“Fair Treatment”

Alvear Palace Hotel
Ranked #9 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had high expectations, I found it very average, but is a problem in all Porteño Hotels. People at the door not friendly, I had to look for taxis myself. Everytime we drove through the port cochere no one was there to open the door. The Concierge very professional. front desk just doing their job, nothing extra, no anticipation of needs, careless.
Rooms too traditional, I wont say is horrible, I would say is not my style.
At breakfast waiter brought me the check to sign, 10 minute after I started to eat, in the middle, I found lack of training in this area. the fine dining restaurant was really good, service is not up to par to the place and food they serve. I don't think I will come back, maybe I will try Alvear Art.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Huarpe77
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and sharing your concerns.

I apologize for not providing an excellent experience during your stay-I would be delighted if you contacted me at nsalvagno@alvear.com.ar so we may discuss your stay and enable us to do better in the future.

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope you will return-if I can assist personally.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Alvear Palace Hotel

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Every time I enter the doors I hear tje McCluskey orchesta crooning "Dancing in the Alvear". The rooms are too small and the gym and pool are lacking but that's not the point. Kings and Queens stayed here for generations. The history paints the walls.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Alvear Palace Hotel.

Guest feedback both positive and negative is extremely important and on this occasion provides management with an opportunity to address areas of concern and make improvements.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Alvear Palace Hotel in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Just came back from staying at the hotel for 3 nights. The staff was amazing, very helpful answering all our questions. Great location, some really great restaurants all around the hotel.
They are building a pool on the roof - don't know when it will be ready.
When I go back to Buenos Aires, I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this website, following your recent visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Alvear Palace Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Most of the other reviews say it all .........
This hotel is excellent. Everything about it was perfect or near-perfect.
The rooms, staff, service, restaurants and bar are all among the best.
This hotel rates right up there with the finest in any big city.
My only regret was a lack of an outdoor swimming pool when it was 40 degrees outside and after a day of touring; but no hotel of this quality in BA has this.
If you want something more modern, there is a nice hotel down the street - but if you want an old world classic with all the modern amenities, this is it.

Room Tip: Splurge for a larger room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are delighted to hear of your experience.

We have also noted your comment about our indoor swimming pool. We are glad to inform you that we started a project which involves building a new swimming pool with an outdoor area.

We look forward to welcoming you home to the Alvear Palace Hotel in the near future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

BA is said to be the Paris of South America, and this hotel is its Ritz. Old world beauty and elegance is combined with top service and electronic convenience. It is located in the Recoleta, the chic district of the city, with the equivalent of New York's Madison Avenue around the corner. There are innumerable doormen and security people in the lobby and in front of the hotel, which has its own drivein entrance off the street. The place is entirely appointed in Louis XVI furnishings and décor, the dining room is like Versailles, and the breakfasts take an hour to luxuriate in if you have the time to eat wonderful things.

The rooms are large with high ceilings, comfortable sofas and chairs, and Wifi, to which you can connect as many devices as you like without extra charges. There is butler service to help you unpack and pack, to attend to, well, all butlery duties. Some of us know what that means...only kidding, but it's like having your own personal concierge and housekeeper. Room service is 24/7 and you must eat the steaks morning noon and night. Even the vegetarians do that while wearing masks at the table.

This is truly a five star experience and a must stay place in BA. We saw some other supposed five star places while there, but the lobbies at least don't hold a candle to the Alvear. If you want to feel like a king or like Marie Antoinette, this is the place.

Room Tip: If you can spring for a suite of any kind, you'll really feel royal.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skitraveler

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are delighted you discovered the Alvear Palace Hotel. We are also very lucky to enjoy such a prime location in the Recoleta neighborhood.

We have shared your positive comments with our team. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed at the Alvear Palace only once and I can tell you, that's not enough. The Alvear defines old world charm with modern conveniences and finely honed service. Rooms are spacious, the bath is a delight for women (no amenity forgotten, a vanity that accommodates every "paint pot"), 2 doz. roses on arrival and unique specimens at that, valet beautifully trained to provide unobtrusive attentiveness. Location is superb in the best part of the city. Their restaurant is more than a restaurant with all parts of their service offering at their peak. Well worth the price; it will make your stay in South America all you hoped. And more.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DiscerningWoman

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team works very hard to ensure that we do not only meet but exceed guests expectations, and I am delighted that they were able to do just that for you on this occasion. It will be my pleasure to share your positive remarks.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Alvear Palace Hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel is wonderful by world standards !

I simply love it , it has old world charm good taste but in every way retains the perfect balance between old and new .

The rooms service and management are up to modern day quality but have an aura of a bygone age .

simply perfect and the best five star hotel in BA .

The breakfast is the best I have had anywhere in the world .

Room Tip: All rooms are good with floor butler service , wherever you are located you will enjoy
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JonathonSwitzerland

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. The exceptionally Buffet Breakfast as well as the service we offer are aspects we are indeed very proud of.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,