Claridge Hotel
Galerias Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Carsson Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Average 3/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand King Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Reconquista Plaza(Buenos Aires)
Hotel Frossard(Buenos Aires)
View Hotel
Hotel Facon Grande(Buenos Aires)
Lafayette Hotel(Buenos Aires)
  • Breakfast included
Gran Hotel Avenida(Buenos Aires)
  • Restaurant
1,429 results
All reviewsflorida streetbritish stylehalf blockbusiness centerbreakfast buffetexcellent locationpedestrian streetnice pooltango showcentral locationthree nightscharming hoteltrip to buenos airesbaargentinaconciergemicrocenter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I first stayed in this hotel over 20 years ago - it was fantastic. Have stayed in it 6 times since, the last time was 4 years and everything was great. Now it is terrible. No bellman, spa closed, rooms and bedding tired. It is now cheap but I came here for old memories not value.

Last time I will ever stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oceanhuatulco
Reviewed 20 January 2014

When I read the reviews of this hotel, I wasn't expecting much. We had just come from a brand new hotel in Montevideo, so I thought I would be disappointed with the Claridge. However, the staff was great, they put in an extra bed for my daughter .. the room was old, but completely comfortable and all we needed. The pool is the best part of the hotel - we spent the whole afternoon there. Beautiful in the 38 degree Buenos Aires heat.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KellyinChile
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had booked three nights at the Calridge hotel not reading the reviews which I wish I had done. The facade is beautiful don't be fooled. And the location is excellent! Given the service was great there was only one person at concierge in the lobby he was very kind.
When going into the elevators that looked like they hadn't been renovated since the 50's, little did I know the rooms were even worse. The carpets had staining, the rooms smelled, bed a were horrible and hard, the bathroom was leaking all over, and the curtains were broken. The only thing that was modern was the television.
My family and I (4 of us) stayed one night had horrible sleep and decided to switch hotels to the hilton for about 50 dollars more a night! WOW the hilton is EXCELLENT highly recommend the hilton!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We like this hotel right in the centre of Buenos Aires. You cannot beat for value: Us$105 to sleep in the commercial heart of Buenos aires, and within walking distance from la Casa Rosada shops and department stores.
The room we had was a little on the small size, but adequate for just two night of our visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at The Claridge (previous visit was 5 years ago) and even though we were upgraded to a suite for our one night stay it was clear that little had been done by way of modernising the hotel in the intervening years.

The room was ok, clean and the bed comfortable and being a suite had plenty of room although we did have a water leak problem when showering which flooded the bathroom floor. The tea/coffee facilities seemed rather poor for a hotel with just a couple of tea bags available and the wifi could have been stronger.

We had friends that stopped at The Claridge a few days after us and they again commented on the dated / tired nature of their room.

Shame that the hotel pool did not open until 21st December for the summer season even though the temperature outside in BA was in the mid 30s but again this area looked like it needed some work.

That said the staff were friendly enough and breakfast provided enough options to set you up for the day ahead.

The hotel location is good as you are within walking distance of most central areas and the metro is close by if you need it however Tucuman is a hectic/busy road (albeit one lane of traffic) that may seem a little daunting to some.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends