We arrived during a heat wave and as the hotel receives full sun from 7am (27ºC at 9am and 34ºC by 11am) it is super hot in the obelisk facing rooms. We were given two keys so we left one key in the room to keep the air conditioning running so when we were returning to the room it would be nice and warm. However, the maid kept taking the key out so every time we returned to the room, it was as hot as a 70ºC sauna!
After we checked in and saw the room on the first day, I noted the bed sheets and bed cover were dirty, we had a broken safe and a broken mirror so I asked for a new room which they accommodated whilst being somewhat put out by my request for a clean room.
Deluxe is also not deluxe. Consider it more like 2 star Australia hotels and you wont be so disappointed as I was. They tell you it hasbeen rrenovated but don't perhaps yh eh forgot to mention the rrnovation was 15 years ago.
The rooms are small, the bathrooms smell funny.
I cant recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in front of the Obelisk, the most representative place of Buenos Aires and with the traditional category of services, is the ideal place for a wonderful stay in Buenos Aires due to its privilege location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Globales Republica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness And Spa
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness Buenos Aires
- Republica Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hotel Republica Buenos Aires
- Republica Buenos Aires