The huge atrium reminds one of a fancy Embassy Suites. Every corner of the public space is neat and orderly. Almost every person we met could not do enough for us. Special tip of the hat to Matias, Martin and Juan Cruz of the concierge staff. (Hope I got those names right.) From arranging a car at the airport to getting tickets to a tango show, they were fantastic. After a couple of days, they greeted us by name whenever we wandered through the lobby.
The folks in the restaurant and bar were equally welcoming and helpful. The food was quite good and more than plentiful. The buffet lunch is overwhelming. Ordering a drink and a few munchies and sitting in the lobby makes for great people watching.
The only slight hiccup we encountered was with the people at the Honors desk on the 8th or 9th floor. They seemed to do everything possible to avoid eye contact. To get their attention, we basically sat down at the desk. Once they acknowledged us they were quite helpful. I wondered what was so interesting on their computer screen. To be fair, I wrote this on the hotel's comment card and received an apology. The honors lounge was above average with a good selection of drinks and a fair selection of snacks.
The room was large, looked freshly painted and well kept. The bath was very large with marble and tile everywhere -- very nice. Almost no room to room noise.
The location is in a newer part of town with a strip of new restaurants within a couple of blocks. Pretty much nothing in this town is close to anything else, but this hotel is about as central as you are going to get.
Highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently winner of “Best Hotels in 20 cities in Latin America 2012” award granted by Latin Trade Magazine. Hilton Buenos Aires is an upscale, contemporary and versatile hotel located in Puerto Madero, that provides corporate and luxurious accommodations for anyone traveling to Buenos Aires for business or for pleasure. We are located in Puerto Madero, Av. Macacha Güemes 351, the latest and most thriving urban development in Buenos Aires; offering easy access to airports, proximity to the city´s financial district, amazing nightlife and major tourist attractions.The hotel is surrounded by great green spaces, and offers incredible panoramic views of the city skyline and proximity to more than forty restaurants.Views of the Rio de la Plata and the majestic city create the perfect complement for a privileged location. All guests can enjoy our hospitality, WI-FI access, 24hs room service, take away pastry and coffee, and all the services you need, the amenities you expect, and the extras you deserve.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenos Aires Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hilton Hotel Buenos Aires