We stayed for 3 nights at this new Hilton in the Puerto Madero district in December. The hotel has a modern, nice design and check in was smooth, friendly and efficient. Due to our HHonors status we have been upgraded to the Exec Level. The room was nicely decorated, comfortable, quite large and featured a large bathroom with both a bathtub and a separate walk-in shower. The room was standard modern Hilton design in a positive sense. As always with Hiltons, the bed was super comfortable. The room looked hotel clean, except for two dead butterflies lying on the carpet.
The Executive Lounge is on the top floor is awesome and and must be one of the nicest one in the “Hilton universe”; very spacious and with even a small outdoor area and an outdoor smoker’s corner that overlooks the large pool area. Breakfast and evening snacks were varied with lots of different hot and cold choices and excellent. On the other side, service outside the breakfast/evening snack hours was not up to standards. The coffee machine was unattended and almost constantly out of order for various reasons (water refill, coffee refill, emptying of the used coffee grounds, etc.) or simply not usable, because no clean coffee cups were available, or sugar was not available, or …. As for soft drinks, in most cases only water was available; if you were lucky carbonated and non-carbonated water, but mostly only non- carbonated one. It’s a beautiful lounge, so it should be a surprise that people were using it also during the day. The necessary service improvements should not be that difficult to achieve.
The other area that needs some improvement is housekeeping. We had the “do not disturb” sign on till midday and then left for the afternoon. On one evening the room was not made up, when we returned after 6 pm, but was only cleaned while we were again away for the evening (strange timing, but OK), the other evening it was still not made up by 7 pm. It was then made up while we were in the lounge and returned before 8 pm. However, no towels or bath room tissue has been supplied, so we had to go to look for the cleaning lady to get towels and bathroom tissue.
When we checked out after three nights, the two dead butterflies were still lying in the very same spot on the carpet. So, it’s safe to say, that housekeeping is not a strong point of the hotel.
Check-out was easy, uneventful and friendly. The requested late check-out was not a problem.
The Puerto Madero district, a modern redevelopment with lots of restaurants, cafés and bars, is not a bad place to stay. It’s within walking distance to the actual city center and even to the ferries to Uruguay (if you don´t have a lot of luggage) and offers a nice opportunity for an evening walk or night out. However, it’s an upscale area and expensive compared to other choices in Buenos Aires. It therefore seems to be mostly frequented by a business clientele and foreign tourists. If you turn to the other side (right side after exiting the hotel) you get to a promenade along the Ecologic Reserve full of smaller down to earth stalls frequented by the locals for a weekend barbecue and drink. The adjoining ecologic reserve however was real disappointment, run down and full of waste dumped along the walkways and Rio del Plata riverside. How this dump can be called an “ecologic reserve” is hard to understand.
All in all it was a very nice stay in an area we enjoyed. We would not hesitate to return to this Hilton, if our travels bring us back to Buenos Aires. However, it was our first trip to Argentina and we were not exactly impressed by the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently winner of “Best Hotels in 20 cities in Latin America 2012” award granted by Latin Trade Magazine. Hilton Buenos Aires is an upscale, contemporary and versatile hotel located in Puerto Madero, that provides corporate and luxurious accommodations for anyone traveling to Buenos Aires for business or for pleasure. We are located in Puerto Madero, Av. Macacha Güemes 351, the latest and most thriving urban development in Buenos Aires; offering easy access to airports, proximity to the city´s financial district, amazing nightlife and major tourist attractions.The hotel is surrounded by great green spaces, and offers incredible panoramic views of the city skyline and proximity to more than forty restaurants.Views of the Rio de la Plata and the majestic city create the perfect complement for a privileged location. All guests can enjoy our hospitality, WI-FI access, 24hs room service, take away pastry and coffee, and all the services you need, the amenities you expect, and the extras you deserve.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Buenos Aires Hotel Buenos Aires
- Hilton Hotel Buenos Aires