“Fantastic Faena”
Review of Faena Hotel

Faena Hotel
Ranked #23 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Everything from the welcoming lobby to the gorgeous bathrooms make staying in this unique Buenos Aires hotel a special treat. Quirky and unique touches everywhere separate this family run hotel from the cookie cutter chain hotel experience. Fantastic and personal service at every turn and a great location near everything that is hip and happening in this amazing city.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you re in the mood for glassed walled bathrooms and velvet red curtains this the place. Phantom of the Opera -modern-romantic-cool atmosphere. Long well lighted aisles and lounges,
big rooms, and open views in the safe and beautiful Puerto Madero Area.
We had one queen room and one twin room, the queen was ver comfortable but the twin beds were too small.
The worse thing was the AC, it jumped from icy cold to too warm in 20 seconds, the thermostat seem not to be working and it was a nightmare to set, it really ruined the night.
Breakfast was nothing impressive from the point of view of the food but I loved the ceiling and the decorations at El Mercado restaurant. Other places were decorated a bit over the top but this restaurant was really nice.
The pool was supposed to be warm and it was cold, so nobody was swimming in spite of the beautiful design and the 29 degrees centigrades... we had a great guacamole and hummus by the pool but the salmon was not so great...the life guards and bell boys are the nicest staff we met as concierges and reception seem to be trained to look distant and cool... of course. Furnishing, decorations and food are all mixed quality... and there s something fishy in the ABOUT US lines in the Hotel Book that remind you too much of a famous Apple TV add " Think Different" . I don t think it is great value to choose this hotel... AC was a real annoying matter and the Four Seasons has far better overall authentic service and the rates are quite similar.

Room Tip: Twin beds are too small
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cucuruchito
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note that you felt our location safe and beautiful, besides our room confort and decoration, however I naturally regret the inconveniences with your AC during your stay, I am afraid we were not capable to offer a prompt and suitable solution and I feel disappointed about that.

We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future and delivering to you the professional and friendly customer service levels that so many of our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, I will personally take care of your reservation.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed on business trip and was impressed with the rooms and staff. Everyone was attentive and helpful, it reminded me of the service my grandfather used to talk about... I would and will stay here again. The only minor thing I would say would be the location is I bit out of the center and heart of the city.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JWolff72
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear JWolff72
I am delighted to read your review, thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you appreciated our hotel, but more relevant our staff kindness appreciation.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservations. I
will be happy to make all the necessary to make every single stay every time, memorable.
Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

White unicorns with demonic red eyes, giant gold crown floating in the swimming pool and a guy regularly cruising down the hallway in a pure white suit and a giant white hat..... No, I haven't been drinking, just been staying at the Faena Hotel for a conference. What an impressively different place. Location is very safe, albeit a little away from key sites and service was excellent. Key advice I would offer is request a room away from the swimming pool area. The hotel confuses itself with a disco in the evening and the pool area can be very loud until 3am with pounding music and revellers. Not something I think is congruent with a five star hotel, but I guess this hotel positions itself as younger and different. They moved me immediately but best to request. Dinner service was decent, however breakfast was comparatively ordinary and not cheap. I would stay here again and can understand why some people love it. No idea who that guy in the white suit is....

Room Tip: Request a room facing the river, get as far away from the pool as you can!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GulliverFromOz
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear GulliverFromOZ,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note that you felt our location in Puerto Madero very safe. Regarding to our nights in the Library Lounge and Pool Bar, this is an area that we are extremely passionate about and work at daily to continuously keep improving. I am really sorry you had to request room move, our windows are soundproof but I am afraid volume music was not managed suitably during your stay. I would welcome your further feedback in this area and will send you a message separately.
We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future and delivering to you the professional and friendly customer service levels that our guests experience and continue to enjoy at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I wouldn´t stay anywhere else in Buenos Aires.
The Faena Hotel is perfect for those willing to have a nice time. It´s so relaxing that sometimes you will think twice before leaving your room to walk around the city! hahaha
I love the spa, the steam house and the massages you can find here.
They also have some cool restaurants inside the hotel, and the décor, by P. Starck is also a plus!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachel G
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Rachel G
Thank you very much for sharing your most recent experience at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We were also happy to learn that our location met your expectations and that you
enjoyed very much our facilities.
I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near
future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservations. I
will be happy to make all the necessary to make your stay once again, perfect.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Only stayed here on three seperate occassions, incredibly on the second visit they welcomed me personally and introduced me to my 'experiences manager' to look after me. This person had a complete log of my previous requests, even my choice of wine at the bar and provided a free bottle of it as a welcome back.

Few hotels on earth get the balance of style and substance right, this unique hotel nails it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear AJ J
Many thanks for taking time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
It has been a great pleasure to welcome you to the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires and being your favourite hotel on earth is a tremendous compliment for us.
Hoping to welcome you again very soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

A perfect place to stay!!! in a safe area, close to the best restaurantes of BA and close of Puerto Madero. A worderful decoration, rooms very confortable with a special decoration and excellent bed. The restaurants are very, very nice and Rojo Tango, the tango show is unforgetable!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and with a beatiful view of the river and the city.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear malenandrea,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Faena Hotel for your recent stay in Buenos
Aires and for taking the time post your review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward
to welcome you again in the near future.
Best regards,