Grand King Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gran Hotel Avenida(Buenos Aires)
  • Restaurant
Galerias Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Hotel Frossard(Buenos Aires)
Lafayette Hotel(Buenos Aires)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We booked this hotel months ago for our Jan trip to Buenos Aires .The lobby looks fine modern and clean .The rooms ..so called STANDARD are a disgrace ..old .,old OLD ,sewage smellybathroom ,VERY uncomfortable beds and pillows .towels I would use as floor rags .Ladies at reception when I asked to change rooms CATEGORICALLY refused .They wanted more money NOt helpful at all.VERY poor service. Refused to let me speak to manager .VERY aggressive no PR told me I could write and complain all I want she did not care .I speak fluent Spanish and when we arrived I heard them say give them that room they are from EXpedia .I have since advised the company about such treatment
Elevator is SMALL hardly fits 2 and never at floor level you could easily trip getting out.Breakfast had BURNT rolls and spoiled fruit which I DISCREETLY pointed out but was recycled instead of being discarded .They refused to give me a better room because I booked with Expedia They sent us to eat at tourist traps .I ordered a REMISE taxi with them to leave ...they never did it
This hotel has 4 STARS ...it does not desreve 1 MOON .It is a REAL DUMP .RUN away from this place .I spoke to many clients THey felt the same way
There is nothing Grand or Kingly about this place .TRYP around the corner better value and accomodation for about same money
No one should stay here .It is a horrid place ...the worst in ALL my travels

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mmemichele
Reviewed 15 January 2010

Great location!
Mediocre buffet, same cold food... limited variety.
Front desk-do not want to even try speak English . Thanks for some bilingual friends. Deluxe room is fine, but has a lot of plumbing issues.. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO STAY AT STANDARD ROOM! Smell, old broken furniture, poor bedding.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Guillermo Gonzalez, Mendoza
They try to scam me and the whole front desk staff was very rude.
I stayed at this hotel two nights. I made a reservation on the phone for one night. While I was checking in a decided to stay an extra night. But in order to make my decision, first I asked them whether they were willing to keep the same rate i was paying for the first night. I talk to the person i was told to do so, and she accepted to keep the same price for the second night. Then, i went back to the reception desk and i confirm that under those terms i was going to stay one more night.
After that, every time I was walking in and out of the hotel, they were asking me if i was leaving right after my first night there and, correspondingly, every time I insisted that it was confirmed while i as checking in.
The day after my first night at the hotel, the receptionist insisted that according to his records i was leaving the hotel that morning. Again, I insisted that i told him i was not leaving that morning, that the issue was solved while i was checking in. But he denied and blamed me with arrogance and in a very rude way that i did not confirm anything and that i was supposed to leave that morning, unwilling to solve the problem. Again, i repeated myself asking him to finally solve the problem. That night he said the problem was solved. BUT!!!!! WHEN I WAS CHECKING OUT THEY CHARGED ME ON THE SECOND NIGHT TO TIMES THE PRICE OF THE FIRST NIGHT!!!! And again, they started blaming me, arguing that i agreed to stay for that rate. No one at the hotel wanted to take responsibility on the issue. They denied everything with arguments based on assumptions, giving me a really hard time. The lack of professionalism was remarkable, the receptionist was denying everything without corroborating with the rest of the staff. When the situation got really tense she finally confirmed my argument with the person who game me the approval on keeping the first night rate on the second night. I left that place and Buenos Aires really upset.

The hotel was clean, location and breakfast were very good. However, the staff is not professional, is rude and does not deliver service. Based on all of the about I don not recommend this hotel.

Guillermo Gonzalez, Mendoza, Arg

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank guillermoMendoza
Reviewed 5 October 2009

In the center of city, very close to calle Florida, easy access to Porto Madeiro.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ascheidl
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Perfectly placed for the tourist - wham in the middle of a walkway in downtown BA - surrounded by people, shops and restaurants. The hotel is non descript but fine! The rooms are small, bit noisy and ours was way too hot. No air con and no thru flow of fresh air. Breakfast was delicious. You need to speak the language - even basically - to get by in BA. Watch out for pick pocketing in the busy streets!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple