“Great location and stay”

Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #124 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I arrived in late March. Our flight into Buenos Aires arrived in the morning and we went straight to the hotel. To our delight, we did not have to wait until the afternoon for a room. We hung out at the Club Room for an hour while our room was getting ready. Since I am a Gold member, we were upgraded to one of the rooms on the Club levels along with breakfast at their Club room. Our room was clean and spacious. The staff (front desk, Club Room, Lobby Bar, Concierge) were all friendly. Even though internet is not free in your room, you do have WIFI capabilities in the lobby and there is the computer kiosk on the lobby level. While the computers are a little outdated, they still do the job and you can check out things on the internet.

Location was fine. We walked 15-20 minutes to Recoleta and Casa Rosada areas, respectively.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thanks very much for all of your comments. We really appreciate them. We are strategically situated near from many attractions in the city, which is very valuable for our guests. We hope to have you with us again.
Have a nice day!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Large location and convention center, but near busy streets. Hotel rooms were tiny and out of date. Reasonable location to eat including a steak house that is absolutely fantastic. Would prefer a different hotel if staying near by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sheraton. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. Otherwise I will share your comments about the room facilities with our Room Division Manager, all the feedback we can get from our guests help us to improve our services. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future
Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is one of the better hotels I have stayed in. Service is very good, check in and check - out is slick. I have stayed in both a standard room and Club room. Standard rooms bathroom was a bit dated and small. Beds are comfy and rooms are well furnished. Spa and gym are great. Swimming pool and sun deck are very nice to. Service is excellent.

Room Tip: Great Location. Good Service
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thanks very much for all of your comments. We really appreciate them. We are strategically situated near from the best restaurants and shops, which is very valuable for our guests. We hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

the staff needs reorientation towards hospitality and better service. rooms were ok hut cleaned very late! english translator in the resto cannot order even how the egg should be done!!! staff in resto were good but cannot communicate we did a sign language most od the time. this hotel good for locd not international.

• Stayed: March 2014
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your experience among us. Your feedback is very important for us in order to continue improving our services. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Sheraton Retiro is not a good place to stay.
Half of the rooms are really old, smelly and have dirty carpets.
The location is good during the day cause your near downtown but its really dangerous if you want to go out at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Trinidad E
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thanks very much for all of your comments. We really appreciate them. We hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Good location to get around Buenos Aires. The hotel is huge and the gym has been the best in the top hotels we've stayed in South America so far. The hotel is also a convention centre so busy at most times, but staff were all very efficient and welcoming. You can see that the hotel is starting to look slightly tired. But for the price, i'd return due to the location and facilities.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sheraton. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I used to be a fan of this hotel, given its central location right next to the Tienda Leon bus station within walking distance to Puerto Madero and the Retiro areas. The hotel has a rather spacious Club Lounge, which had a great spread and great staff prior to this stay. However, this hotel has gone downhill since my last couple of stays in the last few years and the wear-and-tear shows.

I was upgraded to the Club Floor as a Platinum, which was nice, but the elevators of this hotel are rather slow. The room itself is a bit dated, but my biggest issue was that bathtub was rather dirty and I had to put a towel on the base before stepping into the bathtub for a shower. The furniture was starting to show some wear-and-tear, although the bed was very comfortable.

Upon entering the Club Lounge at 4pm, the staff was inaccessible and the food on the table seems like it had been left there for hours. When I did approach the staff for help, I felt like I was inconveniencing them. I was also surprised that the Club closed at 9pm, as I wanted to get a light snack and a drink before returning to my room. I wanted to work in the lounge around noon, but I was surprised again that it was closed from 11am to 2pm. As someone who has Club Lounge access, it would be nice if I could actually use the Club Lounge.

I used to really like this hotel, but I have to admit that this stay left a very bad impression on me. I will not be returning to this hotel in my future stays in Buenos Aires. There are much better hotels throughout Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Yanina C, Manager at Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last stay in Buenos Aires, also we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking part of your valuable time in letting us know your comments about the service issues you met during your last stay at the Sheraton Buenos Aires hotel. Constructive support from our guests is extremely important for us when trying to improve our quality and take measures in those areas which so require.

I apologized for the inconveniences you have experienced with the Sheraton Club Lounge service and the bathroom condition. We failed to provide you with a proper solution to the matters, but rest assured that we are going to double check some procedures to improve our services.

It has been a real pleasure to have you as a guest of our hotel and really hope we will
have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future where you will receive the first class service you deserve.