“Tremendous Experience”

Hilton Buenos Aires
Ranked #51 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This hotel was a tremendous experience. The staff is first class and many of them speak both English and Spanish. Upon entering, you walk into a huge open atrium with plenty of open space and seating for networking. The hotel does not have too many floors, so elevator rides are always short. The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are nicely equipped. The meeting space was very open and comfortable and the food was great. The best part of this hotel is its location, close to GREAT restaurants in walking distance. Also close to many of the key downtown place of interest such as the President's mansion and a HUGE catholic church. This is definately where I would stay upon my next return to Buenos Aires

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

I appreciate your comments about your stay with us, and I am happy you enjoyed our facilities, especially our spacious rooms and iconic atrium style lobby, center of activities of our hotel, and on a regular basis the venue for art exhibitions. Puerto Madero is indeed ideally located, close to restaurants and cafés and many other attractions. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Buenos Aires

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I have been in Buenos Aires many times before. They have a problem with quality and specially with cleanness, this will not be the case. You will find everything in order, the rooms with nice size, excellent views, beautiful pool and excellent breakfast ( if you are in the executive floor ). If this will not be enough, you have all the best restaurants at walking distance. Do not even think about it, go in there and forget all other nice old entrances, you will be trying to check out!

Room Tip: Ask the ninth floor, try the corner in that way you will have all around view. If not possible ask f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services. I am happy that you were satisfied with our service, and that you liked our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This hotel is situated in the renewed dock area of Buenos Aires with lots of good restaurants and walking areas near by. And for those who explores only the near surroundings to the hotel never actually visited Buenos Aires.
The Hilton is a grand building, modern, elegant and express luxury to a great extend. As a Diamond member of HHonors we were upgraded to a room on the Executive Floor given access to the lounge facilities.
The spacious room was elegantly and delicately decored and equipped. Especially I like a room with two armchairs and the small table which gives the opportunity to relax in the room with a bottle of wine i private. The beds were good and gave good sleeping quality, the bathroom spacious and of a good standard with both bath tub and a separate shower niche.
We checked in early, about 10.30 am and was invited for breakfast. A very nice treat!
The first morning we went down to the buffet restaurant for breakfast and were welcomed and asked to give our room number as usual. The breakfast was very good with a good variety of foods. Though when we finished the waiter presented ot us a bill to sign for the breakfast to be charged to the room. I told the waiter that I was a Diamond member and that I thought I was entitled to breakfast. The lady then said, of course, no problem, and took back the bill without mjy signature. The next morning we had breakfast in the executive lounge. When checking out of the hotel I was presented the bill for two breakfast servings and was told that as a Diamond member I was only entitled to the breakfast in the Exec. lounge, therefore I had to pay for the breakfast downstairs. I said this was strange to me as I experienced at several Hilton Hotels around the world that I as a Diamond member are allowed to choose wether I'll have the full buffet breakfast or the simpler option in the Exec. lounge. Besides I think they could have informed me when they first asked for my room number. Besides the lady downstairs had said it was no problem. The breakfast was taken off the bill but still i feel poorly treated.
The cocktail hour snacks were great. A rich selection and good wine. I felt a little offended during cocktail hours the first night as the waiter quite briskly approached our table asking my spouse his room number. My spouse gave the room number and the waiter turned to me and in the same brisk way asked "And yours?" I said: "My husband just told you!" Then he said in a very dismissive way: "We have only one guest registered in that room!" I told him that this would probably be my name as I am the Diamond card holder. He then disappeared. I approach the desk outside the lounge asking what this was about. The answer was then that they had to check every visitor if they were entitled to the lounge facilities. I want to mark out that you need to use your key card to open the door to the executive lounge and we were the only visitors that night who was checked!

Unfortunately the attitude of the redblond girl on duty at the Executive floor on March 2nd to 4th pulled the whole experience of this hotel down.
I experienced it as she worked at a hotel so exclusive that her status was far above my standard as a guest. I found it to be looked down on and that I as a guest was not worthy of her attention, far less her service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonGM, Gerente at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property. I´m glad you and your wife enjoyed our facilities, especially our rooms and Executive Lounge, as well as our location in Puerto Madero. I’m sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with the breakfast and with the procedure at the Executive Lounge. Your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide. We certainly appreciate your loyalty, and I congratulate you for being a Diamond Member. Thank you again and we look forward to having another opportunity of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

From the moment I checked in, this hotel surpassed all my expectations. The entire staff is extremely friendly and willing to go out of their way to provide assistance.

The room was immaculate and quite large. The view was awesome! Very quiet as well.

The location is perfect with many restaurants within walking distance. Casa Rosada and most other tourist sites are also accessible via walking. (It is a big of a long walk to Recoleta Cemetary, but doable.)

Try to stay for a Sunday and visit the amazing market in San Telmo - an easy walk from the hotel. Defense St. is lined with vendors from about 11-5 on Sundays - well worth the time and effort.

I never ate in the actual hotel, so I can't review that. It was easy to get a taxi (remis) in front of the hotel. Don't hesitate to stay here - one of the best!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Casa Rosada!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. I’m glad our staff was able to meet your expectations, making your stay more enjoyable. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. Our hotel is indeed in a very good location, close to restaurants and cafés, and with easy access to the whole city, including the Recoleta Cemetery and the San Telmo Market. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at the Hilton and had one of the best experience of my life. I arrived early in the morning and I was immediately welcome. My room was not available and as a gold member w/o even asking they allowed me to enter the executive lounge. 1 hour later they upgraded me to the executive floor, and gave me a great room.

Bed was super comfortable, internet worked flawlessly, food at the executive lounge was great. Food at the hotel itself it is great. Staff was extremely friendly and useful. Common areas are beautiful.

The hotel is located in Puerto Madero super close to great restaurants and in a super safe part of the city.

Excellent hotel, extremely recommended, nothing negative, and one of the best experience of my life.

Room Tip: Make sure to visit the pool in the 7th floor. Just the view is super worthy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s great to know that you enjoyed our service and that our staff was helpful and able to make you feel comfortable. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, in close proximity to great restaurants and cafés. I am glad you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its food offering. I would like to thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

One of our best hotel stays - Hilton BA was great - stayed 5 nights - everything was perfect !
We enjoyed the 9th floor room's view & the use of the fine executive 8th floor dining facilities.
Great location in Puerto Madero & a very friendly staff

You will love the BA Hilton !!!

• Stayed: February 2013
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had such a great stay with us. I appreciate your comments and look forward to keep welcoming you on your future trips to Argentina.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

I checked in from the car that picked me up at the airport. The atrium is beautiful. (A great Argentine film "Nueve Reinas" was filmed there.) The rooms are very big and comfortable and well laid out. The executive center is one of the best that I have seen at a Hilton with a big selection throughout the day of breakfast, snacks, and complimentary drinks. Very good service too. Will stay there again when I return to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael92780

Thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. Our iconic atrium lobby is the center of activities of our hotel, and many times the venue for art exhibitions (I hope you were able to see the current painting exhibit). I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel facilities, especially our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.