“Good small room”

Ranked #201 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Prince Albert
“Good small room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We found the room to be nice value. It was small but comfortable. The air conditioning was good. Only negative was the sink. The spigot is too far forward and the sink so shallow it was hard to wash without splashing oneself. Wifi was free only for 20 min in the restaurant. Otherwise you had to pay 10 pesos per hour

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank David D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here for 1 + 2 nights en route to Ushuaia and on our return. The first stay was awful as we were put into grubby, dark and dingy rooms on the 3rd floor - facing a wall. Water leaked from the base of the toilet and we were most disappointed as we had already booked and paid for our second stay on Booking.com.

The second stay we were on the 7th floor in a refurbished room facing the main boulevard which was quite acceptable. Breakfast was nothing spectacular (cereals, some fruit, pastries, cheese and watery scramble egg).

The hotel is central for exploring this huge city. If you turn left as you exit the door you will find a large supermarket on the first corner which is useful for stocking up on snacks, fruit, water and drinks .

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor as ask for a refurbished room facing the main road
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve H
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Wow... I owe this one, Last year I arrive to Buenos Aires to transfer plains to Asuncion - Paraguay and find out I couldn't board the plane because i didn't have a visa??? anyway long story short I wasn't supposed to be in Buenos Aires till 4 days latter, all my photography equipment, cash and credit cards where stolen at the airport I ended up in a bad Hotel downtown... next day i when to find the Gran Hotel Argentino I told them what happen and they didn't have a problem to accomodate me 2 days before my original reservation respecting the promotional rate i got on line... the Hotel is very.. very nice.. with a great vibe, style, luxury and great staff... the free breakfast was just impresive... I love the Pudin de Pan... everyday!!! fruits, yogurt, cereal, eggs, great juices and coffee... all included.... Modern and clean rooms... great atmosphere and overall very Dynamic felling... the people at the front desk are just amazingly cool, they kept my luggage for 3 days when I went to Uruguay... Everyone was very cool, specially Luis at the reception that make my life way more easy....

In Buenos Aires this is the place to be!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank FERNANDO C
kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed here twice and each time is great. it is centrally located on the widest avenue in the world. Staff is very helpful and can arrange airport transportation for you. This is an older hotel in a downtonw type environment but it has always worked well for me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jksKansas
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

The first time we visited this great hotel was for 2 nights in 2008, thanks to Tripadvisor! Now we came back for a one night stay. It is just what you need if you plan to use the hotel to sleep and have breakfast. The double room is adequate size with a very clean bathroom and a great shower. The Wi-fi is only free for the first minutes and then it about $2/hour or $10 for 24 hours, so if you NEED to stay connected, opt for the 24 hours, like I did. The people at front desk are polite but no smiles. However, some of the bellboys can be very helpful with suggestions of places to visit and can be also quick to call you a "remis" (private taxi cabs). Breakfast is very good if you get there around 8 a.m. before it gets really crowded. There is no minibar in the room, so keep that in mind.
The hotel location is excellent, beign a couple of blocks from the Obelisco and all the good places to go downtown from sights to shopping stores and coffee shops. Just be careful if you stay out late. Downtown streets can be poorly lit.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep in, don't get a room on the 7th floor or close (cafeteria floor)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alexandra C
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay between flights in and out of Buenos Aires. The location was good and we were able to walk to a very interesting restaurant in the main tourist area of Buenos Aires. The room was clean enough but I felt like we were staying in a rabbit warren because the corridors were narrow and I felt it might be hard to get out of in a fire.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hackensack, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I can't even begin to describe how atrocious my stay was here at this hotel. When I first arrived, my bathroom was filthy. I asked the staff at the front desk if they can send housekeeping over to clean to which they acknowledged they would do so. When I returned to the hotel a few hours later from a city tour, no one had gone to my room to clean the bathroom. I had to ask three more times until finally someone came to clean it up. The elevator in the hotel is super slow, give yourself an extra 10 minutes when leaving the hotel, seriously. Another gripe was the charge for Wifi service, it was only free for 20 minutes if you went downstairs to the coffee shop and got a password. The only good thing I can say about this place is the car service to/from both airports. Otherwise, look to stay elsewhere when visiting BA.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo