“Staff and location are great-the rooms could use a sprucing up”

Esplendor Plaza Francia
Ranked #67 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Pasadena,Ca.
“Staff and location are great-the rooms could use a sprucing up”
Reviewed 30 March 2006

Stayed 6 nights in the JR."suite"-really just a room with a folding screen. Saving grace for the room was the fantastic terrace offering a grand view of the Plata and the surrounding Recoletta parks, monuments and museums.
Bathroom was cramped and not well designed. Elavator noise was very bothersome.
Staff was great and location cannot be beat. This property just needs a few touches(and some major renovations and a deep cleaning)to shine.
Bigguyinpasadena

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank bigguyinpasadena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Finnish first
Denver. CO
Reviewed 30 March 2006

We just returned from 2 weeks in Argentina. The first 6 nights were at the Plaza Francia and then we traveled to Uruguay, Iguazu Falls and La Bamba estancia, returning to the hotel between trips. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It's not the newest or fanciest, but it is a wonderful place to stay. You can't beat the location and the size is just right. They have a very good breakfast and a small but comfortable lobby and bar area.

The staff of this hotel make it outstanding. They quickly know all of their guests and are always pleasant and helpful in so many ways. Everyone was eager to assist us with suggestions, reservations, storing our luggage while we went on the side trips, etc. It is very rare to find this kind of good service in any hotel.

I would definitely rank Buenos Aires as one of my most favorite cities in the world. It's a great city and there are so many different areas to explore. We covered a lot of territory in the week in Buenos Aires and there was still more to see.

Definitely take the excursion to Iguazu Falls - it is spectacular. We also went to Montevideo and Colonia. Both were interesting, but I preferred the quaint Colonia. A trip to an estancia is a nice and relaxing way to end the trip.

I will return to Buenos Aires and will return to the Plaza Francia.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank jWorld Traveler
Valencia Spain
Reviewed 3 February 2006

I just returned from a five day stay in the Plaza Francia hotel. Everything about this small boutique hotel was wonderful. The location was perfect, in the center of town but surrounded by a beautiful park, and great restaurants. The room was spacious and impeccable, the service top-notch, free internet always available, friendly and helpful staff, nice breakfast included, all at a great price. I will always return to this hotel. Congratulations to a well run and classy establishment.

5 Thank sneilk
Mexico
Reviewed 31 January 2006

Although it is not the most modern and clean hotel, the location in the Recoleta neighborhood is excellent and the service is magnificient. My wife and myself stayed 4 nights and got a king size bedroom with a view to the Plaza Francia.
The service is top class. Breakfast is served until 11 am, but since they noticed we slept too much, the wait for us to have breakfast before picking it up. Also, the breakfast at the room is ok.

You should take into account this hotel, since it is located almost like the Alvear Hotel and the Ceasar Park, but infinitely cheaper. Also, don't miss walking at night at the restaurants and bars in front of the hotel, the nice streets around the Recoleta and, of course, Alvear Avenue and Posadas Avenue on its direction to 9 de Julio. You will feel yourself in Paris.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank raulito
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 15 December 2005

This hotel is in a great location. Shopping malls, restaurants and parks are within walking distance. The staff was extremely helpful. My sister and I felt very safe in the Recoleta and at the hotel-a security officer was at the door every night. This hotel is an unbelievable value.

7 Thank ashley17Dallas_TX
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2005

I enjoyed my long weekend stay at the Plaza Francia. The hotel is quite narrow, only two rooms across, one of these has two windows facing out front, the other - which I was in - has only one. Then there are two rooms which face out back which will I am sure be cheaper. If you are going for a room facing out front, get a room as high up as possible as the views are very pleasant. The rooms are not particularly big but they are very comfortable and yes the bathroom was quite small. Breakfast was adequate. The location is the best bit as it is a very quiet and respectable area. Other friends were staying downtown and - while handier for the hussle and bustle - I was glad I was staying where I was. Taxis are cheap anyway so I just took them wherever I needed.

4 Thank Zippitydoodah
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2005

Reviews by previous guests have paid up, I am about to conclude my stay at this hotel this coming Sunday November 20 since November 3 and I have nothing but praise for this hotel, employees have been so nice, pleasant and courteous and have gone out of their ways you to make my stay a comfortable one, I rather stay at this place than the Alvear Palace, Ceasar´s Park, Sofitel or Four Seasons, they might be the big conglomerate but will never tend you personally the way the Plaza Francia does, also I want to praise the Housekeeping Department for the way they have taken care of my Room #101, great ladies, very safe place to stay, there´s always a Federal Police Officer either across from the front door or late night by the door or inside lobby area, this is the place to stay in Buenos Aires, don´t go anywhere else, make this place your second home, my regards to the Front Office personnel especially Leonardo and at Reservations to Maria Andrea Linares, they have made my stay a wonderful one and I´ll be back next year, long live Hotel Plaza Francia !

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member