“Sarmiento Palace Hotel”

Ranked #204 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Melbourne
“Sarmiento Palace Hotel”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We arrived in Buenos Airies on Xmas Eve staying at the Sarmiento Palace Hotel. The Hotel is about 35 minutes from Ministro Pistarini (EZE) airport. The Hotel arranged for an airport pickup. The staff were very helpful. The room was excellent. I highly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank demonmike
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thanks Michael and Nellie for your comments. We try always to do our best to satisfy our guests. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!

We wish you a happy new year, all the best wishes!

Kind Regards,

Lic. Melina Solange Attie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Although I didn't have a poor experience with this hotel, it wasn't great either. As they say, "the devil is in the details," and I felt that customer service was lacking in small ways that made our overall experience just average.

I stayed in a 9th floor triple which was a little tight for three beds, but barely toed the line between cozy rather than too small. The breakfast was pretty good - pastry, fresh orange juice, fruit, yogurt, cereals, coffee/tea, and warm eggs and hot dogs (which I didn't try). It has a good location near buses, metro, and although there isn't a ton to do at night in that part of the city, its centrality makes it easy to get to other parts of the city.

Now, the details I was talking about:
* Although our room was kept clean, we had to call several times for fresh towels; sometimes the towels arrived, sometimes they didn't.
* Every two days, our room keys stopped working. This wasn't deactivation by proximity to cell phones or the like - it was all three keys at once on a standard two-day cycle, and for an eight-day stay, very annoying. When we repeatedly asked why at reception, it was laughed off and we weren't given an explanation.
* The air-con in the lobby broke one night and began dripping water everywhere. I watched as the receptionists moved the couch below the AC unit but made no move to clean the water or put up signage to warn guests (as there was a woman who was a victim of the spray). For the next few days, I saw that the lobby was in a bit of disarray with the couch moved out of the way but water still all over the floor.
* The internet was very spotty everywhere but the lobby, and when we asked, "it was being worked on" with no timeline for resolution.

The above issues aren't deal breakers, but it was the inattentiveness and lack of customer service by the staff that concerned me the most. I don't think I'd recommend a stay here, or if so, go in with low expectations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had at the hotel. Unfortunately we are trying to do our best to improve the air conditioning conditions by working on a solution.
The problem with the keys is because we are changing the system in order to provide an unique key to the guest and do not desactivate it during the stay.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I go to Buenos Aires fairly frequently, and I have always stayed here. It's extremely conveniently located (one block from the Red line subway) and only a few blocks from major cross streets (Corrientes and Callao). The hotel has a very friendly and helpful staff who are always ready to do what they can to make your stay pleasant. For the price, you can't beat the quality of the service or the value of the rooms. I'll be back the next time I'm in Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street (noisy in the evening). Lower floors are more convenient since...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your comments. We wait for you soon again.

Kind regards
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very nice hotel. Extremely helpful and knowledgeable staff willing to help. Very comfortable rooms, which were clean and spacious. The hotel offers a breakfast buffet with a large variety of options to pick from. We also had a delicious meal at their local restaurant. Would highly recommend to any and all visiting!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thanks a lot James for all the comments made.

We are glad to hear every single opinion!

We wait for you soon again.

Best regards,

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2013

During check-in one my carry-on bag was stolen containing cameras, lenses, laptop etc. as well as all my photos of a two-week tour of Brazil. My request to view the footage of the incident on the CCTV was denied. Inside job ?

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Odette L
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Odette,

Like I said the same day of the incident, I am so sorry for what happened to you. Really it was the first time, and we acted the best we could.

The cameras were not working due to a problem on the system and the insurance did not recognize the missing bag.

We are sure that somebody from the outside was the responsable because all the employees here have been working for 10 or more years.

So sorry again.

Yours sinceraly,

Travellers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed 3 separate times as we passed through Buenos Airies. Rooms varied in size, with 2 including tea making facilities. All were clean and with air conditioning. Elevator is tiny - barely enough room for 2 people with suitcases. Service we found exceptional - and good English. They ensured our requirements were met. We had several airport transfers, all arranged by the hotel. Apart from an early morning no-show to go to the airport (which the hotel quickly covered at 5am), all their arrangements were excellent. Restaurant available but evening meals start at 8pm (which we found a little late) - however several good alternatives available 2 blocks away.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thanks a lot for your comments. It is a pleasure to us satisfy all the requirements and wishes of our guests.

We wait for you soon again. Happy new year.

Best regards,

New York, NY
Reviewed 16 November 2012

If you expect all that you see in the photos online, you will be disappointed. But I had a great stay nonetheless. The staff was most of the reason for that. They went out of their way to be courteous and helpful, and fix problems I had with my room (which resulted in my changing to another room). I wish I remembered her name - the female supervisor of the desk staff was exceptionally capable and helpful to me.

The elevator is tiny - two people, or one person with luggage is plenty! I was in Buenos Aires for a conference, and walked nearly everywhere I needed to go and I was fine.

Know that the hot tub is outdoors, and was not functional in winter (I was there in August). The photos are of places like the lobby bathroom (beautiful, but your room won't look like that!) and the spa which is off premises. I didn't hold the photo situation against them - of course a hotel wants to show you the best of what they've got. And, as I said, the staff was as sincere and helpful as you could ask of any human doing those jobs. There's a small "fitness center" in the basement; a small bar in the lobby. If you do not expect New York City luxury hotel, and know that you are in a small hotel where the staff are doing what they can to raise the reputation of an aging hotel, you will be fine. I think it's a fine hotel, and not a bad bargain. I would certainly stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thanks a lot for your comment!! We appreciate every single observation to improve our service. We wait for you soon again.

Kind regards. Lic. Melina Solange Attie