubles, as I was at working I used to leave the hotel at morning and come back at night, so no problem with it. If you stay at this hotel, go to the 22th floor where you can have a very nice view of the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear aethiopicus,
thank you very much for having chosen Sheraton Libertador Hotel for your recent visit to Buenos Aires, as well taking time to let us know your comments.
Thank you very much for your feedback is very important for us, improving and providing a quality service to our guests. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again in your next visit. Warm regards, The Management
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

For the price charged by the hotel for the stay, the service and overall ambience leaves a lot to be desired.
Outdated rooms, extremely bad internet service, inefficient service at the front desk, lower standards in terms of breakfast and overall meals served.
To be meet the global standards of a Starwood hotel chain this hotel needs to ramp it's progress on the above mentioned areas along with improving the overall customer experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kuality
Belen L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Libertador Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Kuality,
We would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Libertador Hotel. I was sorry to learn of the circumstances you experienced and I understand this was a disappointing one. I would like to apologize for any distress or inconvenience this may have caused you as a result. your comments were forwarded to the departments involved in order to work on your comments and check all the conditions details you mention
Thank you very much for your feedback. Please, note that your comments are important to us and I hope there will be an opportunity for the Sheraton Libertador Hotel to have the pleasure of your stay with us. Warm regards, The Management.