Gran Hotel Hispano
Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
US$217
US$914
US$755
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$192
Travelocity
US$144
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Icaro Suites(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$73
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
US$266
US$220
Travelocity
  • Pool
Circus Hostel & Hotel(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$38
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench doors leadinghotel doorinner courtyardclassic hotelvery nice hoteltortonibathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The location is just perfect in Buenos Aires, close to the Casa Rosada and the Avenida de 9 de Julio, and at the center where all the major tube stations meet. The staff was very friendly, rooms are overall nice though the bathrooms are really small, and breakfast was about average. This was my second stay at the Gran Hotel Hispano already, and I'd definitely go there again as value for money and location-wise it's a great option.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelOlady
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great hotel with perfect location. Have stayed there every time I go to Buenos Aires. Near Cafe Tortoni and Plaza de Mayo. Ave Florida nearby as well as ave. 9 De Julio. Puerto Moderno within walking distance as well as San Telmo on a Sunday afternoon. Hotel is old but comfortable with a great price.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Runway5
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I contacted the Gran Hotel Hispano as it was listed as one of Tripadvisor's best value hotels and I was not disappointed at any time during my stay. Their timely responsiveness to all my emails requesting additional information and other details is commendable. I was able to make a 5 night reservation without requiring a credit card deposit and check-in was fast and efficient. A room rate discount is extended for those paying cash in lieu of using a credit card. A hotel safe and a room safe with key lock were available (the latter for a small additional fee). They convert foreign currency and gave me an excellent exchange rate for my US Dollars.

I got a room overlooking Avenida de Mayo with a balcony (on my first night there was a two hour peaceful demonstration on the street below). Complimentary and very fast wi-fi was available in my room at all times, night and day. Two personal computers are located in the common area and are for use at no cost to the hotel guests. The air conditioner was effective and cooled down the room very quickly. Color TV with almost 80 channels and many English-speaking channels was nice. There was no bathub in my room, but the shower was satisfactory and there was never a lack of hot water. My bathroom even had a bidet and some bath amenities were included.

Free breakfast consisted of a croissant, a medialuna, one slice of toast, coffee and orange juice. They offer laundry service and I think there is a bar. Additionally, due to my lack of Spanish, they helped me arrange my transfer back to the airport through Manuel Tienda Leon ($31 USD round-trip bought on arrival in Buenos Aires).

I would recommend this hotel to any budget conscience traveler due to the excellent room rate, its convenient location in microcentro, and for the staff at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank BrockDaBadger
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The hotel is located right in the centre and very convenient for sights and shopping in Microcentro and San Telmo. Its very unimpressive entrance hides the fact that its based around a very cozy courtyard, shielding you from the street noises. A very nice place to sit after a long day walking Buenos Aires. Breakfast is standard Argentine, i.e. very basic. Free computers available.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mschr
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This hotel is an excellent value for its location. We enjoyed the staff and the shared enclosed court yard, which provided a refuge from the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires. The staff was very attentive and a joy to be around making the hotel a very welcoming place. The price point for its location can’t be beat. It is an easy walk to several locations and has many very good cafés within a block or two of the hotel (we particularly enjoyed Café Goya). The rooms are clean and comfortable, but small, lack natural light and ventilation and are starkly furnished. In our opinion, the shared spaces in the court yard and small patio more than compensated for the small rooms. If you rate your hotel on thread counts and number of free toiletries this is not the hotel for you. However, if you want a clean, friendly hotel and want to preserve your budget for something besides lodging, this would be a very good selection.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple