Melia Buenos Aires
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$623
US$515
US$182
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$140
US$97
US$253
US$188
  • Pool
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$155
Legado Mitico(Buenos Aires)
US$194
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$240
US$189
2,146 results
All reviewsmelia hotelel establowithin walking distancehotel is locatedindoor poolsuperior roominternet accesscalle floridaan excellent hotelbusiness hotelbars and restaurantsrooms are largemini barconvenient locationquiet streetcroissantsreconquista
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice for business. My company has an office about 5 blocks away from this hotel, and although there are many other hotels closer to our office, I'm glad that my company has selected this hotel as the main hotel for us to stay at when we visit this office. The hotel is in a great location, just a couple of blocks from Florida street, and close to many good restaurants. It's also just a short walk to Puerto Madero, which has many good restaurants, although they are a little pricier. Puerto Madero is also a great place to walk around, to go for a run - I ran many times on this trip, almost exclusively around Puerto Madero.

The hotel has great service - they really make you feel like they care about you as a guest. The buffet breakfast that is included in the rate is very good. The doormen open the door for you every time you leave or return. I think I may have touched the main front door handle about 3 times during a two week stay. The Azorin restaurant is good - great service, good food, and a nice selection of wine to choose from.

The rooms are very clean and well kept, with comfortable beds, a desk, chair, flat screen TV, and there's a minibar as well. There's a well equipped fitness center with a pool and jacuzzi. The pool is small - not well suited for a swim workout, but nice for a relaxing swim.

Overall, I've been very happy with both stays. If I try really hard, about the only thing I could complain about is pretty petty - the housekeeping staff almost always removed the comforter from my bed and stuck it behind the chair. I like heavier covers when I sleep, so I always put it back. Towards the end of my stay though they stopped removing it, which was nice. And shows how they try to adjust things to keep you happy.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 9th floor have balconies - very nice. I just happened to get one on the 9th floor this time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I spent 2 nights there. It is a really nice hotel. The room was very clean& modern and the bathroom was really large. WLAN is not free, you pay around 55pesos (EUR 9.50) for 1 day.The staff was pretty helpful and friendly, I was even able to check-in earlier. The breakfast was good, fresh fruits and croissants. Good location. You have many shops and bars in walking distance. I can really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Spent three nights at the Melia on a business trip. Good location on a pedestrian street. The rooms above X17 on each floor are in the newer part of the hotel and much better than the original.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms ending in 18 to 25 on each floor. The lower number are in the old part of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I am a travel agent that recently took a group to this hotel. We were all very pleased with it and highly recommend it. The hotel is in a good, central location on a quiet street. The rooms and bathrooms were very large, modern and clean. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. We ate dinner in the restaurant and had outstanding meals. We had to leave early in the morning on our departure day, before the time that the restaurant served breakfast. To our pleasant surprise, the restaurant opened for us at 5 am in order to serve us breakfast! This has never happened before at other hotels. Melia and staff, thank you for a wonderful stay in Buenos Aires!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2012

As said above, in walking distance to the most central places, acceptable prices, clean comfortable rooms in an aging building but good in shape. Stayed there twice during our 6 weeks long Argentinian trip (arrival and the last days) and were given an upgrade to a suit at our second stay (had their MAS card).
Main negative: They charge hefty fees for internet access which I regard as inacceptable.
Also had the same negative experience twice with the reception: Asked for a late check-out and got one. Next day found out it wasn't entered in their computer.Later found out also the room keys had to be reprogrammed to enter the room after noon (nobody told us). Asked at second time to reprogramme the keys and got as answer: Not necessary. Of course I couldnt access the room next day again !!! Just unbelievable !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple