Its October 19th, 2013 -- My wife and I are staying at this hotel right now, two-thirds into a 5-day stay and we are disappointed.
Our room, a "Mansion-View Room", is well laid out, but with some puzzling aspects (like a single sink in the bathroom). Most annoying are the two flat screen TV's situated back-to-back on coffee tables that separate the living room and bedroom space. These TV's are controlled by two remotes that do not know which TV they are supposed to control, so changing channels sends the room into TV chaos if both TV's are on. In addition, these TV's have some kind of motion activated on/off sensor, so they turn on in the middle of the night when you move around in the room. We asked the hotel staff to address this issue and they ended up giving us another remote that is supposed to control the TV's on/off -- which didn't seem to work, so we just unplugged the TV's.
So far, no big deal but there are other issues. Our room is on the third floor and it was recently remodeled. The new carpet looks great, but it is off-gassing like you wouldn't believe. The toxic smell is very noticeable and the hotel (after we mentioned it to them) sent up an air cleaning detail while we were out, with some kind of ion cleaner. This helped a bit, but not enough to make the fumes disappear. If we hadn't unpacked and settled in, we would have moved to a room on a higher floor (which were remodeled earlier). The hotel did offer to move us, to their credit.
We came to regret the decision not to move tonight, because there is a wedding going on right now (Saturday night) and our room is overlooking the pool area and Mansion where the wedding is being held. It is now 1:00 AM and the disco is in full swing, the pulsating music is clearly audible in our room even with all windows shut tight. Not something we expected to run into at a Four Seasons, paying full rate. Not acceptable.
Thus far, we have enjoyed the hotel's gym (above average), their decent (i.e., not spectacular) spa, their enjoyable bar (but too loud for our taste until the third night when it was calmer), and their helpful concierges (except that they didn't seem to know some important details, like how far the polo fields are from the hotel -- they said "a 15 minute ride" -- when it turned out to be an hour and 15 minutes).
So, you add this all up and this is just not a great experience given what they charge. We will take this up with management and let you know what happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated High-rise Hotel incorporating an elegant turn-of-the-century French Mansion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Four Seasons