“Decent, but not perfect”

Unique Art Elegance
Ranked #251 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Orillia, Canada
“Decent, but not perfect”
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Location was not bad - busy, but not too busy, felt safe, easy to get to many sights. Room was quiet. Breakfast was simple but good, but the same every day. Wireless internet was available only in the lobby. Ice was not easily available. Service was helpful. Elevator was occasionally out of service. It was comfortable, though not 'lovely' stay. Hotel promises a "Tango Show" included. On arrival, this turns out to be a discount on a very expensive show. We skipped it and found cheap tango lessons at milongas. Keep looking if you can, but it is a decent option in a pinch.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York
Reviewed 18 January 2010

We had reservations at the "Park Chateau Unique" and when we got there (after 15 hours in transit), they told us they were booked and sent us to "Park Elegance Unique" (they paid for the short taxi ride). This was very annoying, but I expected this may happen after reading previous reviews. The staff at Park Elegance was very polite and accommodating. They told us that we were "upgraded" to a junior suite, which means there's a little leather couch in the room, but the room was still on the small side. Housekeeping was hit-or-miss (they would forget to bring towels & never rinsed the glasses we used to pour drinks). Also on the downside, their business center was closed for the entire week, so we had to go to the internet cafe a couple of blocks away to check e-mail (not too bad, really). Despite all this, the staff was really fantastic and very concerned with our safety (this goes a long way in forgiving the hotel's shortcomings). Last but not least, we had a large, firm and comfortable bed (this was important because our trip was for 7 nights). The location was excellent.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 17 December 2009

I think the hotel deserves its four stars. Park Elegance Unique is part of the Unique Hotels chain that consists of four hotels in Buenos Aires and one in El Calafate in Patagonia. We were originally booked into Park Plaza Unique, however upon check-in the staff told us the hotel was overbooked and they transferred us to the Park Elegance, also in Recoleta, by taxi at no cost to us. The transfer took only a few minutes.

Park Elegance hotel is located in a nice neighbourhood of Recoleta, a few blocks from green and red subway lines. The lobby is a bit small, however nicely decorated. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Everything in the hotel was clean. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful, spoke very good English and were able to answer all our questions instantly. WiFi worked well in the lobby, but the connection in our room on the third floor was unstable.

One thing I did not like in the hotel was the apparent absence of a luggage room. We checked out at 11 am and had to leave our bags in the lobby near the front desk. During the day, we had an uneasy feeling that our bags would not be there when we come back to pick them up. However, thank god the bags were there when we arrived at 7 pm to pick them up.

We booked one night at this hotel on Expedia special. It cost us only about US$65. For that price, it was a fabulous deal.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Rosario
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The Park Elegance Unique Hotel is supposed to be a trendy and cosy hotel in a nice area of Buenos Aires, but we felt the managers rely on that aura maybe too largely. The hotel personnel are not particularly polite (we stayed there for 3 nights but none of them was able to remember our room number, not even once. Every time you ask them a question the first word they utter is “No”). The rooms could be cleaner (particularly the bathtub, underneath the bed, the room corners) and better kept (a missing nut from the toilette paper holder can easily become a daily nightmare). I believe what I am trying to say is the Park Elegance definitely does not at all follow the standards of the four stars hotel they claim to be. As soon as we enter the room the - the stuffy smell of the room - the “see through” set of towels (towels so worn out you can see through them) - the torn shower curtain - the mismatched pillows and pillow cases - a human hair between the sheets of the recently made bed all mixed with lovely flower vases and silvery furniture were clear indicators of what we could expect from this hotel. So, unless you are brave enough I would strongly recommend to restrain yourself from booking a room at the Park “Elegance”.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mariucha69

Travellers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Santiago,Chile
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I should have followed the other reviews..
I arrived at 12 PM on friday, really tired because of the flight and found out that the hotel was fully booked!! They said they had a problem with the reservations department and that they fixed my problem giving me a room in another hotel that was like 10 blocks away!!
i choosed that hotel because i was travelling with a group of friends that were staying near that hotel! i had to sleep on a couch that night!!
The funny thing is that another friend had the same problem the same night!!! and the guy on the reception told me this happens all the time!!!
I booked through HOTELS.COM and my friend through expedia.
Amazing.. pls stay OUT of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Teclaro
London, UK
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We booked this hotel on venere.com, turned up at night after our 16 hour flight and were told rather unapologetically that the hotel was fully booked! We were then taxi'd to a 'sister' hotel some distance away and so never managed to stay here.

This was the first time I have ever been bounced by a hotel, and I really don't recommend it! Steer clear of this hotel if you want to avoid the experience.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TameAnimal
Oaxaca
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I wish I had listened to more of the reviewers. I booked this hotel because we were traveling overnight to Mendoza the following day and I thought I'd splurge. The hotel tries to be elegant but the staff is nothing but rude and arrogant. By the way, we are from Mexico and speak Spanish fluently but that makes no difference. We booked on Expedia for around $80 plus fees. After we sat down for breakfast the next morning, we were presented a bill for $20. Expedia said it was included. That raised the hotel bill 25% and it clearly was not worth it. Yes, the bed was comfortable and the bath was nicely remodeled but there was no insulation in the remodeling. We could hear the tv from the adjoining room clearly. In fact, I asked my travel partner what he was watching on tv. He replied "Nothing. It is off." This went on until around 9:30 pm when I decided I had had enough. Fortunately they turned off the tv. Please listen to me and avoid this hotel at all costs. By the way, there is no way to contact Expedia regarding issues such as this.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends