“Very nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero
Ranked #84 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed here 4 times and have found it to be a good value. The hotel is centrally located to shopping and great restaurants. The breakfast is very good and I really like the second floor kitchen area. You can go there any time and get sandwiches, drinks and snacks and they charge them directly to your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero.

Our location is just fantastic with so many things to see and visit. We are surrounded by great restaurants and just two blocks away from Puerto Madero.

We are very glad to know that you enjoy our complimentary Buffet Breakfast and our 24 hs Express Market.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you in a near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We chose this hotel mainly because of the central location along with the fact that my husband and I travel a lot and usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express locations so to build up reward points. However, we will not be staying at this particular Holiday Inn again on our next visit to Buenos Aires.

We are not high maintenance travelers. We don't need posh accommodations, even though when we stay at better hotels, it's usually when vacationing and we enjoy and appreciate the finer experiences. But our traveling is normally work related all over the Central and South Americas, and we just need the basic comfortable accommodations.

With this said, the room we stayed in faced a side street that was lined with garbage dumpsters. People would throw things in the dumpsters and slam the lid shut which would make noises all during the night. Noise from within the hotel was fairly loud too. We could hear elevators opening and closing even though we were on the opposite end on the hall from them. We could hear room doors opening and shutting as well. Oddly enough, our water in the bathroom would run in the drain sometimes for half an hour after flushing the toilet or take a shower. It created a surprisingly loud noise in the room. Outside of these issues, rooms were average in space and cleanliness.

On a frustrating note, I had planned a day from my stay whereby I wanted to sit outside for a bit, read, and enjoy the weather, which I had inquired about before I left the U.S. and discovered it was going to be very nice and warm. After doing my homework on the hotel, I knew it had no pool based on the listed amenities, which was completely fine. I did, however, think the hotel had a patio for my use. So, with this foreknowledge, I ventured through the hotel the night before my planned day of leisure in hopes of finding the patio, but after walking to the 14th floor, where the patio was supposedly located, there was no such place at this hotel, despite the fact that the pictures showed a patio outside the gym. I was disappointed. I then asked the front desk about the patio availability, and I was assured that they would grant me access to the patio area the next day and would even put a chair out there for me. So, the next day I went to the front desk to get them to do as they said they would do and was told that they would not give me access to the patio because they no longer consider it a patio area and for security reasons could not let people into that area (were the people staying previously in danger?). The next morning, when I explained to the front desk what I had been told the night before, they dismissed it without even an apology. So much for my one day of relaxation and sunbathing.

Just as I was trying to overcome the patio debacle, I made another request to be moved from my room because of the noise from the garbage dumpsters and passersby talking loudly and cars using the side street underneath my room window. Surprisingly, the front desk staff was unsympathetic and told me there were no other rooms, which given the low number of visible traffic of people staying in the hotel, I found that somewhat hard to believe. Nevertheless, with these experiences under my belt, I'd have to say that the overall attitude of the staff was not very good and left a bad taste in my mouth.

On a positive note, location was great and central to all the hot spots and main areas. From the hotel, you're 15 minutes walking distance from the port and its restaurants, and you are a ten minute taxi ride to San Telmo and Recoletta and about 20 minutes to Palermo, all of these areas offer great eating and shopping.

1  Thank KBRB2013
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you had duting your stay in our Hotel. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the challenge you have experienced as this does not reflect at all our normal standards of service.

We will obviously review this issue with our Front Desk Manager in order to avoid any future occurence.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly to gimena,yglesario@talbot.cl for your reservation. I will be happy to make all the necessary to make your experience memorable.

Best regards,

Gimena Yglesario

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The main reason for me to stay at this Hotel is because of the so friendly and helpful personel. The rooms are very functional and clean. The hotel is conviniently located close to the " business center- microcentro" Breakfast is good.

This hotel is,worth every star it has. Really a good value. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: water front, upper floors are better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. It is always such a pleasure to receive positive comments.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Buenos Aires and at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero.

Hoping to welcome you soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The locations is ok, near the Puerto Madero, no restaurant, only the snacks and beverages!the room is clear but ask for hightail floors, because the hotel is close to the street and this street are crowd .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate you letting others know about your experience while staying with us. We are glad that you liked our location and found the rooms to be clean. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The front desk and service personnel were great! The room was very comfortable and everything worked. Plenty of very good restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast in the morning is continental in style, but the quality was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post your comment following your most recent stay wtih us!

I am very glad you have enjoyed our location and our Staff.

Once again, thank you so much for providing such valuable feedback and comments. We do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel is located in a safe, busy commercial district with restaurants and shopping nearby. It is also a pick-up location for tours, and I chose it over a boutique hotel in Palermo after learning that tour buses do not pick up at any hotels in Palermo. River view rooms on the higher floors are best, as you can see the cargo shipping port, the Buquebus (ferry to Uruguay) terminal, and modern skyscrapers such as Samsung. City lights are pretty at night from the large window, and we were glad that the window opens so that we could enjoy the cool breezes. The street in front of the hotel is large and very busy, so expect plenty of traffic noise, but you get used to it quickly and it did not disrupt our sleep. Glad for blackout curtain to block the bright early morning sun. The back of the hotel looks directly at another tall building with a side street in between.

Car, taxi, and van or small bus pick-ups take place directly in front of the hotel, and larger tour buses park around the corner on Cordoba while the guide comes into the lobby to get you. The lobby is very pleasant with comfortable seating and secure with a guard on duty at all times. Currency exchange is available at the front desk and rate is fair - a very helpful convenience.

Hotel staff is excellent - very professional and efficient from the front desk to outstanding room cleaning to breakfast workers. Hotel is very clean and well run. They were able to give us early check-in and late check-out as well as storing our bags on departure day, which greatly helped with our flight schedule to and from the USA. When I first saw that our river view room was located right by the elevator and stairs, I was concerned that we might hear noise in the hall, but that was not the case at all - it was quiet and restful as I had requested. Room was immaculate, good towels and toiletries were provided, and beds were comfortable with good linens. I especially appreciated that our extra bed, although expensive ($50 per day) since I am used to it being free or $10 per night in the USA, was much like a regular twin bed with a comfortable mattress and good linens instead of a thin little rollaway cot, and I rested well on it.

As others have mentioned, a news channel in English is much needed (BBC would be great), and a mini refrigerator would be very nice, especially for people like me, as I have bad feet and stay in the room for long periods of time and through some meals while my guys go on long walks to explore cities. I did appreciate the convenience foods and drinks offered for purchase on the mezzanine floor around the corner from the breakfast area. Did not notice whether there was a microwave available in that area - if not, that would be very helpful, too.

Wireless was included in the price of the room, and worked well. Breakfast was also included, and offered many tasty items. Those two items (wireless internet and a full breakfast) are very important and for me are deal breakers if not included.
Loved the rich chocolate milk, selection of yogurt, juices, whole fruits (especially bananas), whole grain bread, salami, ham, real cheese, packets of real butter, dulce de leche, and interesting jellies. Wonderful pastries that had sweet potato and cream cheese on them were sometimes available - would have liked them every day.
Scrambled eggs were runny - they need to be cooked more - and would have liked mild chorizo sausages like we had at the Estancia Santa Susana or sausage patties instead of those little red ones that looked like tiny hot dogs. Wished for thicker white milk as only skim was offered, but it was tolerable on cereal. All in all, a good offering to start the day.

Many thanks to entire staff of Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero for a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thrifty3

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero during your recent stay in Buenos Aires.

We appreciate your valuable feedback and extremely kind comments regarding the location, staff, rooms and buffet breakfast. We will make sure to share them with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to city!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

If you intend to be in and around Puerto Madero this Holiday Inn is quite good. It is a short/medium walk to the waterfront promenade with all of its restaurants and shops, and a short walk to the shopping street and the beautiful indoor shopping mall.

Room Tip: Teh suites are mice and roomy here and provide an excellent view of thewater
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
javier v, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay at our Hotel. We are very glad to know that you enjojed our privileged location in city.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in your next visit to Buenos Aires.