“Quick, excellent stay”

Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #119 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Checked in late evening, fast and courteous front desk. Had a Club level room on 23rd floor with gorgeous city views, room was very clean, fresh and in perfect condition. I needed a power strip which was provided by concierge in minutes.

Location is great for business and convenient to Puerto Madero area. Had breakfast at the Club on 22nd, normal solid SPG Club breakfast offered. Excellent service at the Club lounge.

Short stay, but everything about the stay was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I choose this hotel because of it's location. Right in the middle of the city. Close to Puerto Madero, Florida, Retiro Station, City Airport.
We had a room on the 14th. floor with leaky window seals, which made a night rainstorm sound very unpleasant. The room was not renovated.
Down in the lobby cafe you can hear construction noise the whole day.
The staff is not very friendly, especially the concierge staff does not appreciate questions in English.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience among us. Your feedback is very important for us in order to continue improving our services. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel itself is aged but still nice and centrally located to many restaurants within 10-15 minutes walking. I enjoyed some snacks in the bar area in the lobby where the wifi center is. The wifi works well throughout the hotel, but not in the breakfast restaurant. The staff are very helpful and nice. The room was nice but the floor I was on had very loud doors when you shut them so every time someone shut a door it would sound like a slammed door. I heard that the upper level rooms 17 and up were recently remodeled, i stayed on the 14th floor and had great views from my window of beautiful Puerto Madero. All in all a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and cannot fault much about the hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, everything I asked for in my room was delivered as promised and the gym and health centre were very nice to take some exercise at the end of the day. The criticisms would be the lack of available room when I checked in on arrival, the sometimes long delivery time for room service in the evening meaning that at least one meal was no longer fresh and hot and the general state of the room which although perfectly adequate and comfortable was definitely in need of a furniture update. The chest of draws were falling apart and the desk chair was broken.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires, constructive support from our guests is extremely important to us, and help us to work on our weaknesses.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've visited Buenos Aires 3 times in the last year. I've stayed at the Hotel Madero, Hotel Melia & Sheraton.

I think the Sheraton looks impressive on the outside and the lobby is indeed very spacious. It sets the tone for high expectations.

My room was on the 4th floor. When I got out of the lift the 4th floor had a rather fusty smell about it that gave me the impression it had seen better days. I read from other reviews that some of the floors had been refurbished. I don't think mine had.

The room was fine. The mini safe lock didn't work it got fixed instantly when I reported the fault. The internet speed was ok but the cost was rather excessive. Something like 3x as much per day as say Hotel Madero.

I'm sorry to say that the breakfast was disappointing. The area felt cold and drafty. The plates were too big. Toast stands no chance of staying warm when on a big cold plate in cold drafty place! It sounds wierd but I think the Sheraton could do itself a favour by providing smaller plates. The scrambled egg was cold and watery. For some reason the milk was held in a tall container where it looks like bacteria would collect around the lid. Just put it in a jug or urn type dispenser like most other hotels.

Having said all that, the location for me was excellent (yep I dared to catch the San Martin line to Hurlingham. Being a tall English guy that doesn't know Spanish I probably stood out like a saw thumb on the train but I didn't get accosted). I was also greatly intrigued by Villa 31 across the park.

The other good points include the price which was excellent (approx half the price of the Madero at the time). The indoor swimming pool & change facilities were also excellent, including 3 dimentional showers where the water comes out of the walls as well as from above. The swimming pool temperature must have been adjusted for leisurely swimmers because I got too warm after doing some lengths. Still a very nice pool.

Hi Yanina (Hotel Manager) - thank you for your time in reading my review. I liked the hotel and I may well stay again. A quick win would be to change the breakfast milk container. I don't know if I am breaking TripAdvisor rules by addressing this message to you.

Room Tip: Try going for upper floors with a view across to the clock tower
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tim D,

Thank you very much for your feedback and also for your personalized greeting to me. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sheraton. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. Otherwise I will share your comments about the breakfast with our Food&Beverage manager, all the feedback we can get from our guests help us to improve our services. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

There isn't really anything good I can say about the hotel apart from the fact that it is relatively central in Buenos Aires and has a nice pool (which is flanked by two major streets).
The staff at the reception desk don't really seem to know anything - not even the price of the breakfast. We didn't get our rooms forever and when we did, they were at a lower standard than what we'd booked. On Thursday night there was a big party on the 1st floor (without prior warning) until late at night despite the fact that this is supposed to be a business hotel, i.e. people work on a Friday.
The rooms are really old and so are the bathrooms. My shower was barely more than a trickle. The breakfast is okay but really not great. We had dinner in the same restaurant which wasn't good at all. My fish wasn't cooked but to be fair to them after I pointed that out they took my dinner off the bill.
Overall, I am sure there are many other hotels in Buenos Aires at similar or lower prices but at a much higher quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the service issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We spent 5 nights in this very comfortable hotel on a recent tour of several South American countries. We were well looked after by the concierge and our housekeeper, Matilda, was very kind and accommodating. The bathrooms are a bit old fashioned but are well supplied with every toiletry you could need. Our room on the 14th floor was far away from the elevators - which "sing" all night long- and had a great view of the harbour. Breakfast was excellent and the weight room/spa was modern and well equipped. Only complaint is with Sheraton as a chain...no free wifi in the rooms which is ridiculous in this day and age.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014