“Vacations must be a pleasure!”

Alvear Palace Hotel
Ranked #9 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Vacations must be a pleasure!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I knew in advance that the hotel was good and I confirmed the impression. Good location, kind and efficient staff, excellent breakfast. A real pleasure come back at the end of the day and relax with a good bath before decide in which of the many nearby restaurants end the day, if you were not in the mood to go further in the night program.

1 Thank luciana s
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and generous 5 star rating. It sounds like you took full advantage of the hotel and the surroundings.

I hope during your next visit you stay with us again!

Best regards,

Assistant to the General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I think I would travel to Buenos Aires just to stay at this hotel. Rooms and service are all 5 stars. Very friendly staff from top to bottom. Great bar. Great brunch! I really can not say enough about the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our traditional brunch.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

First class property. Everything you could expect together with top service.
We had breakfast daily and were waited on very well. Our Group tour took us out for dinner but on the two nights we did dine in, we ate in the Bar Lounge. Tables were set with linen cloths and the service was as you would expect in a good class restaurant. The Atlantic salmon was so good that we had it both nights.
All staff were most courteous. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We did not get a room with a view, but as the property is in down-town Buenos Aries, there was not m...
2 Thank Mikebcq
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this amazing review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our Lobby Bar service.

I hope to welcome you back for another great experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If only there were more than 5 stars I would give them. There are lots of nice hotels but one of the things that you can't always get is the feeling that you are appreciated as a guest and genuinely cared for by the staff.
We felt that we were being welcomed into the home of family and friends from the moment we stepped into the Alvear Palace. It is:

Elegant and beautiful, but not stuffy.
Comfortable rooms and wonderful beds-housekeeping staff is the best I've ever seen. Your room actually feels clean. Plus, the lighting is even good.
Wonderful public spaces-spending time relaxing at the bar, at breakfast and even in the lobby are enjoyable.
The hotel has incredible energy-it just feels right.
And again, it's clean-really clean.
I've been lucky to stay in some beautiful hotels during my life, but this just may be my favorite.
Cudos to the owners and managers for running such a spectacular place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your delightful comments & we are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at The Alvear Palace Hotel!

I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of our confortable rooms, cleaness and our wonderful public spaces like the Lobby Bar and L´Orangerie.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best regards,

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Alvear Palace Hotel and could not have been more impressed.

The service staff are all exceedingly helpful and pleasant. They are also very calm and gracious.

The facility is truly a palace and every room (common areas and sleeping quarters) is impeccably cared for. The bathrooms are a little small however they don't feel cramped.

The beds are extremely comfortable and the linens and towels are all very plush.

The location is also in the best section of BA so most everything you need to get to is within walking distance.

Do not miss the breakfast buffet. It is like nothing you've ever seen. All sorts of different foods and baked goods.

Our room was paid for by my company so I cannot speak to the value, however this is one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Daniel A
NSalvagno, Assistant to the General Manager at Alvear Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind comments that you have written about our Hotel.

I loved your description of the Hotel with regards to the decoration and facilities . This accompanied with our staff and their service offers a wonderful overall experience.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I took my wife to this wonderful hotel to celebrate her birthday. I had heard it was very good but it is fantastic! We were given a suite on the 7th floor. The room is large and tastefully decorated. Very quiet. The bed king size, wonderful sheets and pillows. Impeccably clean. Large and comfortable bathroom and an ample closet. 3 TV sets all very high quality. But what makes the hotel so good is the professionalism of all the staff, from Reception to Concierge, to waiters and cleaners. Clearly the Management have invested in excellent training and should be congratulated. The food served in the restaurant is top class. I definetly rercommend this vey high class hotel and hope to be able to return to it in the near future.

Dear Guest,

It is a delight to read your wonderful feedback!

At the Alvear, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests & building great memories.

We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience during your stay. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team that is dedicated to delivering enchanting encounters.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Best Regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have been in this hotel on last february. Reception made by gentle and corteous staff, who took us to the room floor., where there was another receptionist. Taken to our suíte - nice - well decorated, very clean and confortable. Just after they sent us a personnal house-keeper who helped to unpack our luggage and hanged, or folded, in a nice order all our clothes. On a desk we were happy to find fruits and a bottle of Champagne. During our stay all kind of services were provided by efficiente people. In the morning, a complete "buffet" is served, and the chief cook mantains a constant and critic eye on the weel prepared food. The "Consierge" is professional, and really knows what to reccomend in terms of attractions that, by the way, are many. The "tango" shows are great and we appreciated to see them. Advice: Make VIP reservation - the price difference is not significant and you will have a private car and driver to take you from the hotel to the Theater (or longe) and back.
The Hotel Gal. Manager - Mrs. Olga, is fantastic in terms of making you feel "at home" (or better).
Well, for sure, I'll be back to this hotel...as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Well, I reccomend to make your reservation using a card of "Leaders Club" -(if you have it...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Towers. I am glad to hear that you had an amazing stay and look forward to welcome you and your family for another fantastic experience.

Kind regards,