“Bad experience! Average hotel! Horrible service!”

Unique Art Elegance
Ranked #239 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel because the Unique chain did unilaterally modify the terms of my reservation. I had a pre-paid booking at the Unique property on Talcahuano st. but I was informed at the moment of check in of that. The hotel staff reacted unatentively.
The travel agent reimbursed me most of what I had paid but the hotel experience was awful.
I had chosen the hotel strictly on a location basis. I had a tight schedule and I needed a hotel in Retiro area. I spent a lot of time commuting to buenos aires downtown.
I felt like a total idiot in the hands of a dishonest hotel chain!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank sebsk4

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Unfortunately this is one of those hotels with an amazing website but the actual product is not at all the same. The rooms are furnished in cheap silver spray painted furniture. The towels are very worn out, in fact you can almost see through the hand towel. My bathroom floor tiles were chipped and cracked and even the handbasin was damaged. The walls are wafer thin and you end up listening at the tv of the next door neighbor. They don't have a gym, but they offer a free gym card to one of the local gyms. I called a week in advance to make sure they have vouchers for me. They couldnt give me a voucher on day 1 because the vouchers expired. On day 2 I was given a voucher for a gym 10 miles away (why bother?). The staff is not very friendly. Breakfast is shockingly basic, with orange juice diluted with too much water.
To be honest, I would never return here, even if they offer it for free because the place is just depressing. Sorry to say, I don't like to point out only negative aspects, but honestly, I didnt find one positive thing to comment on.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Good: Nice Location, Pleasant Staff, Pretty Big and Comfortable room.
Bad: There was no available room in the hotel I made the online reservation (Unique Madero) and I was sent to Unique. I got really upset because I wanted to stay in Puerto Madero!
Expensive Wifi (US$ 14,00 for 12 hours).
Breakfast was a joke. There were sweet bread, 1 kind of cake, Coffee, Tea and Milk and that’s all.
Cleanliness could be better.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2010

When we arrived at this hotel they told us they had taken too many reservations and sent us to another of their hotels located in "microcentro", which is not the best part of the city to go out at night. I assume overbooking is a way for them to fill all their hotels.

Anyway we were promised a better room (suite) in the other place, but asked the concierge to call them just to make sure, which he did. He confirmed to us they had a suite waiting for us.
Once at the other hotel the concierge told us that his colleague had lied to our face, as he told him during this phone call that they only had basic rooms.

So they wanted us to stay at a worse hotel, in a worse room for the same price, after having lied to us. At this point we decided to walk away and found a really nice place instead, the AWWA Suites and Spa.

I can understand technical problems and maybe even overbooking, but this was just too much. You'll find better places in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Papitosworld
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Clean, good breakfast, very good location.
If you plan stay outside all day long, it is perfect.
The concierge was very kind and provided us full support.
Importante : Avoid the apartments at the groud floor ( 111 and 112).

Mr Mariano is the key person! !!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Location was not bad - busy, but not too busy, felt safe, easy to get to many sights. Room was quiet. Breakfast was simple but good, but the same every day. Wireless internet was available only in the lobby. Ice was not easily available. Service was helpful. Elevator was occasionally out of service. It was comfortable, though not 'lovely' stay. Hotel promises a "Tango Show" included. On arrival, this turns out to be a discount on a very expensive show. We skipped it and found cheap tango lessons at milongas. Keep looking if you can, but it is a decent option in a pinch.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We had reservations at the "Park Chateau Unique" and when we got there (after 15 hours in transit), they told us they were booked and sent us to "Park Elegance Unique" (they paid for the short taxi ride). This was very annoying, but I expected this may happen after reading previous reviews. The staff at Park Elegance was very polite and accommodating. They told us that we were "upgraded" to a junior suite, which means there's a little leather couch in the room, but the room was still on the small side. Housekeeping was hit-or-miss (they would forget to bring towels & never rinsed the glasses we used to pour drinks). Also on the downside, their business center was closed for the entire week, so we had to go to the internet cafe a couple of blocks away to check e-mail (not too bad, really). Despite all this, the staff was really fantastic and very concerned with our safety (this goes a long way in forgiving the hotel's shortcomings). Last but not least, we had a large, firm and comfortable bed (this was important because our trip was for 7 nights). The location was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple