Cristal Palace
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
US$155
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Duque Hotel Boutique & Spa(Buenos Aires)
US$156
US$155
US$152
US$132
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$297
US$161
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$452
US$350
US$563
US$440
US$647
US$535
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Personally I found my stay exquisite. It is great if you are looking for a hotel in the Belgrano area it is located next to the center just one block from the subway, which for me was a great transportation medium. The Hotel itself is located in a very upscale area and very touristic.
As for the rooms they were large, comfortable and very clean. For what I experienced the front desk staff as well as all the staff members were kind.
The breakfast was great there is a large variety. Be sure to try the Dulce de Leche, which is an Argentinian delicacy!!
I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Denise r
Reviewed 26 September 2010

This hotel is not recommendable for tourists, because it is rather far from the centre.
The staff at the reception is speaking english, but they understand only if they want to do.
If you want to stay in Belgrano, it's one of the few hotels, who are not so expensive.
The rooms are large, but in some rooms the aircondition is not sufficient or very noisy.
The carpets should be exchanged urgently.
Breakfast is typical argentine, omelets can be ordered, the coffee is warmed up.
The free wifi didn't work in the rooms in 2009 and 2010; sometimes it worked in the small lobby.
We have been there, because our friendsare living around the corner. When we first visited them, they gave a present to the hotel to bid us welcome. The present never reached us, even if the hotel manager was asked (staff could not understand?).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reckti
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I had ask the front desk to get me a room in the back of the hotel and on the top floors, I knew that Ciudad de la Paz is very busy and narrow street in the heart of Belgrano's neighborhood, and what did we get, a very dirty room on the second floor facing the street and right across from a Jewish school, barricaded behind antiterrorist countermeasures, let us not forget that in Buenos Aires the Israeli embassy and a Jewish cultural and community center were blown to smithereens in the biggest terrorist attack outside Israel. Those facts did not help me sleep any better. The following morning, my wife and myself went for breakfast downstairs, a couple of minutes before closing time, and as I started to pour myself coffee, to service ladies came into the room and proceeded to pick up the bread, the fruit salad and every morsel of food available for breakfast, I got into an argument with them, I was telling them that this not a Bank and while I was there they should let me finish my breakfast in peace, of course they could not care less, and told me to complaint to the manager. By the way, the only elevator gets hijacked by the service ladies making up the rooms, so you can wait for ever, and the elevator will not come to your floor!!
Later on that day I got my wish, and we moved to the fourth floor in the back of the hotel, too little too late, the rooms seemed to have being designed with assisted suicide in their minds, just awful drapes hanging from the windows and awful colors.
I decided to move out of there next morning, which I did, before leaving I asked the front desk lady to return my voucher , she told me to wait till a service personnel would check my room to see if I forgot any of my belongings behind, I told her that I did made sure that I did not forget anything and if she wanted to know if I had consumed anything from the Frigobar, all she had to do was to ask me and I would have said NO !! After that, as a joke, she told me that had I forgotten to ask for the voucher, she would have spent it in a mall !!
I was so glad to get out of there, I will never return or recomend this awful hotel.

Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Great Hotel close to excelent location , fantastic people, very clean rooms
great breakfast, I enjoy so much my stay in Argentina.
Dr Mark Goldstein
New York City

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank marknewyork_9
Reviewed 27 January 2006

The only reason I ended up at the Cristal Palace is that our subsidiary here in Buenos Aires has their people stay here while in town. Since I know nothing about the place I came in with an open mind. It is located in a nice neighborhood and 2 blocks from the D line Metro. The rate was about $60 a day and it included a small buffet breakfast, a small workout area and free Internet in the basement next to the workout area. There is no Internet in the rooms. The rooms were nice but spartan, no pictures, etc. The beds were OK and there is a nice desk with a safe and mini-bar. The bathroom and rest of the room was very clean. The down side to the Cristal Palace was that there was no Restaurant or lounge. I suppose if I had to go to Buenos
Aires again for a short stay (less than 4 days) I could stay here. If the trip were longer, I would most likely stay at a Marriott or Sheraton.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business