“Best of the Best”

Ranked #112 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reno, Nevada
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I wrote my first review of this excellent small hotel after my first stay in Feb 2009. My last stay, May 2012, marked my 4th stay. I have been an international traveler since 1976. In my all of my travels I have not found a hotel that could match Malabia House. In my 2009 review my closing remarks went along this line, " I wished I could just fold up Malabia House and packed into my backpack/carry-on, so that I would have the Malabia experience where ever in the world that I went to next!" That should sum it up very nicely. So make a reservation early and don't miss this wonderful little hotel in a trip to B. A.

My apologies to the staff & owner for this late review.

Room Tip: There are rooms with abart ensuite & other have a bathroom in hallway. However these bathrooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck S
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear Laura and Chuck!

Thank you so much for yourd words, it´s such a pleasure to recevie you every time you visit Buenos Aires. There´s not a better flattery than: "I wished I could just fold up Malabia House and packed into my backpack/carry-on, so that I would have the Malabia experience where ever in the world that I went to next!" , it really means lots!

We hope to see you back here soon!
Best wishes from all 1555 Malabia House Hotel team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Loved it! Awesome staff, great breakfast in the mornings, beautiful building, fantastic location, quiet. And the rooms are really great. I stayed for three weeks on a business trip and I didn't want to leave. The place is totally classy and decorated very nice. Everything to love, nothing to hate.

Room Tip: The room I was in had it's own bathroom. I don't know that all the rooms are that way.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Ryan,

Thank you so much for your review,iIt was a pleasure to have you with us this 2 weeks. Time passed by really fast!
Hope to have you back in Malabia soon and this time for holidays. It was a gift for us to be able of being part of your experience in our wonderfull city.

Wish you the best!
Greetings from all 1555 Malabia House Staff!
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Highlight the excellent experience we havd this two weeks in the Malabia House.
People attending at the hotel, the director assistance and all the amenitties. It has been a pleasure, a nice surprise and a experience to see people as Malabia House crew looking forward the client confort and cosiness.
Wonderful and advise people traveling to BsAs to visit Malabia House.

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable and well furnished
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Lorena and Juan,

What can we say about guests like you! It was a great pleasure to be part of your stay in Buenos Aires and of having the gift to celebrate your birthday with you.
Thank you for your beautiful words, it was really an honor to have met you.
We hope to have you soon here again!

We send all our love!
Greeting from all 1555 Malabia House Hotel staff!
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We have travelled extensively, and this was one of the best. The staff were extremely courteous, knowledgeable and accomodating. The location in the Polermo neighborhood cannot be beat. It was an easy, and extremely interesting 10 miniute walk to the subway. I always felt safe walking around. I will reccomend this to any of our friends who are considering travelling to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Jack,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review. It´s more than important to know how our guests feel about our service. We´re trully glad of receiving guests like you and to be part of your experience in Buenos Aires.
Hope to see you again!

Greetings from all 1555 Malabia House Staff!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

My family and I stayed at Malabia House for one night over the Christmas holiday, 2011. Staff was friendly and very helpful with ideas about where to eat, what to do, etc. Location was great. Food was outstanding.
It was a real highlight of the trip to BA. You can't go wrong with this place.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Malabia H, Gerente at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Dear Robert,

We felt honored by your words. It is very important for us to know the opinion of our guests and, knowing that your stay in our house was satisfactory comforts us greatly.

We hope to have you back soon!
Greetings to all your family from al 1555 Malabia House Hotel staff!
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I travel quite a bit internationally and this one was of the best places that I've had the pleasure staying. The staff was fabulous: offering eggs cooked to order in the morning, giving great directions and suggestions for the area. I stayed in one of the Classical rooms (private bathroom across the hall). I did not have any issues with the bath being across the hall and I had a fabulous rate.

If I ever return to BA, I will make sure to make my reservation at this hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't mind a small bathroom across the hall. If you think that this is an issue, then book a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
milogeraghty, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at 1555 Malabia House, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you very much for your comment!

We are thrilled to know that you had a great time with us and we hope to have you back soon.
Feel free to follow us on our Facebook fanpage for the latest news of the hotel and exclusive discounts.

Greetings,
Malabia House Hotel Staff
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

great boutique hotel, very clean, great staff, conveniently located if youre just visiting the city on vacation. I lived in buenos aires for about three years and for me the area that this hotel is a little touristy for my tastes, however if youre visiting for the first time it is perfectly located in a very safe neighborhood close to everything. big rooms, cleaned every day, mini bar, tv, breakfast in the morning.. great bed and breakfast type boutique hotel..building is a historic convent recently converted, absolutely stunning

Stayed January 2012, travelled solo