“Top notch tango show - a must do!”
Review of El Viejo Almacen

and up
'El Viejo Almacen' New Year's Party
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In the neighbourhood of San Telmo it is located the most classic house of tango of all times, El Viejo Almacén. It offers shows since 1969 and preserves the architecture and atmosphere of tango culture. The house has a unique magic in which the cultural barrier between different nationalities ceases to exist and we all joined by one of the greatest expressions of any culture: the language of music. It has a proposal of Dinner & Show, with a menu of international cuisine a la carte and an extensive wine cellar with the best national wines. Then, any member of the public is delighted with an excellent show of tango composed by prestigious dancers, the famous Quintet of El Viejo Almacén and two highly recognized national singers, who play some of the traditional songs of tango´s history. The most acclaimed tango show in the world accompanied by fine cuisine, recalls the bygone era of tango and takes us back to times of outlaws and suburbs in the ground where tango has its roots ... Buenos Aires.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The show was a combination of live music, two soloists and tango dancers and they put together an amazing performance. Beautiful costumes, amazingly complex tango steps all executed brilliantly and a 5 man band with personality. The senior soloist brought down the house with demands for an encore.

The VIP price included pickup and delivery from our hotel and drinks all handled well.
Leslie A

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were collected from our hotel on time. The show is in a small theatre on the corner of a street in the San Thelmo area. It felt authentic and we sat at small wooden tables very close to the stage. We asked to move because we had a pillar in front of us and we were moved promptly right next to the stage. A glass of bubbly arrived pre-show and we ordered a round of drinks in the middle, expecting to pay for them but we weren't charged anything. The show contained some wonderful tango, a singing act and a Andean cultural music act. The latter was very good. Costumes and lighting also good. A definite must in Buenos Aries.

1  Thank DeborahG208
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I can't even describe how wonderful this place was, I had landed that same night and had no plans whatsoever to go and watch a tango show, but booking with them was so easy. After calling, they directed me to there website on which I could buy tickets with a discount, in about an hour they were in our from door to pick us up.

While on the phone they had given me a discount rate different than the one that was advertised when I booked online, so they emailed me indicating that they were going to honor the original rate and refund the difference at the location.

Once I got there, the table had my name on it, along with glasses of champagne and the refund (a nice touch considering I had booked just an hour ago). The venue is small/intimate and old, has a historic feel to it, at first didn't expect the show to be that good but I was wrong, the dancing was simply flawless. Once the show ended, they took us back to our apartment.

As far as the food, can't comment as I had dinner earlier, so did the show only option which is a nice alternative if you're scared about their food or want to have dinner on your own.

p.s.: Seems drinks were unlimited but "tips" were highly encouraged.

Still highly recommended.

1  Thank JoseChi312
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Once we get there, we go for a dinner (VIP) excellent food and wine, and many choices. After dinner we move to the other building just crossing the street and we get a bottle of champagne. The house is small, nice show. My husband and I love tango and we like to go in all, so in different time we change the tango house.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We booked this through our hotel and I cant remember the price in argentinian money but it was about £45 (british pounds) each to include transport, dinner and the show. The meal was OK with good service. All drinks were included during dinner and the show. We absolutely loved the show. The musician were very enthusiastic and we loved the music and dancing. We were both really pleased that we were recommended to come here.