“Disappointing”

Ranked #8 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We decided to give this hotel a try as an alternative to the Park Hyatt where we normally stay when we are in Buenos Aires. Would we stay here again? No, for the following reasons: Even though we had a confirmed early check-in our room (one bedroom suite) was not ready upon our arrival (12.30pm). We were offered a larger suite (at a higher cost - in hotel speak this means upsell) which we declined. Miraculously the hotel had another one bedroom suite (facing the street instead of the pool) available right away. After unpacking we went to the pool area to have a late lunch. Unfortunately they only have a set menu on Sundays. The pool area is not the cleanest and the service is very slow. Later on we had friends coming to meet us. We wanted to have a drink however the bar was closed (only open from Tuesday to Saturday). The Lobby which is very nice does not offer a drinks service. We did not want to sit in the restaurant or go back to the pool so we decided to go elsewhere. After returning later that evening the lobby had a strong food smell. Not what one would expect in a 5 star hotel. On a positive note, our accommodation was very comfortable, particularly the bed, the furnishings were nice and the bathroom had plenty of light and a great shower. Final comment, not comparable to the Park Hyatt which is similar in price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TulioHochkoeppler, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for writing and sharing your most recent trip to Buenos Aires. I am disappointed to hear about your visit, and certainly is not what we aspire to be. I have shared your feedback with our team, and we have made some changes such as opening our Bar on Monday's.

I am pleased to read that you felt our accommodations were comfortable, and that our decor was nice.

The next time you plan on visiting Buenos Aires please contact me via e-mail so we can ensure you have a true Four Seasons Experience.

tulio.hochkoeppler@fourseasons.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Turkish first
Eastern PA
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I agree with all of the positive comments about the Four Seasons. I asked for the Premium Internet Service so I could upload videos to You Tube, and download TV shows from my computer at home. I was told that it would be $8 for the upgrade. Purchased outright the Premium Internet Service is $20 per day. I thought that the free standard internet might be a bit slow for my purposes. The Premium Internet Service is included free with E-Lounge rooms on the 7th & 8th floors. We chose this option since it also includes coffee from a pod machine and medialuna in the morning, along with juice. In the evening it includes white or red wine, cheese, salami sticks, and homemade crackers. This is quite a bit lacking from other Four Seasons Club Level rooms I have experienced in the past, specifically in Bangkok.

The Premium Internet Service includes wifi for four devices. The standard internet is limited to two devices. I always bring five devices, so one has to operate solely on cellular. I expected the speed to be High Speed Wireless as is indicated on the website. I asked at the desk about the speed and was told it is 4 Mbps up and down, which hardly seems like high speed. Upon checking my speed on all of the devices at different locations in the hotel, the best I could manage was 1.3 Mbps up and down. I complained, but they could not increase the speed. Early one morning I checked and the speed was 18 Mbps up and down, but it only lasted for a few minutes before the filters kicked in. I uploaded a 6 minute video to You Tube, which took 4 hours.

I was told that the problem would be fixed on my return visits, the first of which is today. I will report on any improvement. I am currently in Mendoza at the Park Hyatt, where the free internet is 18 Mbps up and down.

Room Tip: Choose E-Lounge rooms for $100/night more.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank efithian
I appreciate your feedback regarding our internet service. We do provide two options for our guests one which is complimentary for up to two devices and another that is premium for up to 4 devices. We apologize that you did not have the speed necessary and we have reviewed it with our IT team to ensure that the speed is constant.

Please let us know how it goes in your following trips and please contact me directly to ensure that we have rectified it.

tulio.hochkoeppler@fourseasons.com
Washington, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Although I only spent one night, the Four Seasons was a wonderful respite to a long day of traveling. It's conveniently close to the Recoleta Cemetary and other walkable sites. The Four Seasons is beautifully decorated with local stone. The rooms are well apportioned, with extremely soft beds and downy bedding. The water is hot and with great water pressure.

The hotel staff are wonderrfully helpful in obtaining restaurant reservations, identifying points of interest, and in general were a great asset to the hotel and guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
TulioHochkoeppler, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with us, even such a short one. We hope that your next visit can be longer and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I tagged along recently with my husband on a business trip to Argentina, and absolutely loved this hotel. It was in walking distance to many sites and shopping areas. The pool area was beautiful and relaxing, and the spa was top notch. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TulioHochkoeppler, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Spiraluxa:
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and some of our unique Argentine offerings of the hotel. Look forward to seeing you again,
Reviewed 24 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew we were someplace special. Incredible service and the facility was impeccable. The staff on the concierge desk was extremely helpful; everything we requested was handled promptly and courteously. Don'tstay anywhere else if you are in Buenos Aires

Room Tip: Mansion view was very impressive
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BartNash
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your trip to Buenos Aires. We are so glad that our team and in particular our concierge team was able to help with your stay! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Buenos Aires.
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I are experienced luxury travelers and I can say by almost any standard, the service level at FS Buenos Aires is unmatched. We used the hotel as a base for a two week trip to Argentina and stayed there at the outset for four nights and then returned for a day before our trip home. Concierge desk here was outstanding as was front desk, spa, and restaurants. Newly renovated rooms were terrific, with only minor complaint being that air conditioning is loud and difficult to adjust. Wi-fi works seamlessly throughout the hotel, and we found the location to be ideal. The steak I had at the Elena restaurant was the best I had in two weeks in Argentina, and the breakfasts were terrific. All in all, a simply fabulous place to stay.

Room Tip: high floor, overlooking pool and mansion
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
TulioHochkoeppler, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are so glad that you had a wonderful experience in our hotel. Our concierge team is exceptional and we are very proud that we helped bring Clefs D'Or to Argentina. Thank you for all your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about this place. Worth every penny. They know good service. I wish we could have stayed longer. From the front desk to the bell boys everyone was friendly and accommodating. I'll be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
It is so kind of you to take the time to write and we are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. We sincerely look forward to your return visit, don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything we can do to help with the plans of your next visit.